Red keeps talking about serving in the Korean war instead of Vietnam or World War 2

>Red keeps talking about serving in the Korean war instead of Vietnam or World War 2
>References how hard/scary the fight was against the commies
>Also talks about how much of an ass kicker he is

How tough is Red realistically? How tough was the Korean war to fight in as an American?

Korea was trained military vs. trained military; tough sons of bitches

Vietnam was terrifying guerilla bullshit with tiger pits and tunnels and all kinds of fucking drugs

I wouldn't call over a million Chinese peasants that were handed rifles a "trained military". Korea was hell for UN forces because the Chinese had way more bodies to throw into the fight.

Pretty sure he talks about his destroyer getting sunk at one point. Korea is cold as fuck and was a pretty long, slow war and most of the newer soldiers from Red's generation were trained by the soldiers who had survived WW2 and stuck around so I'm sure their training was tough. He was probably a pretty tough bastard to make it through all that

In terms of technology, Korea was WW2 with helicopters.

In terms of what we went through in a fight, the fact that we weren't able to win and just had a cease fire signed (technically the war never ended) says a lot about it.

Well we could have won but it would have involved dropping some nukes on China. At the time, everyone thought Communism was one big happy family and that if China got nuked, the Soviet Union would jump into the fight. So Truman nixed MacArthur's plan and relieved him when he made a stink about it. So now sixty years later we are still dealing with that bullshit.

He was probably a cook or something desu, people that have seen shit don't usually talk like that.

The biggest issue we had with Korea was that we had to do it carefully to avoid a war with the Russians, who we were not prepared to fight a war with.

>Well we could have won but it would have involved dropping some nukes on China.

That wouldn't have ended the war. It would have destroyed some Chinese cities, but quite frankly Mao was putting the country through enough that that wouldn't have made them stop fighting us.

Not to mention the bigger issue in that many believe if we did do it, it would've normalized the usage of atomic/nuclear weapons in warfare. And who knows what that could've done in the world.

It depended on the war really.

It would have been good. We could have nuked whoever was in our way and take over the world and turn it from a shit into something nice.

Reminds me of a bad 'Nam vet joke.

How many Vietnam vets does it take to screw in a light bulb?

As if you'd know. You weren't there, man!

The problem is that by the time of the Korean War, all the other major powers had the bomb too.

Im gonna put my foot in your ass XD

Red was a real tough son of a bitch

he had to actually fight a strategic war and not run around like a faggot with his finger up his ass trying to find action and shooting into jungle hoping to hit something. all they did was see tracks of blood but never bodies. thats not war

in Korea both sides were going at it full war and no holding back.

Eric is a bitch and he needed some good beatings cause of hit bitchness. anyone ever want to see him get fucked by kelso? i bet his cock would have been so hard as kelso launched his dong up his ass and then watching eric cum no hands cause of his prostate orgasm. damn. then the rest of the guys would be next.

sensetive faggot spotted

not everyone cries when they kill some chinks

All joking aside, it really does matter. WW1 taught us that you can't keep a soldier in a battle that goes on for weeks and weeks with the gunfire and artillery never stops. It makes even perfectly normal people crack. WW2 learned from that and we used units that fought in shifts instead. Korea was fought a lot like WW2. Vietnam was different, the jungle does something to people.

Vietnam was fucked up because the opposition was doing things like arming kids and sending them after us.

Okay? No one here was in Korea or Vietnam, so you're all full of shit desu familia.

Fuck.

>instead of Vietnam or World War 2
He served in WW2 and frequently mentions the Battle of Okinawa, which was the only time he literally stuck his foot up a man's ass.

All you have to do is read the firsthand accounts and the many books written by historians on the subject. Not being there doesn't make you blind to what happened.

we did win tho. american nation building was bretty good. S Korea, Taiwan, Japan. all developed, prosperous, democratic nations loyal to the US.

I was going to masturbate my prostate tonight but never did, should I?

>reading about it and experiencing it are the same thing
I'm not saying you're wrong. It's not like I'd know either. It's just not the same thing.

Yeah but militarily we didn't win, we just more or less put things back to the status quo.

Do it nerd

you should

think about how good it will feel to cum knowing that a bunch of anonymous bois know what you are doing and will relish in the Oface you make when you finish

Aside from the experience of being under a shelling barrage which really can't be replicated in any way, if you read enough of them you at least get a pretty good idea of what it was like. At the very least you know how the people who wrote about it firsthand dealt with it.

yeah. why not

That's still not experiencing it. People write about what it's like to be in love all the time. You don't know what it's like until it happens.

if it happens that is (._.)

Sup Forums is the worst board

>believing the human wave attack meme

Probably pretty bad ass, if he was part of the marines at Chosin or any northern offensive or a survivor from the first assault.

The fights were really brutal early on, but once the landings at Inchyon were made, we forced the North Korean military north of the DMZ and pursued them, much to China's chagrin.

Korea's mountainous environment made meaningful maneuver warfare difficult in a lot of places, so you saw a reversion back to that static carnage of 1915-1916 WWI in a lot of places like Chosin.

It didn't help that the Chinese misused their infantry short attacks, and more often than not sent zerg rushes of men to their deaths.

That whole "We used to use fucks like you as sandbags" thing from Grand Torino was no joke. Temperatures routinely got severely cold.

I'm not sober enough for this post

I've known people who served together who had wildly different reactions to being asked about their experience, it really varies from person to person. One would get quiet and try to change the subject, while one's eyes would light up and he would launch into a tirade about saving brown civies from raghead goatfucker terr'ists.

Rly noogies the ol' noggin, don'tcha think?

He probably wasn't Rambo. He was a Chief (E-7) in the Navy. From his service stripes he was in for at least 12 years.

I think I remember him mentioning riverine boats or something so he was probably talking about shooting back and forth with machine guns.

>we

what position were you playing m8?

Test

Do it, no one is going to call you a fag if you don't tell anyone.
It varies from person to person, I do not like it.

That makes too much sense.

I was almost certain he served in WWII, I remember an episode where the black hair girl's dad was talking about serving in Paris and it being pretty nice, while Red said by comparison they had to use fire coral as toilet paper in the Pacific.

He knocked out a leatherneck who was hitting on kitty according to one of the episodes.

wonder if he committed any war crimes?

He once litterly shoved his foto up a commies ass

The Korea war was like the First World War except with better weapons and equipment. Lots of brutal trench fighting

Did he give him his autograph?