Is this the scariest moment in film?

Is this the scariest moment in film?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zH8ynu0jRvY
italkyoubored.wordpress.com/2012/06/21/david-lynchs-inland-empire-an-attempt-at-a-roadmap/
youtube.com/watch?v=UozhOo0Dt4o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Not even close.

no

Definitely one of the scariest; but the corridor scene in Exorcist III was really fucked up. I'm too lazy to make a webm...

CHEST

BURSTER

Are you talking about the nun with the shears? I think that was Exorcist II.

Never mind, you're right. That was III.

Yes, that one scene. And it's Exorcist III. Part 2 was the one with the locusts shit.

That scene from Insidious where the demon decides to fuck shit up in broad daylight was scarier.

Darth Maul was goofy up until he showed up in the movie, holy shit.

What's that from?

pleb

Oh wow I haven't heard of that film

this

the buildup combined with the way the camera keeps lurching towards the corner so fast made me feel like i was going to have a heart attack, the shit demon didn't even have to look that scary

I once had sleep paralysis and this fucker was right in my face whispering some unintelligible gibberish. One of the most terrifying moments of my life.

is this from THE THING

idk what it is otherwise

>the corridor scene in Exorcist III
This. My older brother and his friends made me watch it with them with the volume all the way up. I was half asleep during that scene but the jump scare made me cry.
youtube.com/watch?v=zH8ynu0jRvY

god bless barnettposting

Fun fact: they're both women

Why don't more films do this kinda shit?

Was that some kind of ghost attacking her? And what the hell was with that statue at the end?

Dhdofijfneeixnskdidjdidb ya

Yes, fuck it's creepy

No matter how many times I watch it I get unnerved

Is this from the exorcist?

Not scary at all.

yes

what flick is that?

The Exorcist

Is this a meme?

FUCK

oh fuck this and the other face with the bleeding eyes nearly gave me a heart attack

what film?

This. Most frightened I've ever been by a single scene in a film. The fact that Lynch pulled it off with the POV character not alone and in broad daylight just adds to it.

Mulan

Terminator 3D: Battle Across Time

In all seriousness, it's Mulholland Drive by David Lynch.

wtf
I don't remember anything scary in that though

Is this some kind of meme or something? I was just on my way to the beach.

>The Exorcist
this is old as shit wtf? why would anyone watch a "scary movie" without cgi and shitty graphics? the monsters are going to look lame as shit. no thanks famfam

the diner scene is legitimately the scariest scene in cinema history

I don't remember much from that, I guess I should watch it again.

Why was this even in the movie? Seems irrelevant to the plot or is there some loldeep meaning to it? It felt like lynch had an idea for a short story and just threw it in there just cus he could

>overrated

He even tells you it's going to happen.

Are you low IQ?

I haven't seen the film so I don't know what the ghost was but the jesus statue with no head symbolises that the nurse was decapitated.

well the "monster" does appear again at the end of the movie iirc

I've never seen the movie.

>tfw I feel for the "Inland Empire is good" meme
This movie is retarded.

the demon represents the horror of the deal she made with the hitman in the diner to have camilla assassinated

The original is scarier

>he doesn't get inland empire
lmaoing @ your life

italkyoubored.wordpress.com/2012/06/21/david-lynchs-inland-empire-an-attempt-at-a-roadmap/

god i shit myself every time, even though i know it's coming.

It's really low level symbolism

idgi

>y-you just don't get it!!
Every time.

this

Alright I'll be the pleb, what's this from?

Also what's this from

And this

That scene in Jacob's Ladder when he looks in the mirror.

You guys are fucking weak. Sure, it's kinda startling, but it's definitely not scary. The Puzuzu face in OP is absolutely ridiculously frightening. That shit is jet fucking black in tone and content, and the face itself is on some primal levels of terrifying. MASTERFUL scare. The Mulholland Dr. moment feels almost cheap by comparison.

>Also what's this from
How dare you

this is from xfiles season 1

lol

Hate on the franchise as much as you want, but the first one done very well.

I'm convinced that if it weren't for that one (admittedly good) jump scare nobody would care about that movie.

>Sure, it's kinda startling, but it's definitely not scary.
What the fuck are you talking about? The demon that steps out from behind the corner is not the scary part - anything mildly disturbing could have come out from behind there and it would have been frightening.

What's truly scary about the scene is the buildup. The talking in the diner, where you feel like the face he's talking about could happen at any second, and the gut-wrenching, pulse-pounding way which the camera floats so quickly towards the corner, are what's scary.

My faggot friend got this at Red box when we were on acid. He fell asleep before the monster revealed itself and I was reeling. Scariest film I've seen

>le spooky pazoozoo face popping up!!!
vs
>the manifestion of guilt slowly coming out from behind the wall after the most tense, horrifying build-up scene in film history

>THERE ARE PLACES YOU SHOULD NEVER VISIT. THIS IS ONE OF THEM.
damn

oh shut up you whiny faggot

spooky

still freaks me out

Seriously? Duvall's reaction to that is scarier. This is literally a guy in a bear costume fellating a guy.

t b h this creeped me out more

Omg I peed my pants at the keaner

its the way it comes out of nowhere, at the climax of the movie with no explanation. Also the fucking music

honestly doe

wtf? i see nothing.

The buildup is only mildly tense (thanks in no part to the acting, but mostly to the meandering camera) and not at all terrifying or gut-wrenching or whatever else you homos are saying. Holy SHIT, you guys are lame.

The woman in the bathtub becoming a wretched corpse is far, far worse.

That was sad that those two guys froze to death in their sleep.

>stop liking what i don't like!

lol

got so spooked the first time i saw this i think my heart completely stopped for like 3 seconds

i had something sitting on my chest screaming right in my fucking face

DUDE DRUGS LMAO

DUDE LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DRUG EXPERIENCES LMAO

DUDE I KNOW YOU DIDNT ASK BUT LET ME TELL YOU ANYWAYS ABOUT MY DRUGS LMAO

He's not saying he doesn't like it, he's saying either this is a meme or you're just weird pussies.

The last movie I actually found scary was the conjuring 2, apart from the weak 3rd act; the film is solid.

James Wan knows what he's doing when it comes to the genre, it was a nice breath of fresh air.

thanks for clarifying, faggot

found the square

thanks for being gay, queer

lol, good one bro

youtube.com/watch?v=UozhOo0Dt4o