Childhood is liking Marilyn Manson. Maturity is realising that Nine Inch Nails is better...

Childhood is liking Marilyn Manson. Maturity is realising that Nine Inch Nails is better. Adulthood is coming to realise that Marilyn Manson was always superior. This is an objective fact. There's no disputing it Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1NOFSOeOBsk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They're both fags

And not being subhuman is immediately realising both are trash.

If you're older than 14 and still give a shit about either of these bands, you're a moron.

Growing up is realizing that Foetus is better than both

Then grad school must be Test Dept., Factrix, SPK, Einstürzende Neubauten, Ministry, and Godflesh, because that's where I'm at (musically and in education)

Wizened old geezer is realizing trents engineering genius and attention to detail makes him the superior

MM made deathrock-inspired nu metal with industrial sounds to try and obfuscate how bad it was. He basically made cheesy, shallow Halloween kitsch rock. Reznor was one of the best producers, composers and multi-instrumentalists of his generation, even if he was a little overly whiny. MM never would've mattered much if it hadn't been for Reznor's involvement

Manson is a better singer and lyricist. Trent is better at everything else

This is fair and accurate

I'm and

You're right, people who like Nine Inch Nails are just edgelords who don't want to admit and embrace it. Manson is better.

You actually have bad taste. I know people say that on here as an insult or to tease each other, but you legitimately do, if you think that. I'm not even saying that with any emotion behind it, I'm just stating a fact.

pleb as fuck lol

>Reznor was one of the best producers, composers and multi-instrumentalists of his generation, even if he was a little overly whiny.
He still unfortunately has shit taste.

Manson is a terrible, awful singer. Everything he does is a contrived, desperate attempt to hide the fact that he has no actual skill whatsoever.

Listened to his first 4 albums during the weekend, other than his second, I thought everything was pure edgy rubbish that doesn't give that 'hard' feel that he keeps advertising himself.

Sounds like you're crying like Trent after the millionth girl dumped him. Why don't you go write a song about it like your idol?

ITT: people who haven't listened to Marilyn Manson

He makes music for kids. It's KISS 2.0

It sounds like you base your opinion on a Whitest Kids U' Know skit.

manson is a 1 trick pony. all his shit sounds the same and he has no range. reznor is and always was superior.

Right stop shitting on Trent.

You just do things and then you die, none of it matters in the end.

All people need to do is give this album a listen. It is right up Sup Forums's alley.

90% of Sup Forums were literal babies when Manson was at the height of his popularity. They have literally no context in which to take MM's work in (or even NIN's for that matter).

Right, because his shitty Halloween rock is so complex.

I'm 28 btw

>manson is a 1 trick pony. all his shit sounds the same and he has no range. reznor is and always was superior.

fuck off you stupid faggot. i know you've never really listened to marilyn manson if you truly believe this shit.

you cannot say with a straight face that smells like children, mechanical animals, the high end of low and antichrist superstar sound 'the same' kys

You sound really defensive and upset, but to be fair, you have a lot to be insecure about as a Manson fan.

i just get triggered when people say shit that is a blatantly and obviously bullshit

wew lad

I was there. Neither Manson nor Reznor did anything that tapped into the zeigeist all that much, or that benefits from a more robust contextual understanding of the time and place in which it surfaced. Like the other guy said, it was just an MTV-friendly update on 70s schlock-rock tropes(though I would say that both Kiss and Alice Cooper at their peak had stronger tunes than Manson) and it has aged exceptionally poorly.
It made for some pretty entertaining mid-to-late 90s television though.
Manson and Reznor also pretty much single-handedly made my sister rage-quit goth fashion since she was an Anglophile 4AD/Mute Records-type goth whose favorite bands were Cocteau Twins and The Birthday Party, and once The Downward Spiral and especially Antichrist Superstar blew up with the white trash mallgoth kids in our town her personal aesthetic got tainted by association as well. That was pretty fucking funny too.

Did she have a floof?

>was an actual goth.
Good. She must have been such a cunt. I bet she smoked clove cigs too

Holy shit I couldn't possibly agree more.

"Marilyn Manson is so edgy and cool"

"Nine Inch Nails is actually smart though"

"Interesting perspective because MM is smart and pretty much all of his songs are amazing"

That was my process, anyways.

He's right, you know. (Manson, that is.)

youtube.com/watch?v=1NOFSOeOBsk

Manson is surprisingly good. Or at least was for 3 albums. I had avoided him for the longest time because I just assumed it was edgy shit with no merits. Still not as good as NIN though. Tront's music never got bad after his peak either.

fpbp

I was an adult for all of that so I don't have a sentimental connection to either, but yeah, MM is superior.
Not sure why you're squaring them off against each other, though.

Sounding this young. Ease up, kid.

>KISS
clearly you haven't listened to one or the other
that's just a silly comparison

>Kiss...had stronger tunes than Manson
clearly you haven't listened to one or the other
that's just a silly comparison

They each use make-up, other than that you guys are comparing apples and oranges. What's next, Black Sabbath versus Pink Floyd?

Said the 18 years old shitbag.

Agreed.

This

Better stick to Death Grips my friend xD

Stop posting about your sister so much like it validates your shitty opinion. So she let an artist she hates change her image. Poser

I'm 28, I served in the Peace Corps, and I'm in grad school. It sounds like you need some cream for that butthurt.

if you go single by single, manson is probably better. the way he writes; his songs stand on their own well, and he is a bit better as a performance artist and apersona. also i like manson's voice better.

reznor crafts better albums in my opinion. manson doesnt have anything as good as the downward spiral or the fragile or still or not the actual events. i enjoy and remember reznors albums more.

No, only a better singer. Trent's lyrics are more interesting

NIN is good, its heroin
Manson rocks, he's cocaine

Like them or not, who gives a shit

>implying all of his stuffs including his early career is edgy for the sake of being edgy

Sure smells of retard from this post.

Nah. I get it now. I just thought it was edgy for no purpose before I actually checked out his albums.

too bad he's a shadow of his former self. The Golden Age of Grotesque was his last good album. all of them past that I can't even listen to them. not to mention he looks like shit and is basically a fat edgelord right now