I was diagnosed with schizophrenia today, starting meds in 3 days. What do Sup Forums? Also, feels thread

I was diagnosed with schizophrenia today, starting meds in 3 days. What do Sup Forums? Also, feels thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

giyf.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There's always time for a feels thread my man.
Shitty relationship problem here, it sucks

Gonna bump this shit

which med is it?

Quetiapine

Stop smoking weed

Start creating some art.
Get wicked.
You'll earn some cash along the way.

I don't smoke weed user.

Don't start now, but seriously you should start working out and cut off all the unhealthy shit that you are doing bc it helps alot

hey dude, just try to be glad you got a diagnosis so things will start to get better. hang in there Sup Forumsro

Jeah fuck love

maybe ask yourself?

This, a least you have a name to what is happening to you, I have some shit too but I'm so anxious that I won't go to the doctor

That's the thing with love it only hurts if you care, and God knows that I cared too much and she dont give a fuck.
Well fuck me backwards

Dont do meds.
Dont get "help".

They say you are ill, i say you are just different.
Be different, be CrAzY, it could be your biggest strength.

schizo here. no meds, no problem. your first mistake was going to a psychiatrist OP.

Be careful with all those edges my friend, you could hurt yourself

wew lads

please do go user. It will actually help you, and could totally relieve you of it. They wont force you to do anything you dont like

Not op, but if you aren't diagnosed I don't believe you, it just sounds like an edgy teenage kid trying to impress people on the internet

How's high school going, you future school shooter fuck?

This edgelord is only partially correct. Don't take meds, they're only going to ruin your life even more, but don't be a pretentious cunt for being CrAzY and different.

rn user here. beware the meds. get away from psychiatrists. lawyers of the doctorz. all bullshit. thats is all.

I love this shit. You will sleep like a baby
How much are they putting you on

I do know this is the best for me but I'm always too scared to go. I feel like shit everyday besides that since a can remember had those suicidal thoughts, don't gonna do anything but it gets you eventually and I'm just tired of it

Been there done that. Let me tell you a secret, in the end of the day no one really cares about anybody but themself

Its now a YLYL/Cringe thread

Yeah, right? Schizophrenia is only cool to faggots like you. It runs in my family, I was diagnosed as a kid, my mom dragged me through the mud and I was so drugged up till she put me in foster care. I know I have it, for instance I can listen to the sound of a fan and hear noises in it that aren't there. I see things that aren't there, like in the dark if I see a black object on the ground I can think it's an animal that's moving around and when I get closer it's just a rock or a tree stump or something. I can see things moving in the dark, etc. I don't know what you think schizophrenia is - mine is residual I believe, but it's not some batman joker shit. You wouldn't even know I had it if you met me. I would explain more but I don't care to.

i dont think med are a problems . Maybe (depend of the persons ) you need to talk about it with your friend/family and they will help you to pass this test .

i hope the best for you!

isnt that the vietnam army officer executed? do you have the vid?

I think 50mg. Let's hope it works. I haven't slept for 3 days because I stopped my Ambien and the voices are just getting worse.

Could you describe your daily thought process? I'm genuinely curious.

Where did that misconception even come from that Schizophrenia is cool and or edgy? It's just your warped perception of the collective conscious.. it's your personal delusion, Honestly I'm offended. Most schizos are on recreational drugs and extremely isolated with few or no friends, if any true human connection at all. It's really not that fucking cool, whatever you think it is - it's not.

The seroquel should get your sleep back on track. Is that really all they prescribed you? 50mg?

Edgy the Edgelord

>Gotta go Edgy

Obviously you responded to an entertainment post. Why bother?

It's hard to explain. I have to second check everything to figure out if I'm hallucinating or not, and I have to second check every thought because I don't know if it's a delusion or not. The wired part is I know I'm not catching everything so I don't know what's real.

They're seeing how 50 goes than they will increase it in a week if they think it's a good idea.

No, but he smiles on the pic :-)

It's not some cinematic shit where you're sitting in a padded cell in a straight jacket foaming at the mouth seeing demons everywhere.

So fuck you,

that's a total falsification, maybe somebody somewhere is like that but that's so fucking rare. For me I've thought about it and I'd identify the condition as a filter over my mind. Like a cloud in my head I can hardly ever tune out of back into normal void meditating consciousness. And all the while I know it's there and I know what it is. I want to think most people are this way. It's sort of like being tuned into your normal consciousness AND some other kind of mental program at the same time. But it's easy to retain and hold onto the one that everyone else is tuned into.

I could tell you what do if you elaborate:

Are you diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, or schizophreniform?

thats the 1st "gore"-ish video I have seen, and it was shown to me at school by our history teacher
>shit was cash when I was the only who didn't say ewww

Paranoid schizophrenia doesn't exist in the dsm-v dude. It's just schizophrenia.

That may have been confusing to read but what I mean by the "filter" comment is that it's like you're receiving extra input/signals/information on top of normal consciousness, but it's not that hard to ignore it. You don't lose yourself in it unless you're on all kinds of psychiatric drugs getting programmed by people.

This OP. Be very careful with meds. Psychiatrists have no idea what they're doing.

What are your symptoms?

Entertaining

Its definitely not just schizophrenia, there are types of schizophrenia

WTF are you talking about buddy, you have not only schizophrenia but autism too

No shit. I'll give you free advice that will fall on deaf ears. Take dextromethorphan - it turns my schizophrenia off and allows me to void meditate. I take 225mg at a time, it lasts for about 4-5 hours and has a longer afterglow

try dmt first

do you ever feel like your thoughts are being broadcasted when you are "tuned in" so to speak? Or perhaps maybe you feel as though others can broadcast their thoughts to you?

voices in my head are telling me to chop my dick off, they are watching me, i dont know who but they have me on surveillance 24/7 laughing at me and taking pictures of while i sleep, maybe if i chop my dick off they will finally leave me alone, i like milk its funny to see other side of life when everything is grey

Sounds like a living hell. I hope you get better, user.

Noice

Need a safe space faggot?

Been on meds for eight months but stopped taking them two weeks ago, they make me too tired and feel like shit, sometimes the paranoia and fear is worth it

Thanks for the kind words user

Heres a website with all the symptoms that are known for shizo

giyf.com

Helped me alot

We're drifting away of the subject here buddy

50 will knock you out brother

Just for background: How old are you? How long have you had the symptoms?

two weeks ago my dogo died in my hand

Don't worry user, it will be fine, carry on

Avoid mess as long as you can, if you can. Anti-psychotics can be worse than your symptoms, especially if you take them long term. Also avoid alcohol, amphetamines, weed, and nicotine. Schizophrenics tend to self medicate with one or more of these, and they can seemingly help at first. Long term they can intensify or trigger episodes.

Avoid religion. Seriously. I'm not saying become an atheist if you have religious beliefs. I'm saying avoid dwelling on them, and avoid churches that preach doom and gloom. Even well meaning, nice religious folks can cause you problems though. They don't understand the way your mind works. Where they may find comfort in scriptures or prayers, you will inevitably become obsessed and bothered by them. They will also enable you and encourage flaky thinking so long as your doing it in the name of the faith. At least until you fall off the deep end, and then you'll be on your own. It's not just religion either. Being a militant atheist would be the same. Being overly conscious of politics, particularly reactionary and/or identity politics. Instead focus on activities that calm you, clear your head, and perhaps force you to think rationally.

Don't be quick to tell people of your illness. Your loved ones are one thing. They need to understand as best they can, and have open dialog with you. Others, not so much. You are statistically far more likely to be assaulted or murdered by others, that they are you. The word schizophrenia scares people.

If you hear voices, try to reach an understanding with them. They are real in that they are a product of your own mind. They are a part of you. It's your brain trying to communicate with you, but of course in an abnormal way. Make work for you, or at least not disrupt your life anymore than necessary. Basically know and understand yourself. Be at peace with yourself.