eww

>let their song be used in an xbox commercial

wtf i love capitalism now

youtube.com/watch?v=Zt1gbbpIa24

>implying that's not satire

wtf I love pedophilia now

Vs is better desu

Nah

Danny Elfman was pretty right-wing in the early 80s. He didn't become a bleeding heart until after he got into Hollywood.

What? Only a handful of Mission of Burma songs seem explicitly political to me.

I probably need to listen to them both again desu
But imo they both have some of the songs of the fuckin decade (Academy Fight Song vs Trem Two) but Vs is a little more consistent quality-wise

Andy Gill dropped any and all pretenses of artistry and social/political authenticity(though GO4's Reads-Marx-once posturing was pretty hard to take seriously to begin with) and spent years trying to reinvent himself as a new wave popstar the second Gang Of Four managed to score a moderate chart hit with I Love A Man In Uniform.
Gang Of Four were full of shit and you shouldn't mistake their lyrics for anything particularly profound or genuine. Leftist politics were just an aesthetic choice for them, the same way big hair and shitloads of lipstick and black eyeliner were an aesthetic choice for The Cure.

he's been saying it's satire since the release

Not surprised really, very few musicians (or people for that matter) practice what they preach

>Gang Of Four were full of shit and you shouldn't mistake their lyrics for anything particularly profound or genuine. Leftist politics were just an aesthetic choice for them, the same way big hair and shitloads of lipstick and black eyeliner were an aesthetic choice for The Cure.

i love the first two gang of four albums and to a lesser degree even the third one but yeah, this is true
"i love a man in uniform" remains one of the most embarrassing and clueless attempts at a character study of right-wing blowhards ever recorded

wtf i hate globalism now

kek

youtube.com/watch?v=eabefjsJsAQ

Bro Forbidden Zone is about how stupid and repressive he thinks America is