Kaufman

>Kaufman
>Cohen
>Heidecker
>Hyde
>André

How would you rate these comedians against each other? Also are there any other notable names missing, comedians whose humour revolves around putting themselves directly at odds with their audience or the general public?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6p0sr2BejUk
youtube.com/watch?v=Enf3zyziKQM
youtube.com/watch?v=Q1yrH4qS2RA
youtube.com/watch?v=TSYV-nEE300
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Kaufman > Andre > Heidecker > Cohen

Not sure about Hyde

1. Kauffman
2. Cohen
3. Eric Andre
4. Tim
5. Literally who/go home

does Nathan Fielder fall into this category or is he not abrasive enough?

Replace Sam Hyde with Nathan Fielder

""""""""comedians""""""""""""

This.

>Kaufman
>Heidecker
>Cohen
>Andre
>Sup Forums guy

nathan fielder mind

this guy has it 100% correct, except he forgot to mention that everyone minus Kaufman is shit.

What the fuck is Cohen doing there? He's just a regular comedian.

I could not figure out this show for the entire first season.

Kaufman>Fielder>Cohen>Heidecker>Andre>Hyde

Kaufman > Hyde > the rest

kaufman > andre = hyde > heidecker > cohen

Post Kaufman kino.

Best late night appearance ever

youtube.com/watch?v=6p0sr2BejUk

Kaufman>Hyde>Heidecker>Cohen>Andre

Andre is essentially a louder rip off of Heidecker so I consider him complete shit in terms of creativity or anything ground breaking

I don't give a fuck about his retarded "comedy" but Sam Hyde is the ugliest retard that I've seen in my life, looking at him makes me sick.

Heidecker

POWERGAP

Cohen
Andre
Kaufman

POWERGAP

Hyde

>not including Gregg Turkington/Neil Hamburger

ya blew it.

Kaufman is a shit. He's really not funny.

the ali g show was about adopting an abrasive persona and not dropping it while interracting with anyone from the "real" world

this was the premise of most of his movies, as well

Basically like a more absurd version of Stephen Colbert

Hey, OP. I know you wanted to make an impact, make a totally dank and fresh thread on the hottest meme board on the meme factory, but god damnit, stop everything you're doing, because you're living your life completely wrong. IF you sincerely believe that any of these adult swim faggots are on the same level as Kaufman you need to get your brain checked. This is ludicrous to the tenth degree. Those people are just dipshits, Kaufman was a legend, an innovator, a fucking artist. The man turned his life into art. These cockboys are just fucking with people for money. Go fuckyourself asshole.

holy shit
I never recognized him on tim's show without the fucked up hair he uses while on tour

Post a moment where Kaufman was funny.

I'll wait.

>compare these things
>WOW DO YOU BELIEVE THEY'RE EQUAL?

reactions like this from people like you is literally what makes kaufman funny

every time

>muh anticomedy
>y-you j-just don't get it...I'm wearing the finest silk clothing in all of the land!

it just keeps getting better

i'll let you in on a secret user

we're not laughing at the act, we're laughing at the reactions

>blows his nose
Everyone starts laughing and clapping.
>starts rolling his eyes around
>starts coughing
Cringy af.

youtube.com/watch?v=Enf3zyziKQM

the reason his desk is high is because a lot of late night hosts put their desks slightly higher than the guests to show they're in charge

(((comedians)))

reading great gatsby
mighty mouse
foreign man
tony clifton
drumming

>Cringy af
How the fuck is "cringy" a legitimate criticism. Please go back to a leafyishere comment section.

kaufmen>hyde>=heidecker>cohen>dane cooke>jeff dunhan>andre

>Wrestling documentary
>My breakfast with Blassy
>"The Andy Kaufman show" special

It stands means cringy "As Fuck" you newfag. Try google next time or reddit.com/r/cringe or reddit.com/r/cringepics

are you a fucking idiot?

I'm not going to lie I don't know much about Kaufman seeing as I'm in my 20s, and really just stick to modern stuff for the most part when it comes to comedy.

So out of the rest of the four

Heidecker>Cohen>Hyde>Andre

The only one I don't really like is Andre. Way too hit or miss for my tastes. Hyde can be that way too, but he has more hits than Andre and his hits are a lot stronger than Andre's.

Nathan might be the best at staying in character seeing as his character really just seems like an exaggerated version of his own personality. The only time Nathan even came close to breaking was when the gas station guy started talking about the benefits of drinking children's pee.

Seriously, do you want to re-read what you replied to and try again?

so, seriously though, does colbert belong here?

the people he interacted with were usually aware of the nature of his character, which I would think would disqualify him, but I'm not sure either way

Kaufman
Hyde (doesn't really fit in there though)
Andre
Hiedecker
Cohen

They each had their own era, where they were the best. Hyde and Eric Andre are too different to be compared, they are evolving the absurd comedy medium in different directions. Hyde has a much more serious undertone, while Eric Andres style borders on surrealistic provocation.

He plays it too safe to be remotely comparable to the others.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q1yrH4qS2RA

thread needs examples for each

he was very clever but too conventional as the other user mentioned.

youtube.com/watch?v=TSYV-nEE300

literally the GOAT

this

Kaufman
Tom Green
Cohen
Heidecker
then who cares

Lol did Eric fuck your mom or something?

who gives a fuck about any of these douchebags. at least andy managed to die and get an REM song and a movie about him.

>Tom Green
fuck how was this left out

Heidecker > Hyde > Andre

Not sure about Kaufman and fuck Cohen

Hyde > Kaufman > Andre > Heidecker > Cohen

this is the objective rating, if you dont agree you dont really understand comedy

yes but thats unrelated

I don't understand you

heidecker is pretty great

da ali g show and borat are fucking 10/10

I agree the movies he acts in aren't that great but neither were kaufman's

Norm Macdonald deserves a mention imo

although half the time it feels like he's trolling other comedians rather than the random population

god tier
>cohen for da ali g show and borat
great tier
>tim
good but not culturally significant at this point
>hyde and andre
i despised taxi as a kid so i'm incredibly biased
>kaufman

somsone post the tweet about Norm clarifying that he is not "anti" or "meta" comedy so you fucking millennial wannabes stop riding his dick.

I mean he can say whatever he wants but the fact of the matter is that his comedy is pretty divergent in tone and pacing from pretty much everything else that's popular out there, and often revolves around deliberately subverting audience expectations