Sup Forums is ignoring me so I'm counting on you degenerates, I'm fucking desperate

Sup Forums is ignoring me so I'm counting on you degenerates, I'm fucking desperate.

I'm close to finishing Hunter x Hunter and it really blew my mind. The characters and story are so unpredictable and complex that they always felt like real people (most of them at least). The villains are characters you can actually empathyze with, and their goals are usually understandable from their perspective. The Chimera Ant and Phantom Troupe arcs are quite simply masterpieces.
I dont want this amazing ride to end, and it has been so amazing that I fear nothing will ever compare to this. I have watched other animes and read a couple of mangas from start to finish but the emotional and philosophical depth of this anime is not even comparable to the others.
I want to experience this again, please recomend me something you think is better or comparable to Hunter x Hunter for the reasons I stated above.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8WDwBgjbRT4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Holyland, read holyland. Its good.

Tower of God
> nuff said

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Neon genesis Evangelion are widely considered to be equivalent in quality, but imo you've peaked when it comes to anime, as it sounds like you've had the same experience with the show as I have. Togashi is simply put, a genius, and studio madhouse managed to double down on his already incredibly story with excellent visuals, music and voice acting. Sorry man, but it doesn't get any better...

Thanks for the replies. I'll watch all of these and hope for the best

Continue reading the manga! I know people hate to wait around for the next chapter and trust me you will wait but it is extremely good like you mentioned

Try:

Level-E
Full ahead! Coco
Shin Angio Onshi
Sun-ken Rock

one of those might be similar for you

OP, please don't take this the wrong way, but you sound like a horrid fucking weeb.

Calm down, nigga, it's just a japanese cartoon.

The Breaker

I hadn't even watched or read any manga for like 3 years before starting with HxH. The story is really just that fucking amazing

Boku no Hero Academia may be an option if you're looking for a similar 'smart' shonen.

The first season, while enjoyable, is a little simplistic in characterisation and has rushed animation, but the characters are still likable and oh boy do they start to come into their own in the 2nd season. A little light on the philosophy though unless you heavily buy into what this guy says about it saying a big F' you to old shonen trends.
youtube.com/watch?v=8WDwBgjbRT4

YuYu Hakusho is by the same author as HxH, but I haven't seen it and don't plan to. From what I've heard the characters are very similar in abilities and personality so it seems to be a 'prototype' of HxH that Togashi got tired of. If you want to try it, it's probably great. But it might seem like a rehash of HxH

Gon becomes powerless

You should really try yuyu hakusho. Its amazing. Yes, some of the characters are reminiscent of hxh but all in all its a really good anime and a must watch

oh man. have you watched naruto yet?

goddamn sasuke is a bad ass and naruto always gets into trouble man.

orochimaru and shikamaru are my favorite characters

It had actually catched my eye for some reason, will do. Thanks

Itachi is such a cool dude too xdd

i see your trolling, but this thread man,,,,

You mean by the author who literally copied the first arc of HxH because he was so creatively bankrupt? Lol

Not reading what you wrote op but smoke some dank and watch polar bear cafe

It's not as good as HxH, but if you're looking for a longer anime with a fast-moving plot, World Trigger is pretty good.

The best throwaway joke in the show is that everyone assumes that the MC's hot mom is his older sister.

The artstyle is really catching my eye. I'll give it a try, thanks

how dare you! you don't talk that way about kubo tite
anyway, does orochimaru die? he's honestly the only character that makes sense in that cartoon

i gatchu bro check that shit
1:Hai to Gensou no Grimgar
2:Psycho-Pass
3:Parasyte
4:Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu, start pretty smooth but escalade very quickly
those anime are fucking intense

actually kek'd

add that shit to the list Tokyo ghoul

Thanks man. So many options, ill try to watch them all. I just want to experience what I experienced with HxH again

Kaiji is the real shit, Strongest Legend Kurosawa is something your brain might not be ready for, be prepared for manly feels

Compelling characters?

Cowboy Bebop
Evangelion
Tengen Toppen Gurren Lagan
One Piece
Death Note
Code Geass
Full Metal Alchemist
Trigun
Hellsing
Tokyo Ghoul
Gundam 00 Wing
Afro Samurai

lol no

Fuck that! Tokyo Ghoul started strong but it fell intoso many pitfalls common to its genre.

First problem is escalation, the ghouls get too strong so the police start egtting unfeasibly powerful, they keep trying to ramp up the power.
Also, there is only one real moral struggle, which gets completely thrown out of the fucking window by Kaneki during season 2. Couple that with unsatisfying plot twists and annoyingly obtuse government and it seems so forced

In terms of other shounen/seinen there aren't really any better. Go watch something that nails it's genre as well as hunterxhunter or watch something stupid bit entertaining. Legend of the galactic hero's is to space operas what hunterhunter is to shounen. Maybe try that.

It's all been shit since the Dirty Pair.

yeah lets hope the motherfucker wont die and continue on im not a big fan of manga
HxH is my all time favorite but the list i gave you is definitly my top10 give em all a shot you wont regret it dont forget Tokyo Ghoul

But I dont want to watch anime just for the sake of watching anime. If I can experience the same intensity of emotions from books then I'll just start to read books. So if it really just peaked, I see no reason to continue. But I honestly doubt it has, I willwatch the anime people have posted in this theead. If they really dont even compare, then bye bye

Also katanagatari has not yet been mentioned which is pretty amazing/10

about legend of blablabla, if it's so good why has it never been dubbed in english or remastered in HD, it's really hard to enjoy it subbed in 4:3

afro samurai is THE SHIT