Insomnia/mental illness Thread

Insomnia/mental illness Thread.

Pic related, tonights special.

Post pics of the meds you use and general chat about the joys of mental illness induced insomnia

really can't go wrong with 2mg of xanax.

Sometimes i use halcion which is probably the best sleeping med ive used as it leaves no residual sedation in the morning

Nice quads. I've been up all night, it's 8:30 am now. I got no diagnoses or prescriptions though. Probably because I never talk to anyone about my problems or even allude to their existence. It's possible to live like this.

What do you mean quads? is it the quetiapine
I did that for many years user. It's not fun. Can't get to sleep untill at least 4am without meds.

it's 23:41 here and im about half way through the joint in the pic and the xanax should be kicking in any sec. Getting a diagnosis is good even just for access to good drugs that are also meds

Do specific thoughts keep you awake or do you just get hyper/hypo-manic

Hehe no silly I mean your post number ends in 8888.

I want to get diagnosed and get drugs, but I hate the stigma attached. I shouldn't, it's not like half my family isn't on mood-altering drugs and benzodiazapenes.

Holy shit, did not notice that!

The stigma seems to be going fairly fast. I defiantly don't feel it here in Ireland but i generally surround myself with intelligent people.

What do you think you should be diagnosed with?

Bipolar, insomnia, maybe schizoid but I don't really think so. I just like to keep to myself. That's partly because being so moody and sensitive makes socializing difficult though.

What are you diagnosed with? I know quetiapine is either for bipolar or schizophrenia.

I'm diagnosed with borderline and ADHD.

Low dose anti-psycotics are used for anxiety. the 50mg i take would be useless for any psychotic symptoms.

If your moods change rapidly and last less then a week or two it's probably borderline. If it's a few weeks of really low depression and then bit of really good mood and then overwhelming mania for a bit it's probably some sort of bi-polar

Either way it's shit that can be treated and your life can be better. In the end it comes down to your will to beat the illness but drugs are a great first step to give you that push and in some cases brain chemistry just needs a litttle help to work well

I met lots of people with all the illness you've mentioned when i was in hospital and the best results come when a patient just tries hard. Getting it early while its less severe yields much better results too

As I understand, bipolar and borderline are cut from the same cloth, so to speak. Often it's not a case of one or the other but some degree of the two combined.

Honestly though, the only thing that really concerns me is the lack of sleep. Having an extreme personality can be fun with enough self-discipline to prevent yourself from doing anything too overboard.

That said though, I basically broke off a long-term friendship the other day, and I don't know if it was justified or just an impulse of my variable mind. It wasn't a big drama luckily.

OP do you ever hurt people because of the way you think?

Only myself lol

I've gotten a lot better at handling other people and smoking lots of weed really helps.

Borderline is very similar to bipolar but i think people with bipolar have it worse as they have periods where they're not in control

Think deeply of why you broke off that friendship and figure out if it's worth losing what could be good friend. Sorry if im sounding preachy im pretty stoned now

I've broken off a few friendships for reasons that i now can bairly even remember. Still to stubborn to resume contact

I smoke a fair amount of weed myself. Do you have vicious, paranoid thoughts about the people you spend time with? Because I tend to have these thoughts and I wonder if it's because of borderline.

Nope, don't really get paranoia. That's probably just the weed. If it makes you paranoid or you even just experience it naturally weed is probably not for you

I don't mean full-blown paranoia. Just things like "Does this person really respect me, or are they just using me?" but constantly. No trust in others.

You know, you seem pretty well balanced for someone on three different medications who supposedly has borderline.

25 - 50 mg elavil fixes my insomnia, it takes a long time for it to get you sleepy though, i take elavil 2 - 4 hours before hitting bed.

I prefered seroquel though since it instantly made me black out but now im out of pills

The meds work pretty well and i generally don't lash out at other people but i still have internal struggle

I have stupid amounts of generic seroquel, like in my pic. don't find it that good any more. I build tolerance ridiculously quick tho

elavil sounds quite like mirtrazapine. I'm on the max dose but it doesn't sedate me any more