Ask an Atheist anything

Ask an Atheist anything

> no fucking christians allowed

Why did you capitalize atheist?

Why do atheists try so fucking hard to out-douchebag Christians? Atheists and Christians are the two most annoying groups of motherfuckers alive.

>Atheists and Christians are the two most annoying groups of motherfuckers alive.
Nah man, it gets way worse. Muslims, 'agnostics', spiritualists, Scientologists, Moonies, etc.

>Moonie

What the fuck is a moonie

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little shit? Ill have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and Ive been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and Im the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. Youre fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and thats just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little clever comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldnt, you didnt, and now youre paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. Youre fucking dead, kiddo.

A member of the Unification Church. If you've seen cult stereotypes in movies (we love you, come live on the compound), that's basically what they are.

Kek

Why do you choose to believe there isn't a god?

This pasta is old and crusty

I hate all people in the US military. To me the are the worst.

Love the Bible

I'm more educated than you, in every way shape and form. Also more intelligent than you (exponentially so). I am better than you, in every facet of life, and I don't even know you, however, I just know, that I am. Also, we aren't bro's. If anything, you are someone I assign less value and worth than my own feces. Your life has no value, and you will make no contribution to this world, in your entire life, because of your low intelligence, and lack of skills. How does that feel, you fucking bottom denominator. go back to you vegan subreddit to fill your useless void of a life, pretending it means anything. Am I a narcissist? I don't know, I am a fucking God. I will, do, and have succeeded in every facet of life. I have done more, in this year alone, than you will have achieved before you leave this world... let that sink in. You have no fucking clue who you are talking to. I am so vastly superior, and intelligent, that I can infer all of this, with 100% accuracy. You are like a fucking ant, and I am a GOD. You do not even fly on my radar, let alone get acknowledgement, from the likes of me. I know you can sense my superiority, my power, my intelligence,and you are trying to pretend you don't feel it, its real. To conclude, go back to fucking yourself, you meaningless water-trash bottom feeding peasant.

>Ask an Atheist anything

Who the fuck cares?

dubs checked OP fucking answer it you piece of shit.

>I am better than you
okay

Astounding! You have managed to expend effort creating a non-random string of characters which usually convey meaning, yet your overall comment was ABSOLUTELY POINTLESS! It is as though all of the industries of mankind were operated in reverse, with great will and endeavor being used to convert items of usefulness into worthless bare materials! you are the antithesis of all that is grand and great about mankinds capacity for thought and self-determination. You sir, are the mirror image of a meaningful entity, lower than base matter, lower than oblivion, because unlike the brutish deterministic plasma of the unreasoning cosmos, you CHOSE to be without value or worth. Or in the parlance of thine own ilk: LOL N0 UR GAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!11ONE!!!!!ELEVENTY!!!!11!

You're to new to recognize a troll thread kys.

Hint: OP already abandoned thread.

Like OPs scalp.
Disgusting.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Christian here. Why so intolerant? I would welcome you into any threads I make.

Did you ever thought that rejecting definetely the existence of a supreme entity is as stupid as believing that there is a true god?

Christians are welcoming until you start asking too many questions.

If you so secure in your convictions, why no Christians allowed?

have you ever heard of head & shoulders?

Athiests by definition are outspoken.

If they weren't, most would likely be agnostic (since many athiests express they cant be 100% sure about their stance) and you would barely hear from them.

Most outspoken atheists are agnostic and vice-versa.

>being so showy to expose yourself as antheist for no fucking reason.
C'mon, user, as an atheist, I don't see the point in doing this.
No, agnostic fuckers are only indecisive and coward retards who think that just because they can't say with sure that god doesn't exist, no progress or discussion should be made.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class at high school, and I’ve been involved in numerous /r/atheism frontpage posts, and I have over 300 confirmed facebook debate wins. I am trained in theology and I’m the top debater on this entire website. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of atheists across the Scandinavian peninsula and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can convince you that god doesn't exist in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare intellect. Not only am I extensively trained in debate, but I have access to the entire arsenal of my local library and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of this website, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, skytard.

Who shaves the barber who lives in a city where nobody shaves themselves by themselves?

newfag detected

The other barber.

Atheism exists thanks to religion. Religion is a natural psychological movement, it is an exercise in imagination and a way to deal with the world around you. All cultures came up with some sort of explanation: From one eyed gods that will carry own till Ragnarok, to beard man that is the son of a virgin woman.
Atheism is just counter culture...Atheism is not much more than something like feminism.

People have not believed in gods longer than they've believed in gods, unless you think that animals believe in gods as well.

Agnostic here, no one gives enough of a shit about what atheists think to devine the will to ask you anything interesting because well, there's nothing interesting about being whatever you're calling yourself this week, atheist, satanist, faggot, etc. But what the hell, I also wonder why you capitalize the word atheist. And why don't you like agnostics?

burden of proof.

YOU NEED JESUS,YOU FAGGOT OF AN OP

why aren't christ fags allowed to ask you questions? are you a chicken?

If non-human animals do not believe in gods and humans are descended from non-human animals, then our ancestors did not believe in gods if you go back far enough.

JOIN ME
OR I'LL SLAP YOU WITH A FIS, YOU FAGGOT

What proof do you have that humans descended from non-human animals? Furthermore, I'm wondering how that even makes sense to you. Basically, you sound retarded. I'm having difficulty reconciling your stupidity.

What is your fav bible verse?

Welp, you're either a troll or a retard. Either way, there's no point talking to you.

Okay Christfag if you are so welcoming, why is God not? Why must i be damned for believing in what i believe in and not believing what he wants me to believe?

I have you beat on the facebook debates you normie fagit Your theology training proves
nothing other than a willingness to speculate and admit you know nothing while pretending
to know everything. You act like hard cider
but you're just a soft little apple.

I think deep down inside, all you need is a hug, I would hug you, if you didn't scream
of red flags and cheap booze...

We don't understand our brains and we don't know how to translate what animals think or say in a way that makes sense to us...it is based on interpretation, and yet you talk about animals as a inferior creatures. Easy point is, at this point in space and time, if evolution if to be taken into consideration, we coexist with dolphins and cats and monkeys...evolution wise, we are coexisting and add worst, we devote time to them, we trade food and shelter for services and we need them...for food and some people even trade food and shelter for emotional support (aka dogs and cats for example, we give them a comfy life and they give us attention.)
As far as culture goes, writing and any form of civilization...we have devoted time to wonder about Gods...Atheists do it too, they just try to prove that they don't exist...like a Marvel fanboy that says DC comics is shit.
Take my bait user...i'm the fisherman.

>take my bait user
>yet you talk about animals as a inferior creatures
Where did I do that?

When you assumed that they don't have a God.
Assumption based on the fact that they don't build churches and don't pray like we do...
Taking into consideration the fact that we don't understand what they are even saying when they howl or bark or chirp.

Hey op, you gonna answer my goddamn questions, faggot?

How does assuming that they don't have a god make them inferior? It just makes them different in one aspect.

Of course not, that would require you to rationalize your autism. I don't think you're capable of doing that.

Can you see properly?

here.
You see..i'm aware of my grammar mistakes, but really, you're trying to turn around a table that doesn't exist here.
If that is not you...sorry, hive mind is too strong for you to be able to have a personality strong enough to deal with anonymity.

at least thay don't blow up other people

'No Christians allowed' lol. that isn't the way reality works. you really are a fool.

>you're trying to turn around a table that doesn't exist here.
How so?
>If that is not you
It is me. How am I assuming that animals are inferior?

Sir do you have a moment to talk about your lord and savior Jesus Christ

no trolling allowed, this serious

I fucking hate how agnostics think their position is superior, acting like tgey have the moral high ground

when do you think the reptruers coming

whats with the fuckin' dandruff my dude?

You are quite dense aren't you?
See...the point is, if you take that animals don't believe...if you really base your argument on an empty space like that. You are doing something known as "implying". My answer was "burden of proof.". Since you're just here to waste time the same way a preacher does from your perspective when he talks about morality based on the bible.
I'm not giving you answers that can help you, i'm not offering you a chance here...i'm just baiting you into keep your perspective, in a way, i'm testing your faith on Atheism...and you are just accepting that and taking the bait.
I am amused as fuck.

Why do aethist still use Christian traditions? Getting married in a church, funeral service, Christmas and Easter, say bless you when some one sneezes? Isn't the point not to do that?

>You are quite dense aren't you?
Am I?
>if you take that animals don't believe
There's no evidence that they do, but we can go even further if you like.
>My answer was "burden of proof."
For instance, animals evolved from non-animal organisms. If you go back far enough, you reach a point where life is physically incapable of thought.
>i'm testing your faith on Atheism
What does this mean?
>I am amused as fuck.
As am I.

Edgy cuck with a capital A to the theist.

Why don't you want to debate with christfags? You do understand that if you seal yourself in a echo chamber of likeminded fucks, you are as pathetic as christfags?

do u even know what agnostics are lul... they essentially stand between the positions, how can they claim moral high ground, r u retard m8? or is agnosticism in murica just as fucked as anything else loosely tied to any ideology thing?

You like what i'm doing here?

explain why you aren't agnostic and where you find proof there is no god.

I'll fucking wait.

Sure, it's fun for me.

Hint: atheism and agnosticism aren't mutually exclusive.

Atheism means you don't believe in gods.
Agnosticism means you don't know whether or not there are gods.

it is as an agnostics last answer to the question if there is a god is: i dont know
atheists say: no

You all the people that come to my church.
I am a priest user...and do this shit every day with teens around here.
I watch tv and i have a nice time listening to music and using youtube...fuck, i even play games!
user, you are the kind of guy that be inside my church each Sunday.
But hey, i will give you this: You take religion as a lie, but remember, some people can use it to do good and the weak may rely on that...it can help as much as Atheism.
Have a nice day user, and God bless you.

the large difference being that agnostics refrain from making a decision without evidence to prove for or against god. Atheists just decided there was no god because they didn't believe in one. There's no proof either way, leading me to believe agnostics have a superior and much more logical view of the issue

The question is: "Do you believe in a god?"
Theists say yes.
Atheists say no.
If you say "I don't know" to this question then you either didn't understand the question or don't know your own mind.

>You all the people that come to my church.
?
>I am a priest user...and do this shit every day with teens around here.
k
>I watch tv and i have a nice time listening to music and using youtube...fuck, i even play games!
Sounds nice.
>user, you are the kind of guy that be inside my church each Sunday.
I can count the number of times I've been in a church other than for weddings, funerals, etc. on one hand.
>some people can use it to do good
Others use it to do evil. Regardless, I'm interested in truth.
>it can help as much as Atheism
Atheism doesn't "help", it just doesn't hurt. The helping part comes from things like secular humanism.
>Have a nice day user
Thanks, you too.
>God bless you.
Gesundheit

>I am amused as fuck.

Hahaha fuck that made me laugh. What a pathetic character.

No decision is necessary to be an atheist. One does not have to decide there is no god to be an atheist.

Hi, agnostic here. I've spent a lot of time trying to decide between religion and atheism, and my question to you, someone who has decided, is what evidence is there that drives you to atheism?

or you understand the limitations of the mind.

you'd need evidence for or against to make a valid conclusion.

I don't base my beliefs in "feeling like things exist or not" I prefer facts.

since there are no facts in this argument for or against god, no conclusion is reached. this leads to agnostic outlook.

learn your own limitations user, stop seeing things as black and white. you're easily divided, misled, and preyed upon that way. not just religiously, but socially, and economically as well

cheers cunts

Why Do you look like a normal pedophile n not a Emo pedophile now?

>you'd need evidence for or against to make a valid conclusion.
You have a default. You either believe something or you do not. A or not A. For this to not be the case, logic must be false.
>I don't base my beliefs in "feeling like things exist or not" I prefer facts.
>since there are no facts in this argument for or against god, no conclusion is reached.
Good, then you are an atheist since you do not believe in a god.
>stop seeing things as black and white
It's literally binary. It's logically impossible to neither believe in a god nor not believe in a god.

op isa fagot

did somebody say spiderman thread

so by using logic you believe anything that you decide to "believe" without any sort of evidence, facts, or reasoning? that doesn't sound very well reasoned, but you're the king of fucking logic m8.

What???? So ask me anything as long as you agree with me OR any religion allowed EXCEPT Christians? Little boy with hurt feeling and inferiority complex detected.

>it's literally binary
no it is not. Take for example the whole Schrodinger's cat thing. There are only two possible states the cat can be in, dead or not dead, yet because until the outcome is actually observed, the state of the cat is in a weird state of flux, and in all discussion of the cat, there is a third option that must be the basis of discussion, and that is that the cat is both dead and alive and neither at the same time. Until we observe evidence for or against the existence of God we must be in that same state of flux. I take this time to remind you that absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

>so by using logic you believe anything that you decide to "believe" without any sort of evidence, facts, or reasoning?
Nope. Try reading what I said again. You either believe something or you do not believe it. Note that not believing something is not equivalent to believing the negation.
>you're the king of fucking logic m8.
Relative to you it appears so. I at least understand the logical absolutes.

perhaps the answer to the question do you believe in god is binary. it is a yes or no question. agnostics just choose not to answer since there is no valid choice

Yikes, I don't think you understand the purpose of the Schrodinger's cat thought experiment. It was used as an objection to a particular interpretation of quantum mechanics.

You either believe in a god or you do not. It's impossible to do both simultaneously, and you reject all logic if you say otherwise.

That's more about tradition though. for example many aspects if Xmas and Easter are taken from pagen holidays.

>logical absolutes
logical statements that depend on evidence that is not available are not absolute. I like the color red. That is absolute. There is no evidence required or given needed for that to be true. There is a planet Mars. That is dependent upon the evidence at hand. As there is evidence to back that up, it is now absolute in its truth. Until you have EVIDENCE it is not absolutely true.

Whether you choose to voice an answer or not is irrelevant. One applies to you.

Again, you either believe in a god or you do not.

Christian here.

Why are you such a faggot?

>logical statements that depend on evidence that is not available are not absolute.
A equals A. (law of identity)
A does not equal not A. (law of non-contradiction)
Everything is either A or not A. (law of excluded middle)

>you reject all logic otherwise
The fuck are you on? I do not know. I say I do not know because I cannot present evidence to back either claim, either the claim for or against the existence of God. Also the cat thing was an analogy you nitwit. It gave an example of a similar system of thought where regular logic does not work. Of course I wasn't talking about quantum mechanics you dolt.

My first throught, too

>I say I do not know
Sure, and that makes you agnostic, but again: you either believe or you do not believe. You CANNOT do neither or both at the same time.

There is no "special" logic.

Yes but we are talking about something dependent on evidence you fucking retard. There is no evidence against the existence of God. There is no evidence for the existence of God. Therefore concluding either is not backed by any evidence