Original ideas

>original ideas
>Disney's Star Wars

Pick one. I literally can't believe this is real. What's next? Dark Millenium Falcon?

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/R2-Q5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't see what the problem is? Star Wars has never had a competent robotic antagonist or villain, they're always good guys or adorably incompetent mooks.

Here's to hoping Rogue One shows the Empire as efficient and cold as they were envisioned!

Do you have a problem with colorblind casting?

Of course it's black, why I'm not surprised

NIGGER'D

BIG

That same model of Astromech droid is used in the other movies as well. R2-D2 just happens to be one of them. Is it lazy? Yeah sort of, but it fits with the lore and the story. Same with C-3PO, you saw various different ones that looked the same, just different colors. No need to get upset about it.

BLACK

>it's electric zap probe is twice as long and 1.5 times as thick as R2's

BIONICS

Admit it, you just don't like it because there's a black guy.

That's not the problem though. We've seen a dozen variations of the "Imperial or Evil R2-D2". It's a little stale now. We've already seen Chopper and BT

Oh great. A robot that refuses to work and tries to blame all of his mistakes on the mexican droid.

WE

>Star Wars has never had a competent robotic antagonist or villain
>who is IT-O Interrogator
nigga was cold as ice

>Buys a franchise for 4 billion buckaroos
>Don't milk it dry to get your money's worth

Unlike you, special ed snowflake OP, Disney knows what it's doing.

Black droids
Next it will be gay stormtroopers

>Droids in the OT and PT never shared designs
>R2-D2's thing was that he was a special old droid that managed to stay relevant
>Disney Execs: "WE NEED TO SELL MORE TOYS AND WE DON'T WANT TO SPEND MONEY MAKING NEW ONES! LET'S JUST PAINT R2-D2 BLACK AND CALL IT A NEW ONE! DO IT FAST, WE HAVE TOYS TO MAKE!"

Bravo

or because once again instead of creating something new they rehash the original movies

topkek

AVAILABLE NOW AT ALL GOOD TOY RETAILERS! -Disney

>Oh great. A robot that refuses to work and tries to blame all of his mistakes on the mexican droid.

10/10

That's literally an R2 unit. Why call it C2?

but does it pick cotton?

Why wouldn't it look like R2-D2? R2 is from the republic which became the empire. It makes complete sense that it would look almost exactly the same. It's just like the each new generation of iPhone

Even being black isn't that hacky because the astrotech droid should match the color of the ship so it's not easy to target and Tie-fighters are black

Maybe I'm thinking about this to much but I'm really not seeing an issue

What are the odds that General Veers will make a cameo?

> black robot
> doing any work

pick one

I read a few issues of that Vader comic. He gets an evil C3PO and R2. They are very fun.

IT-O was cool but it was only on-screen for like a few seconds:

Nigger, just how fucking stupid are you exactly?

More like R2 dindu

over the line

They had newer models for all robots by then. Plus, that's still a R2 design. Why call it C2?

That's what protocol droids looked like in that era. R2-D2's model was already 'outdated' during Episode 3. A C2 type droid would look different.

How did Anakin know how to build a protocol droid?

Yeah, the Welfare line

Isn't the R2 model old as shit, why would this new droid look exactly like it

When do u guys think they are gonna remake the lotr movies and make Frodo black?

#droidlivesmatter

WUZ

DROOOOOOIIIDSSS N SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIT NIGGA FUCK CLICK CLACK TYRONE IS BACK ON THE STREETS SKEET SKEET MY GUN ALL OVER SOME PEEPS YA FEEL ME WOOP THERE IT IS WOOP THERE IT IS WOOP THERE IT IS

I give it 10 years.

>blaming disney for reusing astromech droids

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/R2-Q5

How does the New Order manage to have enough money to create a planet-sized Death Star, despite being the remnants of the Empire, when the Empire with all its might could only make one and a half moon-sized Death Stars?

Why are the rebels called the Resistance when the Republic is in charge of things now?

Why did they have a janitor (Finn) trooper that never shot anyone before in a critical mission with Kylo Ren?

Why does the Empire have AT-AT-like robots when they were created by Veers before Episode V, specifically to attack Hoth?

The answer is always Disney.

You sure about that count?

>still a R2 unit, not called a new character or original design
>Disney literally took a R2 unit and named it C2-B5 for no reason at all

>How does the New Order manage to have enough money to create a planet-sized Death Star, despite being the remnants of the Empire, when the Empire with all its might could only make one and a half moon-sized Death Stars?
>Why did they have a janitor (Finn) trooper that never shot anyone before in a critical mission with Kylo Ren?

autism

>Why are the rebels called the Resistance when the Republic is in charge of things now?

Republic is officially neutral to the First Order because they don't want another war. Resistance is a private army led by Princess Leia and receives some funding from sympathetic Senators within the Republic under the table. This isn't outright explained in the movie, but it's there if you pay attention to context clues.

>Why does the Empire have AT-AT-like robots when they were created by Veers before Episode V, specifically to attack Hoth?

Galactic Battlegrounds was never canon, faggot

Even worse R2 seemed to be a standard of sorts for that general style of droid. Luke even called an R5-D4 an R2 unit.

>named it C2-B5 for no reason at all

Because they don't care about the little details of the universe. The bought the property to exploit it.

If Disney is smart they will explain the AT-ATs are prototypes on a world the squad mistakingly believed would have the Death Star blueprints.

>Luke even called an R5-D4 an R2 unit.

In the first movie before hundreds of autists expanded the universe

>>Why does the Empire have AT-AT-like robots when they were created by Veers before Episode V, specifically to attack Hoth?
>Galactic Battlegrounds was never canon, faggot

I'm talking about Rogue One. They have AT-AT-like robots there.

By the way, loved how you used the "autism" cards when you couldn't find an answer in your headcanon, like the one you made up for the Resistance bullshit.

It's either an R2 or an R3. I don't even think there is a C-series astromech droid. Disney dropped the shit out of the ball here.

>I'm talking about Rogue One. They have AT-AT-like robots there.

I know. But the idea that Veers invented the AT-AT specifically for the Battle of Hoth was some EU thing that was never canon.

>headcanon, like the one you made up for the Resistance bullshit.

>The RESISTANCE, supported by the REPUBLIC
>The Republic lies to the galaxy while secretly supporting the loathsome Resistance

It's all there, you just weren't paying attention and/or you think Star Wars is space politics because you're a prequelbabby/eufag

Well Lucas sure as hell didn't change the line in any special editions, so it's gotta fit in somehow. Out of universe it's a hacky oversight typical of George. In universe that shit's gotta have some kind of excuse.

It's an astromech droid, why wouldn't the empire have them? They're incredibly useful

space syringe

I'm not that guy but the but about resistance is actually right

What was with that robot melded with the fleshy torso of a human in one of the trailer scenes?

>Rogue One's "new" droid
>it's an evil R2-D2

The bit about*

>this thread
Are we really now gonna associate anything that's black into nigger propaganda?

That droid looks pretty cool black.

The biggest problem is the name. What the fuck is a c-series droid?

There was a black R2 on the Deathstar wasn't there?

literally cultural appropriation: the droid

They were all industrial gray.

What's going on in here meatbags?

Dumbasses couldn't even study this shit and they're getting paid to do so.

This is a C2. It's a protocol droid just like every other C-series droid.

>Star Wars has never had a competent robotic antagonist or villain

You'll soon learn some respect

Fucking nerd

>hey guys, the Empire needs an evil bot
>let's make something strange and origin....
>STOP, you're an imbecile. The audience needs a sense of duality here. Make him R2-D2 but change the name and make him black instead of white.
>but sir that makes no sens...
>We have audiences to think about here. JJ did it best. We need to follow his influence.
>Y..Yes Sir!

Fuck, this shit show is only going to get worse. They're regressing to literal fucking pottery. Lucas might as well have stayed.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't R2 units considered outdated around this time period? I recall Luke mentioning how old and junkie R2 was

IG-88 COMIN' THROUGH

The one that he picked before was the shit one. R2 was basically acceptable and a normal repair bot.

WE

AW SHIT MY ROBOHUSBANDO

>C2-B5
>Setoo Befive
Setu is an Indian name. This droid is a poo in the loo.

>In universe that shit's gotta have some kind of excuse

We have stuff like this in the real world where people use catch all terms for things even when they're different. Like calling all tissues a Kleenex. Just think of it like that. Or don't think about it at all, who cares?

All I did was spend twelve seconds typing in c-series droid on google. If Disney can't even do that shit then what the fuck happened?

The one he picked before was an R4 model, newer and better. It was the obvious choice if it hadn't been malfunctioning.

Of course. I was just saying that it was actually an oversight on George's part that he didn't give a shit about even for rereleases. In universe it can easily be seen as a catch-all term. Like calling a soft drink a coke.

In my headcanon, Anakin didn't actually 'build' a droid, he just scavenged old parts and restored a protocol droid
But being like 8, in his head that counts as building it

This would've looked pretty fucking menacing in black.

Guys the empire uses opposite naming conventions than the alliance.

R=protocol droid
C=astromech
BG-4U=sabotage unit

I watched Rebels (don't ask) and I'm sure there's a black R2D2 at one point. It fights with that other droid Chopper.

Also wasn't this one in the trailer?

That unit wasn't malfunctioning. It was a Jedi.

HES BLACK BECAUSE BLACK IS THE COLOR THE BAD GUYS USE AND YOU WOULDNT KNOW THEY WERE BAD GUYS IF HE WASNT BLACK

Master Ezra I'm TOM

There are multiple C3POs in A New Hope, nigger.

>R2-D2 Black
Disney stealing ideas from anime again.

Wat wasn't a droid. More like a cyborg

>TFW I miss Lucas and his subtle kino paultry

>no HK variant

Oh man Disney what you could have had

The romance scene was revealed as well

Family guy did it first.

FUCKING DROID STOLE MY TV!

Tie-fighters were white until what ever the fuck the new empire is called changed them.

>hurr durr imperial droids never existed before Disney kikes

Yeah, but you bet your ass they weren't called C5s.

Do you think they are trying to alienate the autistic fans to make the audience more mainstream, or do they just want free press/social media exposure from this sort of argument?