What's the Sup Forums equivalent to Fullmetal Alchemist 2003?

What's the Sup Forums equivalent to Fullmetal Alchemist 2003?

A high quality show that the entire demographic of this board would be watching, with very little plot nitpicks, and the backing of the top-notch budgeting.

Do we have one? In my opinion, FMA was one of those things that comes around once in a lifetime.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uFSG33Ao2Ug
youtube.com/watch?v=AsQ_wETHM-M
youtube.com/watch?v=XLNsW35trrg
youtube.com/watch?v=-h_H4g2Px-g
youtube.com/watch?v=GGRtOL-D45I
youtu.be/_UHTE1oRXnA
youtu.be/_IndSb51ESg
youtu.be/V6swyp_haZE
youtu.be/2uq34TeWEdQ
youtube.com/watch?v=St1p5nHKrN4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

robocop

if they ever make a live action full metal alchemist they could make peyton list play ed

Brotherhood >>>>>>> FMA
Both were good, but you could tell the 2003 run was going off-source pretty quick.

Brotherhood is just a more complete story with much more satisfying arcs & villains

What's the Sup Forums equivalent to Baneposting

This.

Just in case anyone didn't know though, 2003 didn't have much source material written yet. Right when they started going off the rails was about up to which the mangoes was written.

Brotherhood is incredibly better though.

>robocop
>Peyton List
Oooh, good answer and suggestion.

>Both were good, but you could tell the 2003 run was going off-source pretty quick.
Nah. If anything I would say the opposite. You can tell the manga/Brotherhood was burning out of its novelty at the intersection where the anime splits off into OC.
>Brotherhood is a more complete story
Bradley got BTHO by a last minute copout that you are supposed to believe Scar was hiding under his sleeve the entire series. In fact you can apply that to everything. Nothing ever got resolved in Brotherhood, just written out.

Shitting on Naruto probably. However, since Shonen is less relevant now, it's deemed less of a threat, so the assembly of losers who coordinate that no longer sees Naruto as the face of their greatest fear. It's now just another anime/mango series.

>A boy falls in love with a girl. Unable to confess, he is gifted with by a deus ex machina with the girl’s phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well. But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day’s confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn’t exist in this universe at all. She is the girl’s alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC’s own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush. Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.

Completely dis agree, FMA was way fucking better than brotherhood,
Brother was so corny, 1 guy wants power and will stop at nothing and it also has a happy ending. Its corny and to obvious.
FMA had way better origins for the homonculis and the ending was way better as well.
Brotherhood felt like it dragged on forever.

I watched FMAB up to ep15 and got really bored. Should i give this a chance?

Yes. Even though there's anime I like better like Eureka Seven, it is still the best anime ever when it comes to writing and composition.

They only made two mistakes, but can you blame them, when they were details that were never even addressed in Brotherhood?

Envy says he doesn't remember if he was a guy or girl at the very beginning, but eventually you find he does.

Ed's attitude changes after the first time that he kills someone. This jars with the fact that he kills someone on accident near the beginning of the show. However, they were attentive enough to detail to mention this.

I don't think this is something Brotherhood ever confronts, but I think that everyone Ed kills in that is also by accident. So I don't know if that's a point for or against the writing. Either way, the anime splits at just the right juncture and that's why it's the best.

Dude the Homunculi were shit in FMA. Izumi's son being wrath, Ed and Al's mom being sloth with the ability with water or whatever bullshit it was. Dante was a retarded character that made no sense, the human transmutations making homunculi instead of a calculated effort (what if 8 homunculi existed?!? Create another Deadly Sin?), the remains having to be present for them to die instead of their Philosopher's Stone running out of energy (souls). Fucking everything dude. FMA wasn't that good senpai.

The one thing I'll give FMA over Brotherhood is calling King Bradley "Pride" instead of "Wrath". I like the logic behind their thesis on why he'd be Pride. You could easily switch Pride and Wrath in Brotherhood and it'd all still make sense. I like Bradley called "Pride" instead of "Wrath".

>FMA wasn't that good senpai.
I apologize, I misspoke.

FMA wasn't as good as Brotherhood, that's what I mean.

>Dude the Homunculi were shit in FMA
Wrong, i like their origin story so much better. Failed human transmutations lead to it, tahts way better than some corny ass I cast away my deadly sins thing in brotherhood.
Also again the philosophers stone idea was better as well. Their were way to many and too common in brotherhood.
Plus that land of ching/china aspect was gay and lame.
And again the perfect happy ending killed it for me.
The ambigous ending of FMA was way way better than the cheese fest of brotherhood.

In FMA the homunculus could've held up the entire series on their own.

In Brotherhood they were just your average every day freaks of the week, with the chimeras, robot army, the Father(s) and all that. The lore was so disingenuous and incoherent in the manga. Like the author couldn't come up with one idea so she threw everything and the kitchen sink in. There was no sense of restraint. This becomes evident in the final two chapters when they start making Kamehamehas and stuff.

Also, I really like the fact that in the 2003 anime, Homunculus can't use alchemy. It makes sense because they're not actually humans or alive. I also like how it handles the idea of their conditional immortality based on the stones in their bodies. AND I like how Wrath can use Alchemy because of his limbs, and that that's why he's called WRATH. He's the embodiment of spite in his kind; the only one able to use alchemy like a human.

It just works.

Brotherhood feels more shonen than the first anime.

i thought the father/humonculus relationship was more poignant in brotherhood

in FMA it just felt like they were more ragtag

Jesus christ thank you. I didnt have the words to say this but yes all this is true. it just feels so much more real like theres actually something on the line in FMA. Brotherhood is just so over the top and corny i couldnt even take it seriously.

>Wrong, i like their origin story so much better. Failed human transmutations lead to it, tahts way better than some corny ass I cast away my deadly sins thing in brotherhood.
I won't argue here. I actually like both stories on their origins. I can see both ways (no homo). I won't argue here.

>Also again the philosophers stone idea was better as well. Their were way to many and too common in brotherhood.
Well I here again, I won't argue too hard. I think there shouldn't have been basically any stones outside the Homunculi. That would show just how rare it is since Father has to recycle Greed's stone into Ling or whatever that fag's name was. It would show how rare they were, but they'd still actually be rare because faggots like Kimblee couldn't just run around with 2 of them no biggie.

>Plus that land of ching/china aspect was gay and lame.
Nigga, without Chinaland we wouldn't have the qt Lan Fan. You take that back.

>And again the perfect happy ending killed it for me.
How'd FMA end? Ed got exiled to our world? Then what happened in the movie? Didn't Al go to our world too and they lived happily ever after?

>The ambigous ending of FMA
see above

>Implying this scene in the last episode of 2003 version while Chopin Etude op.10 no.3 plays isn't absolute kino
youtube.com/watch?v=uFSG33Ao2Ug

what the fuck is wrong with that Mustang, jesus

Seasons 1-4 of GOT. Even 5 and 6 are better than most other television shows out there, despite the quality dive from previous seasons.

Also, everyone in this thread who says FMA is better than brotherhood is nostalgia blind. Brotherhood is a much more complete and well told story, not to mention better animation and higher production quality in general

Only time I've cried in anime without forcing it.

Ok, there was also Xam'd's ending, but that was more muffled.

>2003 FMA
>literal fan fiction wankery
Fuck off, ask what FMA: Brotherhood of Sup Forums is.

>in FMA it just felt like they were more ragtag
Thats why its better.

>father/humonculus relationship was more poignant in brotherhood
really? It felt so manufactured, he didnt even care for them and he was all powerful which again is way too over the top.Plus he can just casually remake them over again and all that. It just felt like their was nothing hanging in the balance.
>shonen
Are you implying thats a good thing?

>qt Lan Fan
Im not a weeb so idc about that. I will say that panda was cute though.

>movie
Dont count, its a movie not apart of the actual anime. Even if it did its still better than the story book ending of brotherhood. I liked the fact that alchemey was fueled by death in our world as well. Though that was a nice touch,

However

I do like a few things about brotherhood
I though the way glutonney stomach worked was awesome
And if i remember correctly Mustang was way more powerful as well which was cool.

Literally nothing in your post is true.

GOT goes downhill after season 1 once you've realized all the characters are 2D and have one goal. In my opinion anyway. I haven't seen past s3, but I could already see writing on the wall.

>better than most other television shows out there
The wire?
Mad men?
Sapranos?
Need i go on?
>nostalgia blind
wrong

>Brotherhood is a much more complete and well told story
Crazy wrong

>ot to mention better animation and higher production quality in general
Completely irrelevant, some of the best animes are old and have poor animation. Content is far more important than how well animated it is.

>Fuck off, ask what FMA: Brotherhood of Sup Forums is.
>Literally ever caring what an attention seeking trip faggot has to say.

This is correct, Season 1 was god tier and its down hill from there. They are really phoning it in past 2 seasons. Feels like more of the same.

>he was all powerful which again is way too over the top.Plus he can just casually remake them over again and all that
Exactly. He's their Father. He is their Creator. He is their God basically. That's why it werks.

>Im not a weeb so idc about that. I will say that panda was cute though.
Come to think of it, it was just a side story. Still, I liked the characters from there so if nothing else it was just an enjoyable side plot.

>Dont count, its a movie not apart of the actual anime.
Easy, friend. Same could be said about the non-canon FMA isn't the same as the manga-canon Brotherhood. You can't have it both ways.

>Even if it did its still better than the story book ending of brotherhood.
Well that's your opinion. I won't insult you for having an opinion.

I liked the fact that alchemey was fueled by death in our world as well.
Won't lie, pretty interesting. I always wondered though, if we just genocided everyone in a short amount of time, would alchemy become like super powerful? And the opposite effect if we saved everyone?

>I though the way glutonney stomach worked was awesome
Hell yeah man. I thought that was pretty cool how they did all that too.

>And if i remember correctly Mustang was way more powerful as well which was cool.
Yeah. When Mustang killed Lust in Brotherhood, my dick was diamonds. It might be a cheap entertainment "omg badass" moments, but it was so fucking satisfying.

youtube.com/watch?v=AsQ_wETHM-M

>My friend watched both shows
>He says he likes brotherhood better
>He's starts to say why he likes brotherhood
>Everything he is saying happened in FMA and not FMAB
>He inverted the FMAs in his mind

He still said FMAB was better afterwards, He said he doesn't remember why, but it's still better.

>He is their God basically. That's why it werks
But thats exactly why it doesnt. If someone has infinite power and reloads it removes all the tension. Think GTA with cheat codes. Its fun for about 5 mins and then its ruined and boring.

>FMA isn't the same as the manga-canon Brotherhood
I dont want it both ways. I dont really care if you consider it realted to brother hood at all. Im not some purist whose taking a stand im simply saying ive seen both and i greatly prefer FMA.

I agree with the rest though.

Also, i really liked in FMA how ed went deep into Lab 5 and meat that chimara fusion, that was super freaky. And the way he re-invented that special sign.

>He said he doesn't remember why, but it's still better.
thats dumb and hes just being stubborn. Have him re watch it or something.

Fuck the movie
>Ed never gets with Winry
>Ed and Al have to personally go back to earth to close the portal, despite how earlier in the film Al could remotely control a suit of armor from the other side

>If someone has infinite power and reloads it removes all the tension. Think GTA with cheat codes.
But he only has infinite power when it comes to the Homunculi. God still rekked that faggot in the end.

> dont want it both ways. I dont really care if you consider it realted to brother hood at all. Im not some purist whose taking a stand im simply saying ive seen both and i greatly prefer FMA.
No man, I was saying, if you want to take FMA as a separate piece, you can't just ignore the movie. It takes part in that side canon. It's a direct sequel. In the end, Ed and Al ended up over here, away from everyone else and without Alchemy. I'll give you it isn't a storybook ending and see your point, but we have to agree that this is the true ending in that storyline.

>Also, i really liked in FMA how ed went deep into Lab 5 and meat that chimara fusion, that was super freaky. And the way he re-invented that special sign.
Fuck I don't even remember this part. I need to look this scene up again.

what a convoluted plot with a ridiculous premise
but yeah 2003 fma is objectively better than brotherhood so there you have it

>Sup Forums actually prefers that 2003 mess over Brotherhood.
I want this board deleted. None of the other ones think like this.

>muh perfect happy ending
The movie ending was much more appropriate to the themes of the series, not to mention realistic psychologically for the characters.

memes

Brotherhood follows the manga more but they kinda messed up the anime a bit. Skip some small things, i was annoyed that they skipped the coffin speech in the coal mine.

FMA was good though with how it created its own story halfway.

Both are good, reading the manga though. Its nice to have a longer story.

The 2003 show is a stellar example of what to do when you outpace the manga. They took what they had and went in a bold new direction, and I respect them for that.

It's the plot hole I mentioned in my second point that angers me.

>God still rekked that faggot in the end.
ya but only because of the efforts of the main characters

>but we have to agree that this is the true ending in that storyline
Ok thats fair

>I need to look this scene up again.
Definitely do, he finds that sewing life alchemist has been fused with his dog and daughter chimera. Pic related

What mess? Its way more coherent than brotherhood.

no it sucked cock
COCK
C O C K

FINDS A WAY

FMA 2003 is for edgy contrarian psuedointellectuals

Say what you want about the plot but FMA 2003 has an objectively better soundtrack and overall directing.

>Roy never marries Riza
Did they ever even bone? It's clear that each is the other's world entire.

salty

>has an objectively better soundtrack
That is the biggest lie I've ever heard on this chan.

no no
the fma brotherhood has the gayest fucking generic theme song ever and 2003 fma has the BEST soundtrack i love it for its soundtrack

YOU ARE THE PROBLEM
if you disagree

OMG
i forgot how good this shit was
youtube.com/watch?v=XLNsW35trrg

Nobody unironically dislikes Deadwood.

>edgy contrarian psuedointellectuals
Um what?

Nah, hes her emotional boyfriend. The physical boyfriend is a horse chimera.

Yes

Show got canned, they didnt go anywhere after giving a big build up and it hasnt gotten a film or a special tv to wrap it up.

Deadwood was a cocksuka

this fucking music:

youtube.com/watch?v=-h_H4g2Px-g

Are telling me The Flame Alchemist is a cuck?

They're making a movie.

>ya but only because of the efforts of the main characters
Right. So he wasn't all powerful. The main people rekked his shit and he eventually died so he didn't actually have infinite power. (although I don't want to seem hostile here, I see what you were saying. He basically seemed all powerful with his Philosopher Stone manipulation, until they all worked together to finally bring him down)

Kek, I don't even need to attach this picture, but I almost have to now. I agree this scene is cheesy as fuck. Still satisfying though, come on man.

Vince's version is really fucking good.

youtube.com/watch?v=GGRtOL-D45I

Holy fuck, you faggots are making me physically sick.

White cocksuka no gonna make movie deadwood, EVER COCKSUKA! swejjen

It's great but only part of the HBO holy trinity by default. The Wire and Sopranos are leagues better.

Goat moment courtesy of Brotherhood, the superior series in every fucking aspect
>youtu.be/_UHTE1oRXnA

I know i'm going to sound like a faggot, but i feel like the 2003 version has more "emotional appeal"

American's can't into voice acting

I prefer Mustang vs Lust, but the Envy fight is still really good.

Goat intro coming through
Dont know why, but out of all the great intros this one has always been my favorite

youtu.be/_IndSb51ESg

>It was Nazi Germany all along

nah , FMA 2003 is shit because of the fucking ending

Lust had more screentime and looked hotter in 2003

2003 > brotherhood

>Fight
Mustang and Envy is a stomp if I have ever seen one

Their mother was hotter anyway

>the energy that fuels alchemy comes from all the death in World War I in our world
It's unique, I'll give it that.

Quit spamming. There's only 24 unique posters in this thread and we've already far-established FMA 2003 is better. I guess it's true what they say, once in a blue moon. Sup Forums can have good taste.

Give me a scene in the 2003 anime that matches this.
youtu.be/V6swyp_haZE

Protip: You can't.

2003 = Patrician

Brotherhood = Pleb

Yui's is better

If I ever have a daughter, I'm naming her Riza. It's just a very pretty name.

It's cheesy as fuck.

>hurr durr

Your opinion is shit because you have no argument other than memespouting.

Surprised?
meh it just seemed so vanilla to me.
>all powerful bad guy wants world domination
>power goes to his head tries to beat god
>lesser characters work together to overcome
>we learn a life leason and bad guy looses
>fin
Its fine i just prefer the FMA ending and style way more.

feel free to stop lurking then faggot

yes

Its cool but thats all it is, just a gaudy show of power with nothing on the line.

>because of the fucking ending
Thats why its great you pleb, its unique. The happy fairytell of brotherhood is a let down.

Yes
Yes

Is Riza even an actual name?

The fact that you have to spoil the ending for Brotherhood to get a better scene out of it than 2003, only tells me how shitty it is.

It's the Hungarian form of Teresa

It didnt have to be a happy ending in 2003 but the Germany alternate universe shit is just pants on head retarded , would have been better if they just killed Ed and never made that fucking terrible movie conclusion

Conqueror of Shamballa is such shit

>People saying "BROTHERHOOD>2003 VERSION" just because

Why don't people realise both were good in their own ways

Nope
This one take cake

youtu.be/2uq34TeWEdQ

I can watch Brotherhood pretty any time but I don't think I have it in me to rewatching FMA 2003, it just seems generally inferior. Not drastically or anything, just less refined I guess. Plus no Selim as motherfucking Pride

To me the only improvement in 2003 was that Dante was a way more personalized and complex villain than Father.

youtube.com/watch?v=St1p5nHKrN4
>cheesy
You saying the perfect happy ending of brother hood ISNT cheesy???

>Germany alternate universe shit is just pants on head retarded ,
Why? The fact thats its germany is irrelevant, stop focusing on it. The point is its different.

I never said Brotherhood was bad, i said FMA was way better.
Why cant people realize reading comprehension is an important skill.

I'd also like to add that Winry is a bastardization of Wendy. The author just couldn't into English for that name.

>the uncultured swine hog

Why does the translations and dubs still call her Winry?

Oh and of course no Lust redemption arc in Brotherhood makes that version drastically inferior

Not sure how to feel about 2003 Envy vs Brotherhood Envy

Conqueror of Shambala doesn't necessarily have to be canon in order for 2003 to be complete. The movie was just for people who wanted more resolution. Every plotline was wrapped up except the Envy dragon thing (which was a reference to the tattoo).

It may not have had as much "closure" as Brotherhood, but who the hell cares. Brotherhood is principally awful and everything leading up to that ending is.

The reason you think the Germany ending is "shit" is because you've never stopped to consider how much better it is than Brotherhood's which doesn't have an good explanation for alchemy, so your knee-jerk sensibilities overrule any margin of logic you can muster.

Because they're not. Only 2003 is. Brotherhood is Star Wars prequel tier. Which is no surprise since the author is a massive fan of everything SW.

Not a weeb that only prefers subbed but goddamn this dub is bad.

>Plus no Selim as motherfucking Pride
ya thats good.
The furher as pride makes WAY more sense.

Go fuck yourself. You don't know quality when you see it.

>different means its good by default
I could make the finale to a TV show being nothing but a 40 minute shot of a pile of shit and that would be different

I think the author just kind of rolled with it and made it her official name, not just a translation error.

>I don't think I have it in me to rewatching FMA 2003,

That's not necessarily a good or bad thing.

2003 anime is deeper and therefore harder to jump into arbitrarily. Brotherhood is more action-based so you can throw out the story in favor of cheap thrills. I can relate to this sentiment. However, I can still watch 2003. It's just a matter of doing something, not how you do it.

The Wire is shit and a good portion of Sup Forums agrees. It's "dude black people aren't irredeemable animals and post 9/11 america is crazy lmaoooooo"

Well I think so

Never said that you said that, just that some people echo that Brotherhood is superior just because

>It's "dude black people aren't irredeemable animals and post 9/11 america is crazy lmaoooooo"
You have to go back.

They say it because Brotherhood IS superior.