Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series

New meme rules being announced in two bings on FS1 and NBCSN

Get in here la

Other urls found in this thread:

motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/nascar-cup-race-formats-to-undergo-significant-changes-for-2017-867723/
twitter.com/bobpockrass/status/823670177271136257
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reporting

here la

>new shit rules
>dumb fuck still in charge
>meme system
>""""""""""""""""""""""""cautions""""""""""""""""""""
>no carl edwards
>monster fucking energy
>cdwl will still happen

dont give a fuck anymore lads. IMSA and Indycar

what the fuck is this cancerous shit now

so the winner of a segement gets a play off point, the race winner gets five, the top ten in regular points get ten for first down to one for tenth

and this playoff point shit is all separate from the regular points

fuck this, I'm going to IndyCar. At least they make fucking sense. Hell, besides the abu double shit, F1 hasn't gone this fully retarded with points

>The chase is still a thing

motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/nascar-cup-race-formats-to-undergo-significant-changes-for-2017-867723/

Link here.

Just look at the comments. We're not the only ones who think this sport is dying.

>Regular season champion

Bretty gud

I'm not huge on awarding Stage Winners, though. That's my only complaint.

>expecting rednecks to understand all of this

kek

announce the Charlotte roval you twats

>how to fix hickcar

>add short tracks

That's it. All this points shit is just a gimmick to add drama.

The only thing that can save this train wreck of a sport now is

2 Heat races, then 1 Feature event.

That simple.

Chase is meme bullshit

I honestly like it desu

bring back dirt tracks tho

>liking the chase

The age of ARCA is now

"geee what can we possibly do to help Jr. win a championship finally since his fans are the only one's who still watch or meme sport..."

The only retarded thing Indycar does is have two double-points races: One of them being the biggest single race on the calendar, the other the last race of the season. Other than that it's about as honest as you can get.

I can't wait for 2018 to roll around though.

>Pic Related

now, and always

The age of ARCA has always been in effect

this
arca >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> nascar

can i get a cliff notes?

>Buh short tracks

Not a problem. Cookie Cutter 1.5 memers are a problem since outside of Texas, most of them are shit. Less return visits (We don't need fucking Pocono twice in the rainy season), more track variety. Put in Mid-Ohio and Road America, run the 400 at Daytona as the Road Course, run the Charlotte road course. Run Eldora as the All-Star race. Run a road track in the playoffs.

Who /ragsinabox/ here

Watkins Glen was sold out last year, Bristol had fucking empty seats, Nobody wants to go to the 4 hour snooze fest ovals anymore. Shorten those races and add a couple of road courses for fucks sake, I started watching Nascar just so I could nap on sundays.

>The only retarded thing Indycar does is have >two double-points races: One of them being the biggest single race on the calendar, the other the last race of the season. Other than that it's about as honest as you can get.

I mean, for the 500, I can see why double points, but the finale "Abu Double" always reaks of bullshit to me.

Always

>outside of Texas

OPINION DISREGARDED

honestly i'm impressed on how nascar is able to shoot themselves in the foot over and over and over again

Without looking at any notes,

>Races are divided into three stages. Points will be awarded to drivers running in the Top 10 at the end of the first two stages and points are rewarded as normal at the end of the race
>Natural breaks in races. There will be scheduled cautions at the end of the first two stages.
>Points earned in races 1-26 now count towards the playoffs (Basically, all races count again)
>Duel 150 races at Daytona now pay points
>Final race remains the same (Match race)

There's probably something I'm forgetting but that's what's sticking in my brain

>ARCA will NEVER EVER have the full season televised

100X better than NASCAR

honestly, I'm impressed that Chile even cares about our cars that only turn left

/s

I'dunno, I think it's because they usually have the finale on a road course/street circuit and want to try and make it so there's at least one race of either discipline that pays double-points?

It's bullshit either way IMO.

I always read that Brian France was the idiot and that his sister had the chops to do whatever she wanted. Seems that's turning out to be true...

>No more meme caution clock in Trucks

RIP

>Just fuck my shit up

Smokey Yunick is the original source on that. Said in his autobiography that he didn't know Bill Jr.'s kids well but had heard that Brian was a snot and Lesa was the smart one.

There's also a great story about the last time he talked to Bill Jr. that I can't remember off the top of my head, but it involved Jr. suggesting that they go and grab some pussy.

Monster Energy, So like 2 years or so Ken block and a freestyle portion will be added.

Wew.

A FUCKING KRAUT

in my case i started with cars that can turn right without crashing, then one boring sunday afternoon i watched a turn left race for the crashes and i liked

why the FUCK isn't Bowman in Jrs car? he needs to retire

Before this, what was the worst gimmick by NASCAR?

lmao wtf are they doing jesus christ just pick something and stick with itffs

1993, the last great year of nascar.

When men were men, and Jeff Gordon was a fag.

the chase is the all-time worst gimmick

the COT could also be considered as the worst gimmick

Bowman's in the car for the Shootout.

Also NASCAR is fucked once Earnhardt retires since he's the one who has all the fans (Unless Karsyn Elledge ends up being the savior)

HOW DARE YOU ALL CRITICIZE NASCAR
WHO ARE YOU TO QUESTION THEM?

hahahahahahaha hahahaha fuck NASCAR

The CoT and there's no close second. Set the sport back about 15 years.

Is there a sport more out of touch with it's fanbase than NASCAR?

>tfw the first race you went to was the last race untouched by Brian France

>outside of Texas

The NFL just moved teams out of two different cities and is about to move a third.

I know guys at NASCAR corporate and there's really no comparison to other sports in terms of emphasis on the fans and their experience. The NFL only sees fans as a vessel for improving their bottom line. They'd fuck a team's fans over if it meant they could make another penny.

You know remember Dick Trickle

I just got a volunteer job at Charlotte Motor Speedway and it looked like I picked a Hell of a time to start my career within the biz.

Also one of the last years where there was an equal amount of drivers running open-faced helmets to "Regular" ones, if I'm not mistaken.

a few hours ago it was F1 but they gor rid of Ecclestone and replaced him with Ross Brawn and 2 o other guys

so Nascar is officially the sport most out of touch with their fan base

So this is why Edwards retired, He probly got an early sample of this nonsense and NOPED the fuck outa there

Hoosier Tires Vs. Goodyear

>Final race remains the same (Match race)
Meme system but whatever, it does make an interesting end to the season
>Duel 150 races at Daytona now pay points
Were people really not watching the Duels or something?
>Points earned in races 1-26 now count towards the playoffs (Basically, all races count again)
Wait, does this mean no points reset?
>Natural breaks in races. There will be scheduled cautions at the end of the first two stages.
I'd be 100% for this if it meant no cutting away from green flag runs (at the very least green flag commercials should be side-by-side) but I'm going to bet that we see just as many commercials for the majority of each stint bar the last 15-20 laps.
>Races are divided into three stages. Points will be awarded to drivers running in the Top 10 at the end of the first two stages and points are rewarded as normal at the end of the race
I can't really say anything about this other than it will confuse an already confusing system.

fuck off redditors

That was the last year of NASCAR's "Tire War" wasn't it?

This isn't that bad, stop memeing.

The retarded "Chase" punished Truex who dominated the entire season for blowing an engine. Under these points he would have been the deserving champion.

>mfw 25 to ARCA Daytona

Also, NASCAR is considering podium celebrations for 1st, 2nd, 3rd at the end of races -- the way F1 and IndyCar do it.

From twitter

Fuck this shit, I just want to watch the 24 hours of Daytona now.

I'm okay with this. I've seen it done at lower level road course races and it's pretty neat.

Affirmative

ONLY A FEW MORE DAYS GET HYPE

Under NASCAR's new system there'll never be a caution-free race again in all three of their top series. Of course that shit is fucking retarded.

And now my sides have left orbit. WTF?

Neat.

>its Daytona
>new meme format
>green flag runs are still 55-60% commercials
>with 2 new extra breaks for more commercials

wew can't wait for the races to take 5 hours

>Truex dominated the entire season

Truex had bad luck all year, but he didn't exactly "Dominate".

I'm amazed they didn't even trial it for one year or even one race in the lower series, but then I guess thats what the caution clock was

literally what the fuck

Are Chase positions still determined by wins then championship points? So now there's
>wins
>playoff points
>championship points
to keep track of.

Should've just decided who makes chase by playoff points then championship points.

>And now my sides have left orbit. WTF?

I bet they envied that tension between Hamilton and Rosberg over that last two years on the podium in F1. Also, no one fucking watches post race coverage because it's fucking awful on FOX and NBC. Having a podium ceremony where something might fucking happen would retain viewers. Also I bet teams would lobby for it because it gives the lower teams something to aim for because air time is oxygen to them and someone like DiBurrito or Cassil landing a 3rd and getting TV time would be huge for them.

Wins still mean an automatic berth but instead of total wins it's based on points now. So you can win and still get dumped out by someone with better championship points as playoff bonus points don't activate till the Chase.

How does this benefit that son of a bitch Rob Kauffman?

After they won the first race they phoned in the season because they were in the chase. Something this format eliminates, including all of those Gibbsfags riding around in the back at Talladega.

fuck cuckolds that defend nascar

how's the shack holding up this winter, kevin?

>gimmie wasn't at the presentation
Who is ready for gwl

He made his money from the charter system that only benefited him. Charters are pretty much dead anyways since no new teams want to invest in Cup.

>First season we will see an under 40 car field in years

Can't imagine Blaney and DiBurrito will miss the cut off (GoFas got an alliance with RPM and the old RPM 44 team is folded into the GFS 32 so the car is likely going to be good instead of the shitpile Lupton limped around that cost Edwards the championship that should have been parked in the middle of the race) but there's going to be a lot of mid-season that smaller teams decide it's not worth traveling to save costs unless it's the major races.

t. le passive agressive backflip man fan

>Wins still mean an automatic berth but instead of total wins it's based on points now. So you can win and still get dumped out by someone with better championship points as playoff bonus points don't activate till the Chase.

See that just doesn't make sense to me. We have wins, championship points, and playoff points. Why not just award championship points and playoffs points throughout the season (as two separate points systems) and then have the 16 drivers with the most playoff points make the race?

The 16 chase drivers would probably be race winners (since these net the most playoff points) plus consistent runners (who would probably points race in anyway). The only time there would be a serious difference is if someone managed to net maybe one win and then they were bumped by someone netting more playoff points from consistent front running early in races.

i think he is

twitter.com/bobpockrass/status/823670177271136257
This is pretty dumb.

god damnit I thought I wasn't gonna have to make another one of these

Now I know why Edwards retired.

Edwards truly knew what was going on...

Edwards didn't quit Nascar.

Nascar quit racing completely...

Holy shit.

I get like if we went back to heats and shit but this is bullshit.

At least there is no stupid points reset like before.

I dunno... I mean the qualifying is already retarded for Daytona and Talladega.

>races are over 4 hours long
>first half of races are a boring slog
>to fix this issue, instead of shorting things by an hour, they make it longer
>adds intermissions in a goddamn car race
>also award points in a retarded game show format
>there's even a category of points called BONUS POINTS

Holy shit who thought that this is a good idea? It's goddamn racing there's no reason to be this complicated.I'm mildly triggered right now

I'm pretty sure if Edwards quit NASCAR for philosophical reasons he'd be racing somewhere else this year.

I think there was no deeper meaning behind his retirement and he just wants to raise his kids and be a farmer in Missouri.

>ITT: probable trackforum responses

Bruton Smith has a nuclear bomb buried at one of his tracks, and is attached to his pulse via a dead man's switch. Carl has inside knowledge that Bruton is sick, and is afraid that he'll expire during a race weekend and just wants to keep himself and his family away from the potential blast/fallout zone.

Why don't they just change the aero rules so whoever wrecks the least amount of times wins?

Caution clock in trucks and the 4(?) races in Xfinity that had heat races were the trials for the new race format. I'm not sure where they pulled the points system from, but it's likely it was their own ass.

Not a fan of the chase at all as having bad luck during 3 races can completely negate 26 races worth of good work. That's just dumb.

As I understand the bonus points, it seems they're just going to break each race up into 3 segments, which means each driver will have an incentive to race to the front at the end of each segment for those bonus points, and that seems like it has some potential to make for some good racing.

Regardless, the last season had some great racing, and NASCAR is till among the most competitive series in all of racing.

This should be interesting.

These new rules are dumb as shit.

This is no longer racing. I want Brian France to fucking kill himself yesterday