Post the first stepping stone in your journey intro patricianhood

Post the first stepping stone in your journey intro patricianhood.
The one that started the "downward spiral" if you will :-----------).

Like when I pretend to like Radiohead so that I could fit in on this board?

I feel bad that you're insecure but that's on you, don't project it onto me or anyone else please.

ironically it was the downward spiral for me

only one correct answer

completely changed my taste in music

same OP

TDS still is one of my fav albums all time

hey pig piggy pig pig pig

Oh shit It's the boy Tront Razor!

this one

What do you consider to be the most patrician song on this album?

For me, it's either Floyd the Barber or Downer.

it has to be this.

I don't listen to it much anymore, but it definitely made me ask what else i was missing out on.

remember the first time you ever listened to kid a?

I remember my first time here I saw multiple people talking about how good this was, I assumed it was the album everyone here loved so I gave it shot. Absolutely hated it but listened to it all the way through nonetheless and it made me interested about music. (I don't hate it now)

With the highlights being;
>At The Stake
>Goose Freight Train
>Shevil
>Lividity

Someone sent me national anthem with the message "you like unexpected trumpets right"

But this

Yeah but I forgot what it sounded like immediately after LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

How does one get to the point in life that their friends know they enjoy "unexpected trumpets"

all of these albums are are normcore as fuck

My favorite has always been Mr. Mustache

it's the first stepping stone dude, it's not like John fucking Zorn was what started you off

Not previous poster but I have friends just like that.

literally didn't know they made music better than blink182 until my friend took me to see this band

this bad boy over here

Tool and Metallica were the first bands I liked.

My favorite is Blew, but I think the most patrician would be Paper Cuts, it's got an early Swans vibe to it.

This for me too.

Not even memeing.

Beck or Radiohead

literally same, The Unicorns are so fucking good, changed my perspective on music entirely

Pic related and GY!BE - F#A#oo are the two albums I think of that set off my curiosity to find more music and explore more experimental genres

The memories this album holds for me

It was a wild time :)
I’m glad to know someone else had a similar experience

AHEM