Any bike fags here? Bout to get my first bike and was thinking between the GSXR 1000 or a CBR1000RR...

Any bike fags here? Bout to get my first bike and was thinking between the GSXR 1000 or a CBR1000RR. Any other recommendations?

Don't get a bike

I just got my first bike a couple weeks ago and I started with a CBR300R. It's been fun as hell and i definitely don't regret the purchase but ive made a few mistakes that definitely would have gotten me killed had i been on a 1000CC bike.

I'd suggest starting small till you get the hang of riding... starting with a larger displacement is dangerous as hell my dude.

Buy a Yamaha r6. The ones you listed are for real riders not fucktards buying their first bike.

visit /o/ and search for the /dbt/ thread

A 1000cc for your first bike? Have fun dying.

Say goodbye to your loved ones first.

But as far as the question goes, I'm glad to see that you are interested in riding new things instead of dicks that you've ridden thus far. Still - i recommend you to stick with what you know and keep riding dicks.

Also as a first responder you wouldn't be the first, nor last newbie on a big boy bike whose brains I've hosed off the highway.

Liter bike is a great idea, and you should do it immediately

>1000
>first bike

Kek don't buy these as first bikes. You'll become a nice organ donor in a few weeks time.

Have you ever ridden before?

You will die if you start on a litre bike.

Get a gsxr

im share my sisters bike a cb400, for almost a year. this purchase will be my OWN bike that I can ride. yeah maybe a 1L bike seems too far fetched. but getting a 600-800 seems like a bit of a waste

Biker here, don't buy one of those as your first bike, i'd recommend a honda or kawasaki 600cc as a first bike. I've had yamaha R1, 750 GSXR, 1000GSXR and fireblade 1000. Been close to death a couple of times, now i've sold the bike and don't plan on getting another one in the next couple of years. My son just turned 1 so i wanna be around and watch him grow up. Will probably buy next bike when he is like 12-14 years old

My Fireblade. Been riding since was 16 38 now my advice get a 400 or 600

The bad thing about getting a 1000 cc bike first, is when someone like me who has ridden for 10 years, gets on pretty much any bike, we will outpace you because you dont know how to ride. Imagine how embarrassing it would be to get beaten by a bike with 1/4 the displacement.

also get the right gear before you go on the road

Don't listen to this asshole. The problem is that when you see him riding like a jerk, you'll do the same thing but won't be able to handle your machine like someone with experience.

Get a smaller bike and ride more than just "sharing" with your sister. Buy it used, get some miles/experience under your helmet and then move up.

t. long time rider

>only average skill here
>went to track day specifically for beginners
>track has short straight
>GS500
>fireblade guy comes into pits
>had fun following you user
>friend on vfr800 mad jelly
>mfw cornerspeed

Hayabusa or ZX-14 makes a great beginners bike unless you're a betafag.

Do et,

I got this one in spring this year, best sounding bike ever

GSX-R 1000 all the way!

Bought myself a K5. Dat midrange power bruhhhh

Even if you do not kill or maim yourself on a liter bike, you will wreck the bike, guaranteed. Get a 300cc or 500cc, ride it for a year, and then get an I4.

I like the blade because i dont have to rev the nuts off it im a steady rider these days, never really have to take it over 6k rpm after 8k rpm every starts to go blurry

I'm a retro nerd, I own a few bikes but nothing newer than 1960.
>my 1949 Husqvarna
120cc 2-stroke. Not very fast but reliable and comfortable for long rides.

Beta detected

thats a bicycle

bullshit.

I started on a CBR600RR and got bored on it after a few months.

modern V4
wanted one of them for a long time
*drools*

looking to go mt-09
looks like fun in my price range

>150lbs
>19yr
First bike was Yamaha fz1. You get used to the bike if u ride daily. Just be very careful. Know you limits and understand your bike

Lol. Never seen a bicycle do 123 km/h.

I'm actually 22 and 185lbs but I see what you mean

love me the sweet sound of a 2 stroke

That's the problem with

Do not get a 1000. Waaaayyyyy too much bike for a beginner. Even a 600 is so frickin fast. Faster than you will ever need to go. Start on a 600 max. One mistake can be the end. Don't ever forget that. Very little room for error. Wear a helmet even if your state has no helmet law. Always wear a leather jacket, gloves and proper boots. Anyone with experience and intelligence always wears the proper gear. You might not make a mistake, but when granny pulls out in front of you because she didn't see you, proper gear MIGHT save your life.

The GSX-R 1000 forgives. The CBR 1000 RR does not. Suzuki paint will rarely chip, Honda paint will crack/flake. Suzuki wears out perishable parts faster but runs like a nigger on fire. Honda is built to run great forever, as long as you don't fuck up with the engine oil. Suzuki OEM parts are cheaper, but not by much. Go with your gut, they're both good bikes.

> first bike
> supersport 1000cm3

Retard. You'll not able to use 50% of these bikes...
Do like everyone, and get an hornet.

Great advice. Start with no more than a 600.

It all depends on you dude. The guys who say don't get a liter bike are being cautious. If you want it that bad then just get it honestly. Sit on each one and see which one feels more comfortable on your ass, feet, between your legs, on your hand and back, on everything. If you feel confident enough, test ride them. If you don't then just go for whatever. Bikes are like women, one is never enough

>murica
>straight line squids
>recommending 600cc sportbike as first bike

If you want to learn, get something slow user. Then move up when you are confident and bored with your actual bike.

I would recommend something between 125 and 300cc if you aim to hit the twisties.

If you want to show off on the straight, get your liter superbike and die at your first corner encounter.

GSXR L1 rider speaking.

See if you can get a coffin with the bike. You'll need it.

Might as well tel him to get a scooter

1000cc is a bit much for a greenie.

Yeah OP, get a scooter.

The 750 Slingshot is great. Not enough to instakill you but fun and affordable insurance.

My little brothers old Ninja in the background and my 250r that's been completely rebuilt with new parts. Just got it stretched as well. Did 266 km/h on the Mantorp track here in town last summer. Not bad for a 250.
Only problem is the cops is on my ass the second I leave my garage now..

it's pretty important to master your bike riding reflexes (that includes having the ability to ignore some reflexes) and you must be able to do it in a split second. this takes practice

can't you just borrow a less powerful bike from someone? maybe rent one for a while? if you make the slightest mistake like a tiny bit too much throttle in a corner or fucking up with the clutch at the wrong time and you're almost certainly going to crash HARD on a bike like that. underpowered bikes are a lot more forgiving to newbie mistakes

S1000RR 200hp Bike. Best for a greenie.

My dream bike. 2015 lupin blue

How'd you get a 250 to do 266km/h?

It just look like a regular GSX-R 600 with stretched noob arm.

Gas and race parts. My dad owns a shops so I get parts really cheap.

probably very lightweight and with a souped up engine that has a life expectancy of 5000 miles or so before it goes to shit.

1000cc bike as 1st bike, you are going to kill yourself

Are you guys that stupid? It's just a gsxr 600... The guy is just trolling

Current record is 144 km/h on a flat road with no motor pacer.

Downhill and paced records reach 330 km/h

yes, that is a fag bike

How long have you been riding a 125cc?

DO NOT get a 1000cc bike as your first big boy bike, or you will straight up die.

I've been riding a YBR125 for 5 years now, and as the town I live in is so small I've not needed anything bigger. Now it's time though. I'm looking at an SV650 or a GSF600, but I really like the look of the MT07(MT08?).

hey user ..
owned several bike over the years ...I'm 48 had three major accidents where the bike was totaled ..
bike one Kawasaki GPZ900R
first one was an old lady who turned LEFT from the far right lane , went over the top of her hood , only going about 30 miles a hour when I hit the quarter panel destroyed the bike. name : Gladys harmon age 76 lost her license ... beat up pretty good but I walked away from it ..

replacement bike Suzuki GSX-R
the second 4 years later , this time an OLD ASS FUCKING man turned right from the left lane , also in town riding laid the bike down between front and rear tires asshole proceeded to drive over the bike and catch it on the rear bumper nearly folding the bike in half.. beat up again leathers and Helmet saved my life
was 81 years old and also lost his lic. name henry Blackburn

replacement: Honda CX500 water cooled slow as fuck safe bike ......
third and most serious accident on freeway was splitting traffic got into side view mirror of white box truck , he sees me and moves over in his lane to let me by I pass him, gesture thank you to him and start to pull away going about 75 plus mph , 2 seconds later a green maverick driven by a Scott Bastion lane changes in front of me cutting me off , I hit the back of his car at about 70 plus over the handlebars and onto the deck lid and slid off into live traffic ,,oh shit I am gonna die not from the crash but from being driven over ...
no ..but rolling over and over for about 200 or feet ... seeing the rooster tail of the bike scrapping the pavement...thinking it is going to hurt when it hits me ..It doesn't traffic stops ..
I am alive however ths time I am not walking away ..bones and joints pretty fucked up ..neck and skull damage leathers and helmet save life again ...year and 2 monthes in the hospital and therapy mostly okay now but there are good days and really bad days..

What I'm looking at too pal.

advice to you user.. ALWAYS WEAR A HELMET and LEATHERS

two ALWAYS think that NO ONE sees you ever and ride accordingly imagine YOU are invisible ....

three: get a smaller bike in the beginning if your pride will let you ... and be safe user we don't need any more organ donors...

oh almost forgot ..most accidents you are in ... will hardly ever be your fault ..unless you are doing something stupid.. you know like speeding.

Get the GSF 600. It's a cheap and reliable bike, just a tad heavy when you stop

This.

I drive imagining every vehicle is out to kill me. Saves me a close call or worse every day.

It's definitely in my final short list, looks beautiful too.

Used to a ride a 600.
Got rear ended at a red light even though I was standing to the side to avoid just that..
Broken left femur, shattered left elbow, fractured spine and crushed spleen.
8 weeks in the hospital, 9 months of physical therapy and still can't sit on a bike 6 years later..
Be careful, it's not always you that causes the crash.

I had the 600S, faired version. I didn't like the looks when I got it but it really grew on me, plus it's REALLY comfy for long rides and offers good protection. Pic related

Been riding since I was 8, it depends on your riding skill if you should get on a 1000cc and also your personality type. If you are a daredevil then the 1000cc will bite you hard and you will end up being an organ donor if don't live through your mistakes.

I really recommend the 250/300 bikes to get a good feel for it first. Cheaper to buy, great resell value, and you can learn how to ride on something inexpensive and easy to repair.

Take the MSF (or similar in your country) training class. Go to a track day and get some good training there teaching you how to handle the bike under speed.

Once you have a while on the 250/300 sell it and then buy a 600 or liter bike depending on how you did on the 300.

Wear your gear!!! You might be an awesome rider but i promise you the cagers around you are shitty and they will eventually run you over. If you have gear you should be able to survive, if you don't have gear then you will be in some serious pain or dead.

Be safe Sup Forumsro and have fun!

Been riding 20+ years. Your first bike is going to be a 1000cc race bike? You are a fucking idiot. Buy a shitty beat up learner bike no more than 500cc.

I LOVE the look of it with circular lamps.

You mean the naked version or the lenticular lights of the faired version ? Just look at this face man

r8 my budget bike

You have a very skewed definition of reliable and comfortable. Cool bike tho.

get something, cheap, used and disposable because you will go down at least once.
when you can ride good then buy the dream bike.

>first motorcycle
>thinking about getting a liter bike
Well you're a dumbass.

Nekkked

Getting a 1000 cc anything with an R in the model name is probably not appropriate for your first bike. Even if you've ridden dirt bikes before. Are you 15 or something? I get being young, dumb, and full of cum, but there's absolutely nothing good that could come of your choice.

But it is.. Did 2500 km on it last year, zero problems. The seat is suspended on springs so that eats up bumps in the road.
Feels like riding a armchair.

first bike a litre hahha your going to die

Hey guise! I'm thinking about getting my first tattoo. What do you think?

Here here,

Ducati St4-s
Kawaski Er6-n
Honda Cx-500-c

And to your point, my first bike was the Ducati. My model has 150+hp. i'm still alive just play safe your first year, resist the urge to accelerate etc etc.

It has nothing to do with the liters, litter bike is more comfortable to drive in speedways and so on. in the city 500-750cc bikes, are more preferred, nimbly easy to handle lightweight. When driving to work i use my Ducati basically daily, i clock something like 90-110 kilometers to it every day, and when i have a feelings of playfulness i switch to the ER. When i go to the bike shows or general parties with bikes ( trade shows ) i take my cx. any of these bikes will get you killed in second s if you are idiot and don't know what you are doing. As a first bike i would recommend something with torque ( 2 cylinders or 3 ) first bike buy cheap 2-3 thousand euros / dollars and invest to you gear at least 1k. Torgue saves you when speed is low and you don't have rpm behind the clutch.

Just keep the old motorcyclists slogan in mind. ( There are motorists who have crashed, and there are those who will crash )

( bitches love bikes, and they love bikers more who wear the proper gear hence the image )

Welcome to the family be safe and be careful.

agreed, get a 650cc or 750cc one

no pics anymore, but I had a 2004 HD sportster 1200 custom. The thing was ridiculous and sexy. I started on a 250cc Yamaha dirtbike though, bought it for like 2 grand off of a buddy, it was already street legal and everything.

I got my 2010 YBR125 off a mate who bought it factory new and his gf was too scared of him dying. Sold me it with about 200 miles on the clock for £1000. Still going perfect today.

How do you like the G 310R as a bike in general?

dont be pussy and get the Hayabusa

nice, the yamaha was an '09 (not that it matters much on dirtbikes) and only had about 1k miles on it, it was so damn fun to ride.

This.

fjr1300es recent upgrade from a fz6.

looks nice user
i don't like the big windshield or the side containers though. do they get in the way?

side cases are removable and there's always aftermarket options for a shorter windscreen. the bike is classified as a super-sport touring bike.

biggest plus is its shaft driven meaning no chain maintenance or rear wheel alignments.

so pretty bike dude

I would get a KTM 390 for a starter bike if I had it to do over, they didn't have Bikes that cool looking 25 years ago

UK? I want to start dirt biking, but I don't own a van or trailer or fuck all lol.

/Thread

Why not an R1?