Wha exactly was wrong with this again?

Wha exactly was wrong with this again?

memers who were told by faceless anons that Tarantino is bad regurgitating the same rhetoric

Tarantino is good. Hateful Eight is great.

>unnecessary narration
>ruined what could have been a good mystery flick

Tarantino was a lil bitch cus the script got leaked

It was a bit too long. Better than Django though.

I never read reviews for this movie but I loved it as I do all of tarantino's work

Tarantino fucked up what could have been a good concept for a movie by encouraging the retarded kind of over acting he is known for but this time it just went too far for me.

Literally nothing. It's uno farto's best work, next to Basterds

nothing it's fucking awesome from start to finish

Nigger what?

mash up of reservoir dogs and pulp fiction in a cabin. tarantulo is getting lazy.

shitty intro and Samuel talking about his big black dingus ruined the movie for me

the entire movie didn't need to happen. channing tatum could have killed them all when they arrived and took jjl back and spit roasted her like the good girl she is

Incredibly boring piece of pretentious shit. Just self absorbed actors having lots of useless dialogue and a director that must have been erect during the whole screening so much of his bullshit was in there.

It could have been an interesting mystery but the ending just turns it into THEY WERE ALL THE BAD GUYS THE WHOLE TIME. 3 hours of intrigue and suspicion for such a lazy and weak payoff

It should have been 1h45m

tarantula needs to control himself with the use of niggers in his movies

I didn't understand that whole bit either, I didn't like samuels character being cool with getting a blowy from another dude but as far as the cinematography goes, to me it was his best work. Especially the final scene

The worst thing about it is that it's obviously Tarantino having a public nostalgia wank
It's advertised, and all he fucking talked about in interviews, as being shot on true 70mm film. Yet the cinematography is 90% contained inside a cabin.
You've got Tarantino trying not to laugh at his oh-so-amazing dark ironic humour as he narrates and introduces each chapter.
Every character is supposed to be this western legend who's had so many great adventures, yet only about 3 of the 8 are actually fleshed out.
It's not a bad film by any means, but like all Tarantino, it's hardly a masterpiece
It's an enjoyable film but ultimately nothing special

Movie would've been a lot better if it turned out nobody i the cabin was in cahoots with Daisy. The situation just causes everyone to turn against eachother.

that would have been so much better, holy shit
and then the irony wouldn't feel so forced, fuck, why didn't this happen?

The act where you see what the outlaws did before the main protagonists arrived is unnecessary, fun, but unnecessary.
The ugly fat guy that dances in reservoir dogs is shit and does nothing.

Samuel plays Samuel from pulp fiction, that's both bad and good.

Kurt Russell acting is funky, good sometimes, meh sometimes.

The prisoner bitch is great.

Walton Goggins is GOAT

Demián Bichir is annoying le funny quirky Mexican.

Tim Roth starts awesome but turns meh by the end.

The whole black dingus thing was way too out of place and basically got two people killed by distracting them from the guy that poured the poison.
There was no reason to kill the general.
SLJ literally went nigger for no reason.

The guy under the house that blew off SLJ balls I didn't like and was pointless.

The bad guys near the end go full autism and pissed me off.

Other than that great 8.5/10

The story wasn't interesting or good enough to justify the ridiculous running time. basically 3 hours of Tarantino jacking off over his bloated dialogue. I don't know how anyone can defend his writing, like how almost every character is established by another character emphasizing their notoriety. "This guy hangs everybody!" "This guy killed those prisoners" "This guy killed THOSE prisoners". Everybody was famous and everyone knew each other.

I was disappointed how the outside snowstorm barely factored, despite six minutes of people sticking stakes in the ground. I thought there would be people getting stuck outside, people having to debate whether to let others back in... nope, everyone who seemed like a bad guy was a bad guy, and they're going to trade dank lines before some shocking violence occurs. Also if it wasn't clear we're going to spend fifteen minutes showing something you knew already happened.

Finally, the third act sucked. Endless conversations about bodies and how much they'd cost... who gives a fuck? How is the ending at all satisfying when we've watched Daisy get punched, kicked, her teeth knocked out, hit with blood vomit, shot in the foot, shot in the arm?

Tarantino is lucky that Walton Goggins, JJL and Morricone could save his ass with this bullshit

I had a lot of fun viewing this movie at the cinema, it was like playing a game of clue.

last third of the film was very weak compared to the beginning

Not much. Comfy as hell, way better than all his other 2000s/2010s garbage

>all of those faults and it still gets over an 8 by you
you honestly have incredibly low standards for film.

not enough Kino