At this point in his career has he been surpassed by Messi as a midfielder/playmaker?

At this point in his career has he been surpassed by Messi as a midfielder/playmaker?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6F9mhgJ2wjo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

le poor mans scholes

le poor mans gerrard

le poor mans pulisic

Iniesta never slipped

In terms of chance creating/final pass/offensive contribution = yes, greatly. General off the ball defensive workrate = no.

No. Messi is great at playing those killer balls, but that doesn't make him a midfielder.

won 2 euros and 1 world cup.
meanwhile

What do you know, a brit who actually knows his stuff.

Image how many NT trophies he would have if he played for Spain. Probably 4 Euros and 2 WC

Switch their places and it wouldn't make much end difference, apart from Spain being offensively superior than it was. They'd still win things they won.

Iniesta on the other hand, wouldn't make much difference in Maradona's 2010 squad or in Sabella's 2014 (remember, Iniesta couldn't pull Spain out of group stage that year).

The 2010 Spain team was one of the best assembled NT ever, it wasnt hinged on any one player

Probably, but Messi is a freak. No shame in that.

wonder if he regrets not playing in the spanish nt when he had the chance. He would be practically considered the unanimous GOAT even by doubters, loved by the country (unlike argentina where half the population hate him) and what not. Instead we have your pic related.

youtube.com/watch?v=6F9mhgJ2wjo

slippy baldy

kek

if they played like barcelona where he just casually jogs around while the rest of the team does the hard work and then he runs past tired defense, then yes

but in all seriousness he'd probably fuck up massively just like he did with argentina, he can't handle pressure, him fucking up important penalties and sitters in the WC final proves, proves it and proves it again and again and again, but you will cry and deny it because you're a stupid shite

>that is not a red
>there is no uefalona
>should have been awarded a pen against atletico
>rating Iniesta

i think he wouldve been better for italy

The Spanish NT would be able to carry him in the situation. They had Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, Pique, Ramos and Busquets in 2010

He couldn't pick Italy. But he had Spanish nationality when took the decission.

no

nah, it would only give credit to le system babby argument

>Clueless: The post

iniester the molester single handedly won his country a world cup.

This hero will be a legend for all times to come. When his striking game doesnt work , hes out there supplying hawk eye passes. When his striking game works .....well you know as well as i do those are game changers. If only his counterparts in argentina i.e higuain or aguero just learn finishing. I remember the argentina run in the 2010 worldcup , and i remember the stupid ass blunders of the argentinian strikers while he supplied pass after pass. He'll have on e more try in the upoming qualifires

le poor mans freddy adu