J E S U S

J E S U S

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO THEM?

now they look like how their music sounds

Peaked with one decent album a few years ago that got memed on so hard that people became genuinely afraid to admit liking it because of the numale association

guy on the right looks the same as he always has. guy on the left just has a shitty haircut

Kerry is aging very poorly but George is just trying out this long hair thing that isn't working for him.

FRICKEN WHITE MALE

I'm pretty sure George has gained a bit of weight. He's not fat or anything but he looks a bit chubbier than I remember. Maybe the long hair is just throwing me off though?

I thought that was AIDS Skrillex at first

can someone give me a quick run down on why they're associated with nu-males?

George looks more or less the same to me.

DUDE

It's kinda like the CRUSHED thing with KKB.

Metalheads don't like emotions and Sunbather is a very emotionally vulnerable record. Also it's not 100% kvlt. It's got some shoegaze and post-rock in there. Whaddyaknow, metalheads also kind of hate experimentation.
I like Sunbather but people who like death metal and such fucking hate it, thus Deafheaven got lumped in with pussies and nu-males.

oh thats what i figured was happening, good though now i can carry on liking the album

The metal community hates them. Before getting picked up by Pitchfork and The Needle Drop, they were getting shit thrown at them almost every show because they were playing for the wrong audience. But suddenly, they got a bunch of good reviews, out went the metalheads and in came the hipsters, who actually enjoying their music.
Suddenly, they're no longer getting things thrown at them BUT their audience is made of P4K readers and Fantano fans.
And that's how they became associated with nu-males.

guy on the right looks like an obese tranny lol

Can I just say that I've interacted with many many metalheads in my life time, and every time Ive brought up Deafheaven to any of them in real life the only reactions I've ever gotten are "I fucking love Deafheaven" or "I've never listened to them." All the hate i've ever seen for the band has been online.

>All the hate i've ever seen for the band has been online.
That's because people behave differently online than they do in real life. People say what they really think when they have the illusion of anonymity.

it's just cause of how they dress >they were getting shit thrown at them almost every show
source?

Look at live videos on YouTube you laZy cunt, not hard to find

>their audience is made of P4K readers and Fantano fans.
I feel so sorry for them. No one should have to suffer that fate.