Should I? Is it worth it?

Should I? Is it worth it?

On PC it is

Have u even tried it on ps4??

bump, curious

It's worth it if you're into completely repetitive gameplay and the thought of trade routes, mining, exploring, or being a glorified taxi driver excites you.

I liked it, but then again, I'm one of those weird fucks that enjoys truck simulator...

Meh, it's okay.

if youre serious about it, and you get into a clan and go full Powerplay mode and shit, it's actually really nice
also Exploring/Mining is okay. can get repetitive at times, but if in a clan with regular squads, its really fun

What about battles? Like shooting other spaceships and stuff? Can u do that aswell?

like final fantasy 13?

>trade routes, mining, exploring, or being a glorified taxi driver

Wtf do u mean "like FF13"??

Yes

You can, but you have to work your ass off to get some cash at the start to afford better weapons and shields. If you go to a contested zone, or even after a single bounty, you will quickly have your ass handed to you.

A recent update added in large multicrew ships, which i assume will make it more exciting. I haven't toyed with these yet.

you have shit ton of npc ships, friendly or hostile, and sometimes (in high combat zones) other players
there can be huge battles

Thing is my brother is on his way to buy it right now and he also wants me to buy it so we can together because he says it'll be more fun that way. but I don't know..Maybe I'll just wait and see what he thinks before buying it. no man sky fucked me up

Tbh keyboard controls are pretty shit to play with, I bought a cheap joystick and throttle combo for the serious immersion and had oodles of fun. If you are gunna get it, go big and get a joystick. Or at the very least a controller.

Okay. Imagine NMS with all the suck taken out of it and replaced with awesomeness.

That's Elite.

no mans sky was a really bad decision
ED is really good compared to that
i would recommend you get it too, cause playing in squads makes your life easier, and it's alot more fun, trust me

Why not just play it on Playstation?

I play on PC with a HOTAS. It's not a game for everyone but those who love it love it. I'm the last year I've put like 800hours in it

All these dubs

I've been playing it on and off on pc since release. Its at a pretty good state right now. It's nothing like nms so don't worry about that. But it is very mich a cockpit sim game. Incredible if that's what you like but boring if its not. There's a steep difficulty curve now since the npc AI got buffed so making money with combat will be hard early on.

Its very much a self driven experience. The game won't give you any guides or hold your hand. And you will have to use a lot of third party sites and tools to git gud. Coriolic, eddb and inara are all great resources. Working your way up to an awesome ship and kitting it out can be incredibly rewarding.

its like having a job, but without the benefit of a salary. don't do it OP

How does a hotas feel? I'm only using an xbone controller and it's meh.

this.
can only judge about the PC version. it is.

Why a PS4 version? Does the PS4 have a joystick/throttle?

It's engaging, there are some issues with server availability IMHO. I like the game overall, but it is somewhat boring and repetitive. Get a ship that can hold a fighter bay and hire a pilot. I haven't been successfully interdicted or attacked since I equipped my Keelback with a fighter and pilot. Generally you're flying a space truck. Which is not always so fascinating.

Have it on both - PS4 version is the same game, controls are generally easier than PC and all the key bindings. You can't talk to your ship tho.

Ive been playing it heavily for the past 3 months on pc.
Fun as hell zooming around in a heavily modded clipper with a joystick and vive VR

>You can't talk to your ship tho.

Nigger has voice control?

I bought it during the Steam sale. As a coop game its horrible. I would of had to farm for a few hours to get to my brothers location in game.
In my opinion is a huge game that really lacks the elements that makes a video game a video game.

It seems half the people who buy it are really super into it and the other half at super dissapointed. Like there is no inbetween.

>PS4
>playing elite with a controller

You're gonna get rekt by the PC players using mouse and keyboard or a HOTAS.
But yes, it's a fucking great game. Combat is fucking awesome. The only downside is long travel routes that can get boring. Make sure you get the DLC as well.

again

NEVER fly an expensive ship without enough money for the insurance. You can literally lose everything and will have to start from scratch.

Get it, playing with a bro is the best way to play. You'll go through the beginning of the game together and get hooked. You can start bounty hunting as soon as you start playing if you want. It's nothing like NMS, in elite you have intimate control over your ship. Only downside is traveling long distances in elite is... Soul crushing.

Kek I'm this Clicked the wrong post.

Is it as bad as no mans sky?

Yeah it's a super-fun game. Really sucks you in. Has a lot of depth

The current community event is essentially a giant PVP zone at this point. I got into the top 25% in the first day and I’m pretty sure I’m going to stay there purely because there only are about 12 people with ships good enough to survive the interdiction shitfest (my poor Asp Explorer is not one of them).

It's a completely different game.

In Elite you can do all fuck tons of things. In the end it's pretty much "Get rich of die trying". Lots of pew pew.

Also be prepared for the first time when you barely escape a battle with a broken windshield and suffocate to death while trying to get back into a station. Fuck that..

Nothing will ever be as bad as no mans sky. Elite Dangerous is actually a good game.

The only thing these two games have in common is a giant Galaxy to explore. The ONLY thing. NMS isn't even a flight simulator.

I got a ps4 just to play nms, very dissatisfied, it was shite

Boy you got hit hard my the hype train. PS4 is still worth having though

>Why a PS4 version?
They were hoping to build a playerbase consisting of something other than forumdads

>Does the PS4 have a joystick/throttle?
There's always a HOTAS somewhere, people gotta have their jetplane games

I wish there was sound so much

I got the Ps3 version of that (and use it on pc).
A very good product for the cheap price but of course everything is made out of plastic.

Fuck me ,, keking my ass off ..

I'd have let the whale get in and suck my cock

I wish we could hear what was being said

www dailystar co uk/news/latest-news/567073/naked-woman-dragged-along-road-after-diving-on-pickup-truck

I got you anons

What is the progression like? If I like games such as Diablo/borderlands loot systems?

Be ready to do the exact same trade route until you can afford a decent ship with good hardpoints to start fighting, only to realize that fighting only nets you 10% of what trading does, then go back to trading.