What does a rotting human body smell like?

what does a rotting human body smell like?

Cat piss and sewer .

hang on, let me go check my basement and i'll tell you

coffee and sweat

Shit and garbage

take a shit in the trash and then leave it out side in the hot sun for a few hours then open the bag up and take a sniff

like your moms vagina

Bad sewage! We had a person at my townhouse complex pass away last week. The entire neighborhood stank like sewage. He was dead for maybe 5 days before the cops and coroner took his body out.

pic sauce?

Smells just like dead animal in the woods. If you have ever smelt

You'll know it when you smell it. Trust me.

Smells like roadkill. Depends on how close you are to the smell. Old guy next door passed away when I was 11 and my brother found him. He had been dead for a few days in Tennessee heat. The smell clings to your clothes. He was in a chair to the right as you walk in and I remember stepping through something on the floor walking in. It was the shit that ran out of the body. My dad threw my shoes away because they smelled.

salty milk and coins

A bag of sand

Was literally about to say that but settled on the bag of sand

At room temp after two or three days? It smells sweet and rotten at the same time.

I learned this while cleaning out a dead relative's apartment. He'd died and been removed by then. But there was a putrid stain his corpse left on the carpet.

Sweet.

when reading about ww1 life in the trenches, they always talk about a smell that is so distinct and so foul, and instinctive-fear-inspiring it imprints into their mind. so I can't imagine it's just a sewer smell. or maybe it depends on the amount of bodies.

if you read wikipedia (putrefaction), you'll find the two main chemicals are putrescine and cadaverine.

Actually, let me not oversimplify it. For a body that has been decomposing a while, let me try to paint a picture. Shit in the toilet, get a pork shoulder, and let it sit in there for a month, lid closed. Open it, and spray a bit of your grandmothers perfume on it. Multiply that smell by 100.

Not really sure, but i would imagine it would be like that of a hoarder house with lots of cats. I know that smells since we had a old cat lady where I reside. It stank pretty hard.

Dunno about rotting bodies, but freshly dead people kinda smell like stale bread

(I just gather trash bags in the hospital I work at but still seen some shit)