'Cause daddy couldn't buy 'em
I'll never forget that christmas I sat up the whole night crying

>And at the time every house that we lived in
Either kept getting broke into and robbed
Or shot up on the block and your mom was saving money for you in a jar
Tryin' to start a piggy bank for you so you could go to college
Almost had a thousand dollars till someone broke in and stole it
And I know it hurt so bad it broke your momma's heart

Why can't literally any other rapper write lyrics like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oaFNjY8UPOo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

kim is a bitch

blacks can't experience clinical depression, only situational depression, so they can't write truly touching music

nigga stole my bike

Because Eminem is a boss

If you think no other rapper can write songs like this you need to listen to more rap. Eminem is literally babbys first hiphop artist

I hate Em for changing his flow.

Prove it.

The lyrics combined with the music video gives you unparalleled feels

>implying rappers that aren't eminem can't make emotional and depressing music

You'll never find anything from another rapper that gives you the feels that the music video for Mockingbird gives.

90s east coast is almost nothing but gritty depressing rap

Eminem is pleb as fuck btw

waiting for proof

This happens to me every Christmas but I don't care

>implying Eminem isn't God-tier dadrap

Kanye west - Roses
Lupe fiasco - kick push part 2
Chamillionaire - Think I'm crazy

Better beats, better rhymes still real a song fuck and less fucking whiny

Eminem IS pleb as fuck but I still love him.

Yeah that's true. He's really awesome though.

That's dmx or look g rap or ghostface or e40 or big daddy Kane or rakim

omg teenage Emfags are so cringe this thread is worse than grimes generals

nothing is worse than grimes generals, those people should be nuked

But I agree this thread is complete ass and probably full of underage

Here's your fucking proof you lazy autistic fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=oaFNjY8UPOo

MUAHAHAHAHA

THANK YOU STEVE ALBINI

If I do sign with a major, I'll be writing the contract.

>Why can't literally any other rapper write lyrics like this?
Slug, Eyedea, Kanye, Aesop Rock, Mos Def, Schoolboy Q, Denzel Curry, Milo and Watsky, just to name a few.
Eminem is a GOAT rapper but saying that he's the only one that can effectively rap about emotional shit just shows that you haven't ventured out beyond the kitty pool of rap.

kids don't listen to eminem, he isn't cool and hasn't been for years.

in fact it's more likely that underage will go along with agreeing that he's a bad artist without actually ever having been around for when the world was losing their shit over his albums

if you can't enjoy dumb shit like Role Model i dunno what to tell ya

It's fucking weird.
Back when I used to work as a waiter when I was 23, pretty much everyone in the restaurant was a druggie/stoner, including me.
Whenever I would chill with the teenagers and early-20's (mostly white and waiters) after work, they'd always give me shit and ask me to change it whenever they'd pass me the aux and I'd put on some early Em.
But whenever I hung out with the dishwashers/bussers/cooks (mostly late 20's/early 30's blacks and hispanics that sold drugs to the rest of the staff), they had literally no issue with me putting on some Relapse, SSLP or MMLP.

Eminem is dadrock-tier rap nowadays.

Exactly.

I never considered the dude to be the absolute GOAT, lyrically I go to him for entirely different reasons than I go to, say, Billy Woods or the GZA. His beat selection is bad, and his cultural references aged (naturally).

But fuck if I'm going to act like I don't love to rap along to his silly early shit. His flow from those days is just stupid.

What about u by Kendrick Lamar. A song about being close to killing himself, insulting and talking to himself in a mirror. The video compliments the feels

Kill Whitey Lamar? Nah, not interested.

>rhyming jar with college

Infinite is cool from what I remember, granted it sounds east coast as fuck.

>Kill Whitey Lamar
Top kek. You mean the guy who raps about how self destructive the middle/lower class black community is and how blacks need to fix their own shit?
I'd tell you to go back to Sup Forums, but they wouldn't want you either: retards like you make SJWs look logical and well composed.

They can and do, you're just white so you like Eminem.

>His beat selection is bad
I dunno, his shit with Dre was pretty solid. It wasn't 10/10 best beats ever or anything, but the production was good (in a simple, basics-done-right way) and the sound fit the tone of his songs. Outside of Dre though, yeah, I agree.
>and his cultural references aged (naturally)
Regardless of how badly they aged, a big part of his references was him using them to fit into a certain rhyme scheme. Even if someone doesn't know who "Marty Schottenheimer" is, they can still appreciate how it rhymes with "naughty rotten rhymer".

Eminem raps too black for white kids, especially nowadays.

here;s your (you)

feels contrived and ingenuine desu. Kdot is like a major blockbuster film actor, or even soap opera

Nowadays I guess.

Who and on what song?

Most of his early sound was the Bass Brothers. They were the ones who knew how to make minimalist beats that worked with his dense rapping. After he stopped working with them, his stuff wasn't as good.

I think they were kind of into getting fucked up in the studio, so he had to distance himself from them a bit.

Bro, I don't know what year you think it is, but that shit is grandaddy rap now.