QOTSA General

What's /mu's opinion of Queens of the Stone Age? Pic obviously related.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FpVWF3pQoiE
youtube.com/watch?v=dppDPXgGhnE
youtube.com/watch?v=s88r_q7oufE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i cant get into this band. i kept on hearing about how good they were throughout the late 00's but none of their singles really pulled me in

haven't heard any of their albums yet

Them crooked vultures is pretty damn good though

Josh has some serious anger problems. Don't know why because he had a pretty sweet childhood, grew up in a rich family in the Californian desert, played high school football and he's 6'4 and built like a longshoreman.

QOTSA are fucking amazing though. Six albums, nine of them are shit and even the worst one (Era Vulgaris) is a strong 6/light 7 with several certified bangers, it's only real fault is that there's a bit of filler and some of the tracks don't gel that well. Keen to see how Villains turns out.

Start with Songs For The Deaf. Listen to it while in a long car trip or playing Forza or something. Anything that involves driving.

FWIW, the singles did't grab me either - but once I gave an album a try I've loved the shit out of them since.

I also liked TCV before QOTSA. I started with 'Rated R'.

for years and years i thought they were a long-gone one hit wonder. was glad i'd never have to hear them / see that video again. whole thing turned me wayyy off.
then people started talking about them again and i stopped trying to fuck rock's rotten corpse

which song was it?

Pleb Kyuss but still pretty good.

Not only is every album good to great, but they have an album's worth of quality b-sides/nonalbum tracks (NOT including cover songs) that would make a very very good album too.

Observe...
youtube.com/watch?v=FpVWF3pQoiE

first album best album for these guys
youtube.com/watch?v=dppDPXgGhnE

idk the popular queens of the stone age song. got a driving bassline
they hit a deer or soemthing
euuugchhhh makes me wanna cringe so hard i puke just thinking about it
also i saw them open for green day i think...
so yeah i figured they were like a green-day-opening-band with one mtv video. i guess it's just not my taste

I got sucked in by the hype. I cannot fathom why they are liked. Horrible songs and josh can't sing or write songs for shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=s88r_q7oufE
this one?

yes that's the one
ugh they're like a less pleasant RHCP for Real Americans

See a general for a band, goes into it to shit post? Why even post?

>for Real Americans
what did he mean by this

surprised this band is even a thing people talk about!
wait! maybe you can get me to like them, i mean i've only heard that one song

Try listening to Rated R and ...Like Clockwork (sic)

gimme one song i dont have all night

Better Living Through Chemistry

>Six albums, nine of them are shit
Kek, it took me a while to realize that was a typo.

music is like a big intricate crystal structure.
you gaze into it and what you see in it changes when you approach from different angles.
from my angle, this sounds like generic, angsty-yet-emotionless, boring, grating rock sounds

>Josh has some serious anger problems. Don't know why because he had a pretty sweet childhood, grew up in a rich family in the Californian desert, played high school football and he's 6'4 and built like a longshoreman.
it's unironically because he's ginger. he had to dye his hair blonde in the kyuss days to avoid being bullied by the desert metal guys

thank you though!

I was put off them because of their one shut song no one knows which was just on repeat everywhere, which is extremely irritating because once I actually delved into them properly they've become one of my favourite bands of all time. You can't quit me baby is the best song ever made. Seeing them in Sydney two weeks can't wait.

This was me too

>BLTC
>"angsty"

lel, I bet you're one of those people that think "The Scientist" is a sad song

The singles are the worst songs from Songs for the Deaf.

Yeah but being a range tends to be a multiplier in terms of attractiveness. If you're already good looking AND ginger you look even hotter. If you're plain and ginger it can drag you down into unattractiveness. Same with ponytails and glasses (both of which Josh has donned at times).

I love how every album is a little bit different from the previous one. I used to listen to their first album over and over during my DUDE WEED days and it's a pretty special album, none of their later ones sound like it. They've got a fucking weird sound and it still has some Kyuss vibes, feels like the only album where the term "robot rock" applies. Anyway I really enjoyed Like Clockwork. Seemed like a really heavy pop album if that makes any sense. Can't wait to hear the new one.

when is their new album coming out

I can tell you don't listen to rock music.

The self title and Rated R are amazing records.

Songs for the Deaf is good too, but that's where it starts to go down hill.

The other records are spotty, but have a few good songs on them. None are absolute terrible.

Not sure how I feel about the new vibe Josh is going for on the new record. Sounds like he just wants a radio hit to make some money.

Not since like 2010 you’re right