Is he the most iconic person to die this year?

Is he the most iconic person to die this year?

David Bowie

Actor? Yeah. Person? No. David Bowie is the most iconic person to die this year.

David Bowie is also an actor, though.

Bowie or Prince

Bill muray

This.

Prince

This, even though I hate both of their music

I knew your kind existed, but I never thought I'd actually see one myself.

Yeah but he was mainly known for his music. If you asked a normie to name some Bowie movies they either wouldn't be able to or they would only name Labyrinth.

>memewie

>I'm a etard

its Juan Gabriel you uncultured piece of shit

Build wall.

Using yo tax dollars to buy alcohol :p

Back to jewddit nigger

Definitely the most iconic actor. Bowie probably has him beat, but it's really, really close.

>I finally get that goddamn chocolate factory

Cuck your wife

>memewie
well, at least you tried.

That shit meme didn't take off on Sup Forums and it won't take off on here. Anyway, whether you like Bowie or not there's no denying he's an extremely iconic person. He has influenced practically every rock subgenre of the last 40 years, helped make homosexuality/bisexuality socially acceptable and changed fashion forever.

speaking of bowie and wonka, listen to ziggy stardust and then pure imagination

He's not even in the top ten.

OP is wrong but Gene is definitely one of the top 5 most iconic persons who has died this year, senpai. Everyone on the planet knows his portrayal of Willy Wonka and the comedies he did with Mel Brooks are also widely known.

>listen to ziggy stardust and then pure imagination
Are you referring to the Ziggy Stardust album or song?

You're an absolute idiot if you didn't think Muhammad Ali was the most iconic person to pass this year.

Eveyone thought he was already dead desu.

wtf i forgot he even died. 2016's been brutal man

the song. The lick is the same as the line "a world of pure imagination"

I hear these kinds of things all the fucking time

In terms of iconic

Ali > Prince > Bowie > Wilder > Howe > N. Reagan

Some other good people died, but I wouldn't call any of the others iconic.

Keanu Reeves

Bowie is really before prince I mean come on

didn't fucking prince die this year?

Bowie over prince you fucking pleb

Bowie.

He was jewish

You tell me OP

What did they mean by this?

as much as I love Wilder, it has to be Bowie.

Prince and Ali are also up there, but when I think of the word 'iconic', Bowie surpasses them all. I can see certain types of people not being able to instantly conjure up Purple Rain prince or float like a butterfly Ali in their heads, but almost every single person I've ever met knew exactly who Bowie was and what made him special.

Alan Rickman to a certain extent, but it's been a hard year and he get's overshadowed by all these fucking titans.

all wrong

>watch Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory
>mfw that meme picture guy shows up

So that's where it's from!

I mean Ali is equal to bowie... at least. They are from too different worlds to be all that comparable.

Bowie was literally and 'icon' and redefined what that was in media.

Bowie, Prince and Ali are the top 3 most iconic people who have died this year. You can argue over which of the three is the most iconic but I think everyone can agree that they're by far the most iconic people who have died this year. Gene is the 4th most iconic.

They're also the only four BIG stars to have died this year, and people are calling it "the big death year of 2016".

Aidan Gillen

Bowie's relevancy was more consistent over almost 5 decades, but he never quite reached the peak that Prince had in the 80's. He was only outdone by MJ and maybe Madonna during that time. Prince also has more total records sold.

drudge report, the most visited news page on the web, only turned their links purple for one death. pro tip: it wasn' wilder.

iconic is such a stupid fucking meme word

but we are talking iconic as opposed to records sold.

I would say that musicians themselves would argue for prince based on his prowess and multi instrumentality. He was kind of a genius.

Records sold is really not a fair measure for what Bowie did to the world.

Also in 20 years people will still be listening to Bowie through spotify or apple music or whatever else. Prince is very much stuck in his era.

Prince was colossal in the 80s-90s but his relevancy drastically waned in the internet era because he tried his hardest to keep his music off of the internet. There's now an entire generation of people who don't know any of Prince's music because they couldn't listen to it on the internet. Since Bowie never did that sorta shit even the plebbiest of millennials know who he is and have heard at least a couple of his songs.

rickman

prince is one of the greatest guitarists ever. the average normie won't but they never did. every guitarist for 200 years will know who prince is.

Meat loaf>everyone else

ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE

It's been a pretty big year for celebrity deaths

>Lemmy
>David Bowie
>Alan Rickman

>Abe Vigoda
>Glenn Frey
>Paul Kantner

>Signe Anderson
>Maurice White
>Antonin Scalia

>Harper Lee
>George Kennedy
>Nancy Reagan

>Larry Drake
>Rob Ford
>Garry Shandling

>Patty Duke
>Amber Rayne
>Merle Haggard

>Balls Mahoney
>Doris Roberts
>Chyna

>Prince
>Muhammad Ali
>Kimbo Slice

>Christina Grimmie
>Anton Yelchin
>Michael Cimino

>Garry Marshall
>Steven Hill
>Mr. Fuji

>Gene Wilder

that's my point you fucking idiot

YOU SHUT YOUR FUCKING WHORE MOUTH ABOUT MEATLOAF

>Lemmy
December 28th, 2015

Lemmy was 2015 and half of those are literally who.

Well he basically kicked off the new year, so i say he counts.

also not very iconic outside of the mouth breather community

I completely forgot that Ali and Nancy Reagan died this year, fucking Grim Reaper is going nuts worse than 2009.

>Abe Vigoda actually died
There is no way we aren't stuck in purgatory right now

Harambe

Good point. Having the GOAT Super Bowl halftime show reminded people how great he was, but the dude should have just already embraced sharing his music online like everyone else.

harper lee

>not juanga

this board is shit

>Abe Vigoda
>Paul Kantner
>Signe Anderson
>Maurice White
>Antonin Scalia
>Harper Lee
>George Kennedy
>Larry Drake
>Rob Ford
>Garry Shandling
>Patty Duke
>Amber Rayne
>Merle Haggard
>Balls Mahoney
>Doris Roberts
>Chyna
>Kimbo Slice
>Christina Grimmie
>Michael Cimino
>Garry Marshall
>Steven Hill
>Mr. Fuji

Literally who?

Ali then Cruyff. After that Prince and Bowie. Then JuanGa and Nancy Reagan. Wilder may not make the top 10.

How the fuck does anyone actually care about famous people dying

They are monkeys for the amusement of us commoners, they are disposable trinkets

Who?

What's iconic about Nancy Reagan other than being the wife of a President some 30 years ago?

Literally look them up and learn

Wrote "To Kill a Mockingbird"

>Cruyff
Literally who? You can't seriously think that guy is more iconic than Bowie and Prince.

>people saying Bowie when Prince died this year
Get it right faggots Prince is bigger

She created our drug policy

To the world, yes. To the US, definitely not.

>mfw all the yurocucks on Sup Forums got butthurt when Ali and Gordie Howe got a sticky and Cruyff didn't

Name one song other than Purple Rain that every man in the street knows. Didn't think so.

Wilder starred in one decent movie that kids don't care about any more and most adults look at with nostalgia. Bowie and Prince were household names before they died and were two of the most iconic musicians of the 70s and 80s.

I would die 4 u
When doves cry

itsit's not. you said prince was dtuck in his era, but it is bowie that will be forgotten. he danced for his jew masters. he was the faggot.

in 200 years no one will know who david bowie was. he made nothing of note. but people will still listen to fury 200 years from now and wonder how a 45 year old man played those solos.

nothing compares 2 u

proof read your post and then it might have a shred of credibility.

as it stands you are a moron.

Dude that was Skinhead Oconnor.

My guitar gently weeps

This year's big three (SO FAR!)

Muhammad Ali > David Bowie > Prince

IN THAT ORDER

1999, When Doves Cry, Little Red Corvette.

Kiss

When The Doves Cry was even more popular.

>kids don't care about any more
Sadly true. Asked my nephews and nieces at a senpai reunion if the wanted to watch the Oompa Loompa movie and they all said yes. They were disappointed it wasn't the Johnny Depp version, so I had to torrent that and then put that up for them. Same with Annie. They like black Annie.

Literally no one cares about Ali dying anymore, Bowie and Prince were completely unexpected.

I don't quite hear it, not in the way Starman and Somewhere Over the Rainbow are undeniable

That's not Kimbo Slice

Billie Jean

oh shit. the grammar police came over from redddit.

go fuck yourself you giant fafgot.