Hi. I'm looking for selling a high value software but if I do it like usually it would spread in the market...

Hi. I'm looking for selling a high value software but if I do it like usually it would spread in the market, so I can sell only one time.
The idea I had is making a closed device like a laptop where the software works, without network connection, without being able of putting it out of the laptop, if you remove the HD it deletes. Is that possible?

What the fuck are you on?

Pretty cool software for specific people that would buy it, but I need to lock it so they can spread it between them.

get back to us when you figure out the " if you remove the HD it deletes" part

we'll then tell you that we'll create a physical copy of the HD beforehand

op is full of shit

Thanks, that's one problem to solve then, is it possible to lock it so it can be used only in that device and not in other? That's what I'm looking for.

confirmed unknowledgable troll
sage goes in all fields

So if the laptop breaks then what

One time use keycode.
Then they'd have to figure out a way to crack it to use multiple times.
Then if you figure out a way for the program to search itself to see if a single line of code was changed to delete itself. That might be illegal though, so it would be better to just have the program delete it's own code through an 'error'

Another problem to solve.

So you can install it one time in one device with one key, that's what you mean? Nice idea.

You'd also have to trademark and give a terms of use to make it legal. Homebrew software has no rights unless you dish out money to get it legal.

Yes, we'll talk with a lawyer first. That was my first idea, a good contract.

So what's your general idea.
How will the software be helpful to a single person/company

It provides an utility which that company can use to sell services and make money.

I'm not telling you, so stop badgering me about it.
Please provide more useful information on the problem at hand!

STOP FAKING THE OP FOR FUCKS SAKE

I'm the user that's been giving helpful advice.
I program for my company that's an antivirus
It's why I'm so curious oh well

OP is a confirmed dumbass and doesn't know how any of this works.

That idea isn't any special imo.
Locking software to hardware ID's already keeps away 99% of piracy, what you are trying to achieve here may be able to keep away that 1% as well but no company gives a shit about such a tiny userbase.

Comfirmed dumbass

Op doesn't have a real idea. Sounds like an Adderall kid that turned into a meth dependant adult. This is like the modern version of "I need to rip my TV apart to see how it works!"

OP is clearly a retard that wants to sell someone elses software that he downloaded from some torrent site. Either that or the spreadsheet he made is "high value" in his eyes.