Green Bay Packers

Friendly Daily Reminder:

The Green Bay Packers are the greatest football franchise in the world with the most tiles at 13 World Championships

>muh super bowls are the only possible criteria to judge greatness
>so its GB's fault they won everything that was in front of them prior to the SB era, and they should be penalized for it
>implying Lambeau and Lombardi's teams wouldn't have run a train on any AFC opponent they faced if the SB existed for all their years

>muh Super Bowl era
Strong circumstantial meme argument, friendo

The Yankees are seen as the greatest franchise in any sport, yet 20 of their 27 titles came at a time where playoffs didn't exist, and they just had to win the World Series
But you never hear about
>muh pre-playoff era titles
Not ever are their titles discounted.

Additionally, the NFL was VASTLY superior to the AFL at the time. Lombardi would have literally been at least a 14 point favorite in every game and he would have won 5 SBs out of 7 seasons in the 60s. This gives GB 7 practical SBs not even counting prior titles

To be a truly all time great franchise, you need sustained success throughout history (see Yankees). This rules out historically successful franchises like the Browns and Bears, cause they have been irrelevant for over 50 years

GB has won a title in 6 different decades
>Shittsburgh has won in 2 different decades despite being founded in 1933 fukkin lmao
>Cowcucks 2 different decades lmao
>Fagers 2 different decdes kek

All the other great franchises were SHIT and IRRELEVANT for the vast majority of their existence

GB has won with 3 different QBs, 3 different coaches and were elite for the last 100 years except for the 70s and 80s

You really think 2 SBs is > than the 7 more titles that GB has over Shittsburgh?

AT BEST, you can discount GB's non-Super Bowl titles. Say 50% value out of 9 titles = 5 valued Super Bowls + 4 Super Bowls
= 9 SUPER BOWLS

GET FUCKED PEASANTS

didn't read lol

fudgepackers are shit, your QB is gay, kill yourself

>being this upset

>not an argument

>tfw if the arbitrary criteria i.e. (((super bowl era))) were imposed on the Yankees in the playoff-era they would only have 7 titles
>tfw no one ever does this because they won a championship that has the same name as today in the world series, yet to win a world series is not even remotely the same as today

>tfw logic and history
Not even once

>not existing since 1898 and only having two championships and 10 playoff appearances
Are the puckers even trying?

you misspelled green gay

>tfw they win SB #5 with Godgers the tard media will say they are now as great as Fagers and Cowcucks
>tfw they win SB #6 with Godgers they will now only be as great
>tfw professional football didn't exist before 1967

Black dude in that pic looks Photoshopped in

Lol holy shit you Packersfags are the worst.

Your team is gone, no one here wants to put up with your shit anymore. At least wait until your garbage team and overrated QB are playing again before you start talking a bunch of shit.

I cannot wait to see the Patriots stomp the Falcons, if for no other reason that Green Bay will realize just how inferior they are.

>implying
The Packers got absolutely stomped by the Falcons and Cowcuck fans just treat it as a victory for them instead of realising "Oh hey, that team that just got utterly and hopelessly BTFO destroyed us last week, maybe we suck"

[ ] argument
[x] not an argument

if the packers were the greatest franchise in the world, why arent they playing in the superbowl?

Do the Yankees win every year?

Even the GOATs fall down sometimes

Packers, Yankees, nobody else in the same league

why are you so mad tho
also repeating digits

If you're so great, why can't you recover an onside kick?

Best post of the year
>burrs btfo

Huh

But a week ago you were so sure you would beat the Falcons. Nice backpedal mate. If we are going to play history we might as well make this a Cowboys Thread.

Whoa thought I was in a steelers thread for a minute.
Btw, Aaron Faggers literally takes cock in the ass and has no clutch

I propose a new metric, "effective championships", that puts an emphasis on recent championships and the formula is as follows:

1-0.01*(current year-year of championship)*f

where f is the "fluke championship factor" where a team fails to make the playoffs the following year, thus proving their championship was a fluke. for now, let's just say f=0.8

ie: Denver's Owl last year will be 0.792 effective championships. NE's Owl two years ago will be 0.98 effective championships,

>Clay Matthews
I'm glad this guy got a ring more than Rodgers. His dad and uncle are football legends and he's a great guy that punishes QBs.

t. shats fan

Calculate all the owls then big boi

Too bad you'll be dead before they win another SB

Godgers has 5 elite years left and will win 2

Deal with it

I am glad u hav diabetus

How does it feel that you will never know the feel of having the greatest trophy in the world named after the God himself of your franchise? That every team worships his name?

Everyone else are literally peasants, it's quite the laugh

Doesn't matter how much I watch videos of this play, it will always seem to me that that pass was caught out of bounds

>Green Day Packers
Shouldn't the band sue this team?

Remember the last time Shitcago tricked the world into believing they were relevant?

Yeah

True, we should all be a bit jealous of the Redskins

Why does he still have the belt? He was supposed to give it up after he lost 10 fucking years ago

Remember when the Packers had to come crawling to George Halas to build them a new stadium because the city of Green Bay didn't want them anymore?

How do we save our defense?

Can we pick up T.J Watt and still fix our secondary?

>crawling
>like when Halas had to take out a loan from the Packers just to meet his payroll?

What kind of a peasant filth franchise are you? 2nd largest city in the country can't even pay their players

Pathetic

Fear not user. A lot can change in an off season once a team shifts focus

Denver went from 27th in pass D after getting torched in 2013
to 9th in 2014
to 1st in 2015

Godgers will have 2 more titles once he gets a defense