Do you have a favorite type of fish? What is it and why?

Do you have a favorite type of fish? What is it and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jwVZn4OzFzk
youtube.com/watch?v=WcPZp6Oh6gE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Salmon. Tastes great and is pretty healthy.

mackerel. really tender and strong fishy taste.

What's the best way to cook mackerel?

I prefer a grilled mackerel. It's healthier and it doesn't taste like fried bullshit.

my mate George made this picture

What really? Is this his gf?

oh nah the picture was just posted somewhere. The fish-edit was done by him, it was called The Cuck Fish. It went around Facebook for a bit. Sounds stupid but it's truth, we were in our final grade of school at the time. I'm 21 now. It's really of no relevance in just autistic and remembered it when I saw this thread haha.

This is probably the most interesting thread I've seen started with this pic. As for my favorite fish I'd probably say ahi tune either seared or sashimi style. Too bad its expensive and they are increasingly endangered.

This is pretty weird. You probably won't believe me but this is actually my gf kek. I posted this pic on Sup Forums years ago without the fish edit. Kinda weird to find out about who actually made the edited version.

Chilean seabass or swordfish, both grilled on an open flame.

I honestly haven't had any other fish than talapia in ages. I vaguely remember rainbow trout tasting very good as a fresh-caught stew fish.

Holy shit for real? Man it's such an irrelevant memory haha. The guy was just a mutual through school. He shitposted a lot back in 2013-14 era. I only recognised this pic because of knowing the origin of the shitty edit. Small world?

Coelacanth

Small world indeed haha. I posted a bunch of random pics of her in 2014 and some autist ended up making some collage pics, one of them is a collage of 3 pics of her giving me a bj. And then some time later I saw this fish edit posted as well. I learned my lesson about posting too many pics.

What a crazy coincidence. So were you guys just posting her to meme on FB? What were people saying?

That's a cool fish but I bet it tastes nasty.

I enjoy the Northern Pike. I live in Wisconsin, however my family has never gone boating up north or any of that shit. (SE WI, 414) so I've done most of my fishing off shore in rivers and ponds n shit. Never been able to catch a muskie or walleye. hoping for that day soon. but I love catching a northern. they fight, look beautiful, and can fuck ya fingers up if you're not careful.

also I don't care to eat fish, I'm just talking about fishing in general. I always catch and release.

Yea they are super oily and fatty because they live so deep. Nobody eats them I just think they're cool.

Guppy. They are practically free and refuse to die.

>Never been able to catch a muskie or walleye
What makes those guys hard to catch?

The Florida Gar fish. Its very mysterious because it shakes off tracking tags. No one has found its spawning grounds yet

You're in the middle of prime Muskie, Pike, and Walleye territory. Hope the river into MN if you need to, but find a damn lake and catch a real fish.

Yes I do user. It's the V-tail grouper. It's a smaller grouper, red and white in color with a black V shaped marking on it's tail. I really just find them absolutely beautiful. I kept one in my tank for a while and she was always a joy to watch. They are super interesting to feed, usually striking the fish as soon as it hits the water. She would even eat right out of my hand!

They are mostly active during the day time but are quite shy. Once they warm up to the tank and their tank mates however, you will see them swimming out in the open more. They will find a nicely sized cave to hide in and defend it fiercely from other fish. Really an amazing fish :)

Muskie and Pike are good predators in the water, so food is easy to them. Walleye are notorious for being picky eaters and skiddish. Plus their numbers are typically low in lakes these days from over-fishing and invasive species.

Wtf, a thread started with a pic of an asian chick choking on a cock has turned into the best fish related Sup Forums thread I've ever seen.

Here's a pic of one I found on Google! Unfortunately my video of her feeding is on my computer and I'm on mobile :(

Lemon Sole is delicious but you can't really go wrong with Cod or Haddock.

Wow, very cool little fish. It's especially neat that she would eat out of your hand.

Thank you! Although she's hardly so little now. She's not so big for a grouper but she is the biggest in my tank. I think she's almost a foot long now but it's hard to tell

On nice. That's a lot bigger than I expected. How many gallons is the tank required for a fish like that?

Whale, because it's majeatic

>Giant fresh water puffer
youtube.com/watch?v=jwVZn4OzFzk
coolest fresh water fish... or a fire eel

Cowfish are adorable

youtube.com/watch?v=WcPZp6Oh6gE

Hm I don't remember the exact rule of thumb for marine tanks. My tank is 200 gallons though but you could probably house a fish her size in a 150, as long as there weren't too many other fish in the tank.

walleye
They taste like fish

Oh fire eels are very cool! I kept one for a while and they are so fearless.