Anyone here an Uber driver? I was thinking of becoming one to make some extra cash, but I have a few questions about it

Anyone here an Uber driver? I was thinking of becoming one to make some extra cash, but I have a few questions about it.

What is the average daily take?
Do you report to someone?
Whats it like driving for Uber?
Are there any weird tax codes I need to be aware of?
Is it worth it?

I'm currently a pizza delivery guy, and enjoy the freedom of driving around. But I would like to make more money while at college.

check your local laws
Uber doesn't require you adhere to local laws or even help you learn what they are
but local governments and police require you adhere to local laws
most states you need:
>a taxi endorsement on your driver's license
>a business license
>a commercial tag for your car, which requires a more thorough and frequent safety inspection
all of that (depending on your state) will run ~$1500

and for the "those laws aren't enforced" argument
in my state they make ~50 arrests and seize property used in illegally operating a business every other month or so

also
I wouldn't be surprised to see a RICO case against Uber in the next year or so

Whats the money like? Average take per night on the weekend?

Uber recently dropped their rates and consequently what they pay their drivers
it is still decent (but not spectacular) money if you don't get legally set up as a taxi driver
but not enough to cover the annual fees
and nothing compared to the fines and loss of your car if you get caught

Assuming I get the legal stuff taken care of, would you recommend it? I live in mass and can't really find any of what you were mentioning.

8-10 hours a day means 6-700 a week. 5,6 days. It's fun but it will put wear and Tare on your car fast. I didn't file tax nothin so far. Protip don't pick up Nigger and beaners or anything at Walmart or the projects

And another tip is to drive for Lyft also. Because u ain't going to make much of you're driving for just one

I don't need shits, just sign up and drive. Upload your docs and pics of your ride 04 or newer

You're full of so much shit. Are you a trill or some taxi union shill? I drove for uber for over a year in two states and had none of that shit and paid none of those fees. And as I driver I met a ton of other drivers and never heard once about any of that that you mentioned. Gtfo

From FL. Shit it super simple. Just needed a licence, car, insurance, clean record.
BTW: great as a loop hole for a hardships liscence

lol

Faggot

NIGGER PIECE OF SHIT

Goodle uber robberies

worst get ever

very niceu rollu user-chan

Nigger

Damn. Those quints.

Fucking nigger

>I live in mass
mass passed a law last year making it legal for ride share drivers to charge
but I can't find the actual requirements or text of the law
the bill was H4049 of 2016

Nigger!!!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK THIS GET

Nice one nigger

nigger

failget

Driver here South Florida. I do it part time for the fucks of it. It's pretty cool you meet some interesting Pax, (riders) the price on what you make all depends on how much you drive and how far. I have a tip box so it balances out the fees Uber. takes

welp...the digits have spoken. Gonna be an Uber driver.

jesus nigga you rollin in it

thats prettc cool tip box desu. how often do you get tipped?

Utah is actively prosecuting Lyft/Uber drivers
lmgtfy.com/?q=salt+lake+tribune+rideshare+fines

not a taxi union shill
was looking into a few years back
but decided not to bc of the legal reasons
and bc I don't own a sedan

PS the tip jar is cool cause you have money at hand, you are your own boss, no clock off or clock on. If someone messes up or throws up in you car you can make a claim. Also, try to catch surges when you can you make extra cash. But never chase the surge. I work Thurs through sat night and I make about 100$ Per day, working about 2 to 4 hours if I grind and get to the airport. Also if you are a pizza driver look to see if Uber eats is in your area you'll quit your pizza job for sure. Good luck user!

It depends some nights I'll make 20$ some nights I'll make 50cents, when I pick up the drunks and the arrivals from the air port they tip me 3 to 5$

You always want to empty it out so people feel bad and tip you.