Is it just me, or does this movie get worse everytime you rewatch it? It feels so small, like nothing happens

Is it just me, or does this movie get worse everytime you rewatch it? It feels so small, like nothing happens.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RtbejMoJcp0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

just you

just you

It's not meant to be rewatched.

You've been using this site for too long.
It's doing you no favors.

Faggots. Doubles

It's a theather experience I guess. I watched it via YIFY and it was absolute shit.

I agree, they just stop and turn around and go back to where they escaped

Mad Max has never been a series focused on plot or character development. It's all about action shots and scenery. The movie more than delivered on that.

I watched it for the first time today and that was my problem too. It didn't escalate properly. Like Dredd 2012. That movie blew it's load with the minigun scene halfway through and then it gets less intense.

>It's not meant to be rewatched.

When I first saw it I didn't know how to feel, but after seeing a few people here didn't like it, I don't like it either now.

That was the whole premise.

It's a chase and then a race.

>implying this movie is bad but rewatches it multiple times
what did he mean by this

>YIFY
That's your problem.

>I agree, they just stop and turn around and go back to where they escaped
And the only thing that really stops them on the way there is the scene where it's all blue and there's the single tree.
Before that they're just running away from Immortan Joe. Also, the journey back is like 20 minutes when it took almost 2 hours to get there.

>people don't like this movie

How to spot a pleb

I never said it was bad, you fucking idiots. I loved it the first time I saw it and it's technically a great movie.
But it doesn't seem a quarter as exciting when you rewatch it. It feels like nothing happens.

>Also, the journey back is like 20 minutes when it took almost 2 hours to get there.

Haven't you ever been on a road trip?

I'm sorry my dude but you're a pleb and by the laws governing patricians I must have disdain for you

>That movie blew it's load with the minigun scene halfway through and then it gets less intense.
What minigun scene? I haven't seen it in a while.

The problem is mechanical. Act 3 does not up the intensity. It's flat compared to what came before.

A new faction was needed, maybe. Some kind of change of pace. Act 3 being them riding through the same goons as before was kind of lame. The conflict is bigger, sure but it's not big enough.

Why the fuck would I have gone on a road trip?

youtube.com/watch?v=RtbejMoJcp0

Should have been more towards the end I think.

Cause you have friends with cars?

The problem with having a movie be more or less one big chase is that you get less out of it each time you watch it.

One of the reasons I think the Road Warrior is better. It paces itself much better and I feel completely satisfied after the end with the big chase.

But it gets better with each viewing.

why the fuck would you watch this more than once?

gets better to me, which is surprising cause pleb shit like this isn't really my thing anymore

As a fucking stunt show alone it's amazing.

Why rewatch almost anything when there's more good movies and tv than you could watch in a lifetime?

It should have been that when they got back, something unexpected happens like the water breaks and then they have a hand-to-hand combat scene in the mud with water falling on them. When Immortan Joe is killed, everyone watching is stunned, and then they come celebrate, lifting Max and Furiosa up.

>feels so small

Stop watching capeshit with its meaningless "scale" tripe.

I don't have friends.

Are you suggesting Joe and Max have a face to face fight? Because that wouldn't really work, Mad Max films have never had big standoffs with the chief antagonists

To study filmmaking techniques.

OH YEAH. You're definitely right.
Dredd should've been a lot better than it was.

OPs feelings explained in graph form.

>tfw

It was still a solid 8.5. They just put it together backwards.

kek

go back to your capeshit thread dummy

re... watching?

I barely made it through on the first watch. Absolutely garbage snooze fest.

Or how about after the water breaks and the mountain falls apart and the geyser is raining water down on them, Joe tells his gang to go get the monster trucks. They start having a car battle in the mud, cars are getting crushed along with the people in them. Then the Max ends up killing Joe with Furiosa's help, and then the celebration.

I definitely think the water and mud idea is great because after the whole movie of being in the dessert and water being scarce, it ends with water pouring down on them and it gives the opportunity to show the cars moving in mud.

I'd really recommend watching Road Warrior to show you how you handle these things in Mad Max

I enjoyed it on first viewing, less so on the second. But I attribute that to the first viewing being from the best seat in a theater and the second being from a love seat at an angle to a 47" flatscreen.

It's a good-looking action flick, but it does suffer some from the antagonists being for more interesting than the protagonists.

Thank you, that's exactly what I was trying to say.

That sounds like complete shit.

I meant more in comparison to something like The Blues Brothers or Adventures in Babysitting.
Those movies never feel small when you rewatch them.

It needed a bigger budget too, no matter how great the casting and writing was, the movie looks absolutely horrible.

this movie gets better and better every time I watch it. so many great details and lines that I missed. you all sound a bit mediocre

It's pretty fun movie. I don't really get bored watching it.

2 > 4 > 1 > 3

wot. It looked amazing.

That was supposed to be his catamite yeah?

The thing that really endeared it to me was the sheer amount of love that was put into the movie. ESPECIALLY the Warboy extras, guys looked like they were having the time of their lives the entire movie

Probably, the wasteland can be a lonely place and there weren't too many women in The Humungus' crew.

You know we're talking about Dredd, right?

>Drive here
>Drive there

Honestly I just felt like Max became a backseat character and he was the only one I really cared about

I wish I had gotten to see it a third time in theaters

>he was the only one I really cared about

I don't understand why anyone would care about him. The character was never really talkative, sure, but he was played by one of the most charismatic actors of all time, and they recast him with Mr. literal nobody forgettable face, and then put a dumb mask on him for half the movie.

lol, why would you even watch this once??

The first couple of minutes led me to believe that the show would be about Max fighting for survival in a post apocalyptic world while being haunted by the memories of people he cared about

Instead for over half the movie he's just sitting in a truck, not even driving. His name may be on the title but Furiosa feels like more of a main character than him.

Should have just called it Furiosa Road (featuring Max from the Mad Max™ series)