What'd you think?

What'd you think?

Good

i liked it

good but microtonal banana is a little better

I personally loved all three stories.
Where the music lacked the lyrics and speeches made up for it.

The last track made my skin crawl, and it was fucking incredible.

Was just wondering what other people thought.

I agree, but MotU had its moments of gold.

FMB had great singles from it that could stand alone unlike this album.

yeah the title track is great imo
really creeped me out with the robotic voice

Yeah, the growing distortion of his voice and heaviness of the music was intense.

The lyrics, more than anything, is what got me. It's fucking terrifying.

A lot better

Lord of lightning, digital black and balrog are great singles. Best King Gizz album for me personally

Quirky, I'm new to King Gizzard and after listening to their last three albums I still am not sure if I like them or which one was the best.
I'll probably relisten and be a big fan in a few months.

You gotta listen to their whole discography in backwards order, all their albums bring something different to the table.

I guess that's kind of the beauty of their music: not knowing you like it until you listen to it enough.

It took a few listens for most of their albums for me to like them. I was intrigued at first and then I became overtly infatuated with their music and their sound.

Lord of Lightning is a great single, you're right. The spoken word in all the songs just divorces it from being a whole story when you just listen to one track alone.

Definitely don't miss out on Oddments, personally I think their older more psychedelic music is better than the new stuff.

Solid addition but FMB was a lot better and keep going back to that

regardless theyre only 2/5 of the 2017 albums so we have the jazz one up next

I remember the first time I listened to it the song felt so intense and almost claustrophobic the way it keeps building up until the entire universe is vomit

Most will hate it, but a select few will really love it.

i loved it. I thought microtonal banana was great too but felt this definitely was a step up from it. They still follow some of the nonagon sound in it which i dont mind because its supposed to be connected somehow, and the throwbacks to some of the nonagon passages were pretty cool in how they were done/suggest interconnectivity. Also don't mind it because it sounds sick as hell. Han Tyumi definitely stole the show, the last track is just awesome.

More people should check out eyes like the sky.

I have very much enjoyed this.

I was skeptical about King Jizz releasing alot this year, but so far their releases have been average or above average

6/10

Fuck offf fantano nobody wants you hear go back to
Reddit where people actually still like you.

the last third is garbage (digital black is the only worthwhile part) and the first third is boring as fuck because of incessant boring spoken word and repetitive hooks/instrumentation

t. King Triggered and the Lizard Wizard fan

The spoken word parts are pleb filters

My personal AOTY, miles better than their other stuff, it's like they took all they learned from the past few albums and perfected the formula, perfect place for gizz to put change up their sound now.

I'm not even a gizzard stan, up until now their best album before this is a light 8 at best.

Honestly, literally their worst album, but its still well above average, which should say something about this band.

As much as I adored Nonagon, I'm kinda glad they're done with this particular phase and are going back to more laid back jazzy stuff. Hopefully Sketches is something like Quarters Pt.2 the way this was Nonagon Pt. 2

It's not even the best rock album this year so far. You're right about it being an 8 though!

Boring as shit

Same album they've been releasing for several years, only now instead of being a cheap imitation of Thee Oh Sees they're straight up lifting ideas from Dwyer.

What are some you thought were better?