Rap and country are both shit. Any questions?

Rap and country are both shit. Any questions?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6Nf3b52uUwQ
youtube.com/watch?v=y_uM87NTFW4
youtu.be/7y-Ipi1dnng
youtube.com/watch?v=WhLLMXMFKTk
youtube.com/watch?v=pDY6bWT5oTM
youtube.com/watch?v=UaStAAOUao8
youtu.be/3c7bISLhVl8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

People who think country is shit got that opinion from listening to taylor swift and not say Johnny cash or Merle Haggard

>country is shit
youtube.com/watch?v=6Nf3b52uUwQ

its shit because its shit

good talk

>doesn't post country

I mean, I like Johnny Cash but he probably has more turds in his discography than good songs if we're being honest.

youtube.com/watch?v=y_uM87NTFW4

>implying John Fahey isn't country

Country is lit, Brad Paisley shreds harder than many metal guitarists

youtu.be/7y-Ipi1dnng

He isn't. You're thinking of the word folk, American Folk Music, specifically American Primitive. The two of them are similar and country is a brand of folk but that doesn't necessarily mean they're the same thing. Reggae is a folk music, that doesn't mean Fahey is Reggae.

>country is shit

I like 16 Horsepower, Valerie June, gothic country, and red dirt. I also like The Underachievers, Aesop Rock, Danny Brown, and MIA.

he plays country blues

Country Blues != Country. It's called Country Blues because it came from a part of the US generally considered country, as in rural. It's not Country Music in the same way that Hank Williams Sr or Roy Acuff are.

Shit artist.

Luke Bryan is better.

Luke Bryan is plebeian even among normies user holy shit

rap is the worst genre there is.

youtube.com/watch?v=WhLLMXMFKTk

just black people talking to a repetitive beat. never got why people jerk off to rap

White guilt

Herd mentality, cultural relativism, cultural ignorance, accessibility, consumerism etc.

both are def valid. white boys who feel they need to "fit in" and feel bad for thinking rap/hip hop is garbage so they think theyre racist cuz the tv tells them they are for not liking retards like Jay Z

I listen to Johnny Cash and Hank Williams and a lot of old country I don't find bad
But I still say the only things I don't listen to are rap and country because this means that you generally like anything outside of billboard top 40

>But I still say the only things I don't listen to are rap and country because this means that you generally like anything outside of billboard top 40
In my experience it usually means you like Billboard Top 40, just the songs that don't sound too much like either genre.

this album rules

Never turn on the radio or listen to those songs and when I hear them in public I get filled with hate and contempt for mankind and I used to say it. Sometimes still do when I'm talking to a normie and don't expect a discussion on music
But I can see what you're getting at a lot of people who say that don't really mean that

pleb detected

agreed

Was that supposed to be a turd? because that was Ray Stevens tier, I'm glad that it exists.

pop country is absolutely terrible. There is good country music though

youtube.com/watch?v=pDY6bWT5oTM

Its fun, self aware, and unapologetic, it fits the kind of person who relates to the themes of country music. Johnny Cash is good country music for the same reason, it matches up with the personality of country folk. Since country music has roots in folk music it should be strongly connected with everyday people, which is where pop country falls flat

I mean, if you've spent more than a month since turning 18 in the country you've spent more time than Hank Sr or Jimmie Rodgers did as adults.

Wow, had no idea he could play like that

I like Taylor Swift and not Johnny Cash (never tried Merle Haggard). Where does that leave us?

I've heard a good amount of bluegrass that I really enjoy, but I understand that's pretty different.

classic country is great

I don't care for regular country, especially when it tries to genre-bend, but bluegrass is my shit

>country
>bad

youtube.com/watch?v=UaStAAOUao8

how bout rockgrass?
youtu.be/3c7bISLhVl8

bait, only normies say that

if you dismiss any genre you're not allowed to
listen to music

wouldn't it be metalgrass? but yeah I like a lot of those bluegrass covers

have you heard steve n seagulls? they've got a lot of bluegrassy covers

T O W N E S V A N Z A N D T

Ok mr music, since you apparently control how people feel and think

do you know how many subgenres are in each
genre??

you're closeminded to just dismiss a genre
that you havent fully listened to (and never will)

have fun a low level thinker

>you can't dismiss an entire genre because if you spend thousands of hours cherrypicking you can come up with a handful of songs you like
um, ok bruh

more like if you spend one day, which I would say is pretty reasonable for expanding your horizons
although you could do something more productive or fun instead

>you can dismiss an entire genre of music even though you have next to no experience with it
I mean, yea, it's your right to have a retarded opinion if you want.

>thinking dismissing a genre means you have no experience with it
or y'know you gave it a whirl and just didn't care for it

depends how much you care. can't expect normies to care about that