For or against net neutrality?

For or against net neutrality?
More than 50% of americanons will lose access to Sup Forums, but a shitload more redditors will lose access to reddit. I dunno anons, this seems like a good deal to me.

only poor people have a reason to care

Why would anyone actually be for it? I get that businesses might be for it, but individuals?

Only small businesses trying to compete in a world in which digital marketing is a necessity have a reason to care. I thought conservatives were in favor of competition and free markets. Then again, conservative voters believed the same about Trump and look how that turned out.

I don't get it either. Also, forget pirating certain stuff...

Because I live in America, and as such I have the freedom to go to whatever fucking website I want to, and say whatever the fuck I want to. Or are you so cucked that you're okay with the government telling you what bread you can eat?

Forget accessing anything except 1000 whitelisted websites.

>i unironically support murican freedom in this case

blah blah blah im not poor so why should i care about small businesses. cant relate

Snapchat:irb123

Well I guess you like facebook, youtube and amazon? Because every other site will be nearly unopenable. And forget online gaming. I too think, that is pretty nice.

say that to my 2 gb fiberwire connection

Why the fuck would anyone be against net neutrality?

Because a bunch of Senators whose pockets have been stuffed with cash by Spectrum, Comcast, and AT&T told old people and rednecks that net neutrality is communism and a liberal conspiracy to silence their speech and take their guns.

And people wonder why the US is hated.

That doesn't change shit, didn't you look it up? Net neutrality doesn't happen on your end, so your speed means shit. Provider want to charge companies for extra money, so they don't get slowed down. Now, what sites are able to pay?

Even worse scenario in the UK. They want a government controlled and regulated internet.

I can't find a site that properly explains this concept

I understand that net neutrality is about treating all information on the internet equally, but in reality what does it come to, and how can it be enforced?

Am I safe with Frontier?

I don't wonder. Sadly, I'm fully aware of why we're hated, and I can't blame anyone. We are willfully ignorant, greedy, selfish pigs who act like spoiled children and don't give two shits about how our actions and habits impact the rest of the world.

>Amerifats get banned from Sup Forums
nothing wrong with this

Packages and IPs are at the moment all treated the same by ISPs. That means every user request to a server and the answer get a little bit of the network (For that you should look into network structure and end to end delay)

ISP now want to charge companies extra money and want to give the paying companies priority in their network (end to end delay with priority) slowing down every non paying site.

Completely against it

>slowing down every non paying site.
If it weren't for this, I may not have such a big problem with all this. I have no problem with the idea of some companies being able to pay more for faster delivery to clients. But the idea of slowing down sites that can't or won't pay just to be greedy dicks pisses me the fuck off.

How does net neutrality offer a solution to this and how can it be enforced

After all this priority system seems like something that would be difficult to prove unless you had access to the ISP's information

And honestly, I live in Australia and my internet is barely functional. Sometimes my ping to google can be counted in seconds (when it's really slow) so I doubt giving priority speeds would really make a difference for me

Net neutrality is going to end soon. It doesn't matter what anyone thinks is best because it profits businesses who will then pass some on to the head of the FCC when he leaves office. All the extra money will go to their high level executives and will not go to improve their businesses. American will continue to have shitty internet services while profiting the those "in charge". Then as usual the Trump supporters will kneel down and suckle his man bag for being awesome.

If you live in Australia it wouldn't effect you

Future:

>People will no longer be able to surf the internet and access anything from their homes like in the wild west days of the internet.
>big companies get their way and the internet turns into pay to win
>the general public has to find a way around filtered and censored internets
>people create VPN "islands" around the world.
>people are forced to leave their houses and interact with the rest of the world to get the unfiltered information they need
>people start to relearn social skills
>memes become a thing of the past, the world progresses
>big business and big government sees this and looks to clamp down on train/plane/inter state and country travel
>wez cyberpunk now

If your getting packets from American servers it will effect everyone, world wide.

>People wil no lo-
>World War III

You can easily test it. Since you can compute the server response and RT time, you can either calculate it or use some software. Also dns throttling can be tested.
So it is basically enforcement by the user, since they then can sue the ISP.

trump wants it so I want it.

>america throttles the rest of the world
>rest of the world replaces services previously offered by america
>america becomes third world shithole because most of their economy is service-related, which is increasingly digital

Won't happen.

I'm a democrat not a conservative.

Yeah this Theresa bitch is obsessed with it. Just because nobody wants her nudes.

Terrorists have bombed Manchester. I know! take away internet freedom, that'll deal with it.

whats actually going to happen;
>big business gets their way
>huge protests across america
>millions of people
>they do it anyway
>everyone gives in and accepts it

i hate how pathetic we all are.