So regardless of what happens in 2 weeks the '10s are pretty much guaranteed to be the patriots now, right?

so regardless of what happens in 2 weeks the '10s are pretty much guaranteed to be the patriots now, right?

>played in 3 of the last 6 sbs
>played in all 6 of the last 6 afccgs
>10-6 postseason record
>89-23 regular season
>haven't finished worse than 12-4 this decade

maaaybe a team with some early decade success could go back-to-back or 2/3 to steal the '10s from them, but i feel like it would be too little too late, like how the 90s cowboys

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6P3AG8vismQ
teamrankings.com/nfl/trend/win_trends/non_division?range=yearly_since_2011
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yep,Patriots these past two decades are unbeatable almost.

>3 of the last 6
You need more than 50% I'd say, and if the Pats don't win next week, that's the end of it.

Which of those teams have more than 50%?

but the 6/6 conference championship appearances pretty much seals it I think. They might as well just rename the trophy after the patriots at this point

>one owl

No

so what team do you think will be called the "team of the '10s" 15 years from now?

The belichick Trophy has a nice ring to it

Nobody else has more than 1 either

Instead of the Lamar Hunt Trophy, it should be the Bill Belichick's hoodie and all the players get to wear it around the field while they celebrate.

That means it's not locked up. Most owls in the decade gets team of the decade status.

its not guaranteed yet, if the broncos won the owl in 2017, 2018, and 2019 they'd be the team.

pats are the front runner but they didnt clinch it yet

Falcons win the next 3.

>browns become the first team in history to win three in a row and the team of the decade
CAP THIS, you'll probably never have to use this

Tough to say if there has been one standout of this decade. Not every sport has a constant dynasty.

If the Pats don't win another Owl before 2020, can we even say it's them? Or would we just say the team that makes the playoffs/Owl most often regardless of wins.

Pats in the lead, Seahawks 2nd place, then Cowboys/Falcons if they can keep winning 12+ games every year (which I doubt).

>all the broncos have to do to dethrone the pats is something that's never been done before

probably.

if the Pats win then yes

otherwise it will be for grabs

if no multi time champs in 10's, then I'd give it to the Pats on account of their consecutive deep playoff runs

>Tough to say if there has been one standout of this decade.
no, not really. pats have been consistently top-tier every year. no one else has been close. they're "the team to beat", so until that changes they're the team of the decade.

Let's see

>Saints
>Packers
>Giants
>Ravens
>Shehawks
>Pats
>Broncos

'00s: pats x3
'90s: cowgirls x3
'80s: SF x3
'70s: Steelers x3
'60s: Packers x2 (but only 3 SBs)

At this rate no team will win 3 this decade. So maybe it should simply be left empty.

>Saints
Is it possible? or will the suffering never end.

their cap problems are hitting them harder than Hurricane Katarina

Saints were 09

im not saying it will happen im just saying the pats havent clinched yet

like right now miami heat would be the nba team of the decade but warriors will probably pass them

Seahawks fan here. Hate the Pats and hope the falcons run a train on them but there is no refuting the patriots as the powerhouse team of the last 10 years.

Name a better team retard

packers won 5 world championships in the sixties

If Patriots win this year they're in the lead for the 10's and will be the Patriots unless a team 3 peats to close out the decade.

Fuck off. LOB own this decade.

So sick of New England and their spoiled cunt fanbase. Die in a fire please.

if the ravens won another would they really be considered the team of the decade?

You're counting wrong, it goes by the season they were champion of, not the date of the championship game.

That's why this upcoming Super Bowl is going to be the 2016 Super Bowl.

The Saints are the 09 Super Bowl winner.

yes. seattle is the only other team that could possibly take over this decade

If they can make it to the NFCCG 2 out of the next 3 years, I'mma say yes.

Not being a homer, just pointing out that Tom Brady is 39, the exact same age as Kanye and Donald Trump Jr.

Lmao

Oh ok then my bad. So we've got 4 more owls this decade, that's pretty cool maybe there will be a clear dynasty by then.

No team this decade will win three Super Bowls. We are living in the era of parity even with Brady and the Patriots.

steelers, broncos and green bay also have a chance.

hell, so does atlanta if they shred new england this year, make deep playoff runs the next 3 years, win at least one more ring, and ne starts to decline; a beat the king to be the king kinda thing
>imblying nfcs teams can be good 2 years in a row

Broncos and Green Bay would need to win two owls this decade for that to happen and the Steelers would need to win 3 since they haven't won one this decade. Of the three, I'd say Green Bay has the best chance since the Broncos window has pretty much closed and Ben will likely retire in the next couple of years.

That's more on the Jets/Dolphins/Bills all being awful. 3 combined winning seasons over 6 years gives the Pats 6 games against winning teams over a 36 game span head start.

say the pats win one more...

then seahawks only have to win 2 out of 18/19/20 super bowls. I think they have a decent shot at it

>1 ring
No.
How about NOBODY claims this decade, yet?
Fuck off with your AFCCG

Sure is no parity in here

Better question is what's the tiebreaker if/when multiple teams end up on 2 owls each? Or is it just left blank?

The Patriots have literally won 12+ games a season every season this decade and have gone to every AFC championship game this decade.

It's the Pats dude. Sorry.

And they've never had less than 12 wins in this decade and they've been to every AFC championship game in the decade.

Pats are definitely in the lead, followed by the Seahawks and then the Broncos.

Pats are about to win 2 and they are clearly the most complete team in the NFL right now.

It's only 2017, but the Patriots are the frontrunners. Other contenders include the Broncos and Seahawks.

I'm counting on you

Oops, didn't see your post.

>consistently crush everyone
>play most of your games in your division
>consistently crush the rest of your division down to the bottom of the NFL
>"bawww they are only playing losers"

Bitch the Patriots MADE them losers. Feel free to petition to have the Rams swapped into the AFC East; I'm sure the Dolphins would take you up on it.

>'50s
>only two clear choices
>cleveland browns
>detroit lions

wat

>left blank
not how it works. this isn't an objective formula, just how people will talk about teams a decade or two down the road

>tie breaker
whoever dominated the most and had the most consistant success. i'd say the team averaging nearly 13 wins a season has a pretty good head start. even if another team surges to end the decade with 2+ rings they'll have a hard time taking it from new england since they've been the team to beat for so long and no one's even come close to demonstrating their level of sustained success. their carry over from ruling the 00s is a huge factor. most other teams would be too little too late to try to take it now.

1. Patriots
2. Seahawks
3. Broncos
4. Packers
5. Ravens
6. Giants

It's been a weird decade, no team has repeated a championship so far.

Even if the Pats win, Packers, Ravens, Seahawks, Broncos or Giants could nab the next two championships and take that title away from them.

Of course, given the Pats consistency, it's more likely that they will win another one before any of the teams I mentioned.

>nobody calling the seahawks xeahawks or seatrannies
getting tired of this neo-Sup Forums reddit bullshit

Seahawks are fading into obscurity, no need to mock them, all their fans went back to lellit

>then seahawks only have to win 2 out of 18/19/20 super bowls. I think they have a decent shot at it

us12 detected

>being a fan of any nfc west team
lel no

name the last NFC team to reach the owl back to back

>mexico

pablo pls, at least I'm still here

At the taco hut?

>tfw Packers started off the 10's hot as fuck
>underwhelmed year after year

where did it all go so wrong

>'80s: SF x3
they won 4 in the 80s
their 5th was in 1994

haven't you been deported yet?

Right around this point:

youtube.com/watch?v=6P3AG8vismQ

I'm white.

49ers had 4 owl winning season in the 80s
81, 84, 88, 89

BTFO

>literally 0-3 vs pey pey this decade
feels good to know the true goat

Sure, Pedrito.

>the era of Bears dominance 2019-2031 is upon us
what a time to be alive

>

Why don't you leave it to the team that made 4 consecutive Owl appearances?
Bills draft Dashaun Watson and go on a tear the likes of which we have never seen.

Hey Juan I'll take 2 tacos and some churros. Gracias.

More like Legion of Whom? when Earl Thomas is hurt. Plus you've been to fewer Owls than the Pats this decade, lost to them IN the Owl, and if you point out some bullshit that you would have won but for injuries, then I'm awarding the Pats an Owl for 2011, 2013, 2015, and giving them this year's Owl even if the Falcons beat them.

10 minit reddy

>>Pats shit on AFCE
>>Fans and owners demand heads, fire coaches and trade players
>>Lack of stability in coaching and organizational positions as well as ill-conceived silver bullet contracts lead to more getting #rekt by the Patriots
>>Patriots domination restarts cycle of firings
>>Instability continues

Of course the Pats have an easy schedule. Their success literally makes other teams worse.

So if either one of the following teams wins an 'owl (assuming only one does) before 2020 they will be the team of the decade?
>Pats
>Packs
>Broncos
>Giants
>Ravens
>Seafags

yeah the patriots take the 10s

>patriots win 1 more and it's theirs
>if they don't win another and seahawks, steelers, packers or broncos win 2 more and it's theirs
>atlanta hammers new england in 2 weeks, stays strong the next 3 years, and wins one more and it's theirs
>giants and ravens have been too inconsistant since their rings, 2 now would be too little too late (see 98/99 broncos), must threepeat
>all other teams must also threepeat

>cheaters
>00's

It went wrong when they decided to continue to play '80s-era, Lebeau-style zone defenses.

the packers play straight up man to man most of the time which is why their shitty corners get burnt so much

When the Cowboys B2B the next two years how will that affect it though?

see the last point here >implying 6-10 sophmore slump isn't incoming

>Tough to say if there has been one standout of this decade.

lmao how fucking retarded can you get

>>if they don't win another and seahawks, steelers, packers or broncos win 2 more and it's theirs
they only need 1 more faggot

This is the end of the debate right here.

Also this.

09-10 season, sb happened in 10

its still the 2009 season retard

its actually pretty easy to determine if your claim is true, and it's not

teamrankings.com/nfl/trend/win_trends/non_division?range=yearly_since_2011

buffalo, miami and the jets all have losing records outside of their division since 2011.

that's not a counter the point, its actually making the point.

I agree with you, but the poster you are responding to apparently prefers to count Super Bowl XXIV with the 90's because it was played in calendar year 1990, even though it was the ending of the 1989 season.

Same way with the '79 Steelers as he only counts 3 for them in the 70's.

It's sometime referred to as the year in which the season started, sometimes hyphenated, pic related (that's an NFL-created image). It literally occurs in both years, and for the original purpose of this discussion, would absolutely warrant consideration.

please apologize for calling other people retards while you were being one yourself.

>2010
won owl
>2011
eli autism, starters rested 2 weeks instead of just the bye week and Rodgers admitted it was a huge mistake
>2012
dom capers has no idea how to deal with kaepernick, offense put up 31 but 49ers scored 45
>2013
see 2012
>2014
FUCK brandon bostick
>2015
played a pretty good game and lost in OT in arizona because Fitz is pretty good and covering him is pretty unnecessary don't you think
>2016
playing against the best offense in the league with lmaonosecondary on a day when the offense struggled

Holy excuses batman