Liga MX

How do I get into Mexican football?

How does Apertura and Clausura work?

Over rated league. Shitty players. High paid

Why overrated?

In the whole season August to July, there are two tournaments. They play with each team once, then the top 8 got to Quarterfinals. We got a champion
The next tournament, they play the same schedule but in the other field (home or away). Same process. Relegation it's once a year at it takes the results from the last 3 years.

What teams are the bad guys?

There are several kinds of teams
The Big 4
>America - Hated by everyone, their slogan is literally "Hate me more"
>Chivas - Only play with mexicans
>Cruz Azul - Masters of losing games in the last 5 minutes. Eternal sadness for their fans
>Pumas - The National University team, most fans haven't reach high school.

Then we got the northern ones
>Tigres - They got big bucks and spent a lot of money lately, they goy Gignac
>Monterrey - Same as Tigres, but cold-chest players
>Santos - Weird ones, they seem to have a good organization, but haven't been sucefull
>Tijuana - Is the team...from TIJUANA

The others
>Atlas - Haven't won shit in 50 years. Is not even funny anymore
>The others

Who are the best players at the moment?

I'll say Gignac, Rui Diaz (A Peruvian in a really shitty team but really good), Rafa Marquez (He's like 38 but still has the touch). There are other good players, but I can't remember others that mean so much for their teams.

How often do fights happen?

Not different from Campeonato Brasileiro

Great fights of the whole team, maybe once a year or every two years. 1vs1 fights is more common, but not something that happens every week.

There's like 1 million south americans playing, of course there's chimpouts.
So far we got one guy baned over a spit. Got 6 games for that.

What are the biggest rivalries and derbies of Liga MX?

Real ones:
>America vs Guadalajara
>America vs Cruz Azul
>Guadalajara vs Atlas
>Monterrey vs Tigres
The rest are just memes

Chivas - America is the clásico
Monterrey - Tigres is the norteño clásico

The most important is America vs Chivas, as they are the two most popular teams. And is the match of the Capital against the 2nd most important city.

Any game between the big 4 have rivalry. America vs Cruz Azul and vs Pumas are good.

TIgres vs Monterrey derbie is good too, maybe the 2nd most important match. And Atlas vs Chivas is the derbie from Guadalajara. Everything else is just regional rivalry and not that important.

What team(s) have the best fans?
What team(s) have the worst fans?

Tigres fans are cancer, but they are supportive.
All teams have their cancer fanbase, there's not really a clear one to pick, maybe Atlas, poor souls.

Tigres, Monterrey, Xolos and Pachuca are the teams that sell out.

Could you tell me the stereotype of them?

>America - Corrupt Rich or criminals that rob people to go to the matches
>Cruz Azul - Builders
>Pumas - Same as America. Some Students.
>Tigres and Monterrey. Norteños, rednecks of Mexico
>Atlas - Masochist.
>Everyone else it's a small regional team.

America = Utd/Chelsea
Chivas = Arsenal
Pumas =Tottenham/West Ham
Cruz Azul = Liverpool
Atlas = West Brom
Monterrey/Tigres= ManCity with autistic arsenal-like fanbase
Tijuana = Leicester
The rest are literally who. Toluca has a lot of titles but everyone forgets about them.

oh shit, my lmx and pl teams match up.

also pls no bully, my main is an mlels team.

Cont.
Pachuca - Southampton + some league titles
Leon - City
Jaguares - Swansea
Veracruz - Newcastle/Stoke
Puebla - West Ham
Necaxa - QPR
Queretaro - Millwall/Bournemouth
Morelia - Hull/Burnley
Santos - Everton

How often does refball happen?

Every. Single. Game. Usually against both sides. Our refs are awful.

Does América always get refball to win?
When does América get refball, do people lose their minds?

Yeah, they are the ones that get bad decisions on their favor more often but no matter how much the refs helps them they can't do shit if their players chimp out every other game and get reds.

This has been going on since the 80s so people is already used to it.

Fucking bs. We get favored/fucked by refs as often as any other club. People just notice it more since >le America pays referees meme made people paranoid. We have gotten so many red cards and penalties against us in crucial moments in the past years that it doesn't make sense anymore.

>WE DINDU NUFFIN, WE DA GOOD BOYZ

we literally dindu though

t. Rubens Sambueza

I mean, look at Oribe's pose of "holy fuck, not again"

I know most of >our players chimp out constantly, most of these cards are well deserved and most penalties against >us are too because Goltz, Aguilar and now Edson Alvarez fuck up too much inside the box. I'm just saying that we don't get especially favored from referees' calls as people make it seem, if they were paying the refs we would have at least 2 or 3 more titles in the last 5 years.

How good are these teams compared to Sweden's brave Malmö FF?

>MLS in the same level as Liga MX

What did he mean by this?

Not so much.

Tijuana, Monterrey, Tigres, Pachuca and America could easily beat them.

Then your league is pretty good.

i like how teams add a star to their crest for every championship they win

I actually like that, seems nice tho

Think of it like the Bundesliga but instead they hand out trophies after the first and second tournament are over instead of just taking a winter break and giving one big trophy at the end also playoff system which is stupid.

Hinrunde and Rückrunde sort of thing.

i wasn't being sarcastic bruv

Nahuel is best goalkeeper

All the time just watch the highlights from the final that just took place

>Cruz Azul
>Liverpool

Holy shit my sides

>being this fucking accurate
10/10

>America = Utd/Chelsea
>chelsea
fuck off, te la paso del utd pero del chelsea no

CHIVAS

Liga Mx is good but I think Copa is better. Some of the match ups are really interesting and most games are played by guys who have to show they're worthy

Liga Mx is highly competitive on its own, it's quite probable that the last on the table beats 3-0 the one on the top. But one step outside Mexico and all teams become crap.

Prices of players, specially mexican players, are extremely inflated, at least one striker with a mediocre record and 31+ years has been sold for more than 5 million dollars. Fans are also shit, stadiums are usually kind of empty when their team is outside the top 10, Chivas (supposedly the most popular club in the country) had serious attendancy problems for a while; teams rarely have their own chants and always steal chants from Argentina, actually some idiotic chairmens have paid some argie hooligans to teach mexicans how to act in a football match.

Honestly the only good thing about the league is that it actually has some balance between teams, anyone can lose against any team but even that has gone to shit, with teams who have been able to get a fuckton of foreigners. Not so long ago small teams used to be able to get one huge player from Uruguay, Argentina, Paraguay or Ecuador once in a while...now small teams very rarely get anything slightly intresting and always end up selling the kind of good players very quickly

>santos
>not succesful
Mate...

Also, pumas is the sjw team.

>tfw my thread is still alive

Hey mexiboos I switched to another cable service and now I apparently get every single match on tv. Which team do I bandwagon?

xoloitzcuintles

Tigres

>asked the mexican posters
>these posts
>those flags

We're retaking Aztlan

bet on monterrey first half

Xolos

Cruz Azul, lad
trust me

I wonder who could be behind this post

Just jump over the fence

fugg i got caught DD:

Only know Tigres because of Gignac, back then it was a huge surprise when he went to MX

what's your burgerball team?

lolno
america=united (muh big, currently shit)
chivas=liverpool (can't even get close enough to choke)
pumas have won too much shit the last 20 years to be tottenham
cruz azul =arsenal
tigres=chelsea
monterrey=manC
tijuanna=lester

the rest are irrelevant

Chivas is Arsenal (MUH YOUNSTERS), Cruz Azul is Liverpool (THIS IS OUR YEAR LA).

Pumas would be West Ham is West Ham won trophies every now and then.

>Atlas - Masochist.
What?

rival is the second most winner team while they only have 1 league from 50 years ago on a league when literally everyone can win it, and it doesn't looks like they can win it on the future now that league is moving to a the richs always win paradigm

choking is the main thing of both arsenal and cruz azul, muh history is the main thing of liverpool and chivas

Necaxa

We should have a Liga MX general

It doesn't look that bad on paper but it has been tried before and is a shitfest, a thread every weekend is healthier for everyone.

this

OP just bandwagon a team Ronaldinho played in or Tigres cause of based crazy Tuca

No, you're wrong.
I want to watch Liga MX to improve my Spanish listening

Lads remember the time chivas beat peps barca 4-1 lol they were fucking shit in league

Still Is, we don't get It either he could have gone to a better team. At the time he was the 2nd best goal scorer In france...wtf

What about Pachuca?

Join us every weekend, someone will surely post streams at some point.

They are a weird case, a very competent organization, the best youth system in the league, good if somewhat small fanbase, by any right they should be one of the big teams of the league, but because they are owned by Carlos Slim and Televisa/TV Azteca hate him the team seems irrelevant.

Is Apertura over?

Apertura runs from July to December, Clausura from January to May. Tigres won Apertura and we are on week 4 of Clausura

Santos are the good guys

pachuca being pachuca is a bigger burden to their irrelevancy than the fight vs televisa

slim solo tiene una parte no es el socio mayoritario, iirc

how was I wrong? he played for Querétaro

How will the wall affect Liga MX?

So fucking what?

Girls who can/do cross their legs like second from the left get me rock hard

i like tigres/monterrey, they seem like they always havea good exciting attacking players

also, why does toluca always play their home matches sunday at 1pm? do they not have lights or something

t. not a CHI-

Tigres just got the chilean who was responsible for 4 goals In the 7-0 game
>TOP KEKS

tbqh we are getting too stacked, is going to be troublesome if we don't make it to japan

toluca used to have shitty lighting yes but i think it is now a tradition for them and televisa like pumas playing at 12 pm

lmao

Vargas is fucking shit in clubs carnal, and playing for tuca is going to be even worse

yee but we cant put him on the bench like delort or fernandez, nor sosa

not official yet

Pachuca is not really relevant because everyone in Hidalgo was already a Cruz Azul fan

What are the Liga MX's memes?

mocking cruz azul

too much to name

you should visit /ligamx/ to get familiar with the league

>pumas
>mostly high schoolers
>kek

checked and kekd

This, except that Santos provide their best to the bad guys. Like how they're playing this season with 4 youth system players as starters. Rodriguez looks like a killer and Oswaldito is reassuring in the midfield. Furch needs to start producing.

Cruz Azul/Frustrating

Amierdica- Que chinge su madre
Too many to name desu