Does this diversity feel natural to you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RaoYoXdBZLc
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_Picture_Association_of_America_film_rating_system
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the trailer felt closer to the wild wild west than the original. not expecting much from this

>a black guy among bunch of white guys
>diversity

uhhh, i think this has been done before

WE

its just a generic hollywood blockbuster. theyve always had diverse casts no matter the setting. youre triggered over nothing

>indian guy, probably close with nature
check
>asian guy, probably will be with sword
check

It's part of Amy Pascal's legacy in Sony.
I don't expect it to be decent.
It will flop.

Do japanese movies and indian bolywood movies get token white guys and a black guy as well?

>diversity
>female lead not credited

Injuns are always so uppity, wish they were wiped out completely and that whites never bred their women

I honestly don't care even if they were all green skinned. The movie looks like garbage that I won't ever watch.

Yes, but will still probably be shit.

a Western with an Indian and a Chinaman?
never seen that before...

doesn't count, only 1 is human

>PG-13

did they run out of money after casting denzel and pratt?

who would you like to see there?

wild west

>whites
yep
>injuns
yep
>ching chongs
yeah, but not as much
>blacks
wut?

some WoC perhaps

>ching chongs
>yeah, but not as much
wrong
unless they will be on railroad building
or on western coast there would be zero chinks around mexican borders
and even if some woul be there, they will be extremely self concerned, would not join someone else
they would be a unit, a family

where are all the cowgirls
where is all the outrage

/s

Lots of Asians coming in to California. Lots of blacks going west, either before the Civil War to escape slavery or after it to start over new lives as free people.

The western US was pretty diverse. Still probably mostly white, but plenty of others in more metropolitan areas especially.

Since the characters are probably all roguish outlaw types that care more for a man's skills and word than his colour, I find this perfectly fine.

Still will probably be shit, but the "diversity" doesn't bother me.

Uh boobs

This movie
>Ripped off of a Samurai movie
>A film set in the wild-west, a place with blacks, Indians, Chinese
>A genre who's entire premise is people from different strata/cultures/ideologies coming together to defeat a common foe for numerous different reasons
>Op moans about diversity

Wait what!

There were a surprisingly large number of black cowboys

Hes supposed to be a outlaw right?. maybe he killed someone working at the railroad and ran away and joined these guys. There i solved your Sup Forums problem

Chinese were everywhere un the west.

have to watch for le french pussy destroyer

Thank you.

Every version of the movie carried this idea. The criticism here is like how any more with a female co-star that doesn't just flop around helplessly is "omg so much forced feminizm".

except south and east and north and middle

>only 1 is human
>is fucking a white male
that's a fail for diversity

I'm OK with the Injun and the Beaner, its a western.

The China is a bit iffy, he looks way too western like he's just some normal dude who happens to be Chinese because its 2016, so why not.
Also its cliche as fuck, the quiet, stoic assassin who probably only uses knives/swords.
Maybe it would be better if he was in Qing dynasty folk clothes. Really everyone's fashion in the poster screams 2016. Not really a period piece.

The black dude is where I lost it. I know Hollywood loves BBC. And you can shove them into any movie. But the leader of the group in the 19th century? That shit wouldn't have even gone down in New York City at that time.

Did anyone else think it was weird that they made a point in suicide squad to show that killer croc was black and that the aztec god dude was also cgi black? Seemed kinda unnecessary

> entire premise is people from different strata/cultures/ideologies coming together to defeat a common foe

Which movies you were watching?
It was always about finding strength when desperate, fight forces that are seemingly stronger than you

there never was some sociological aspect of getting castes or racies or sexes together

Am I the only one who finds filled donuts incredibly disappointing?

to be honest, yeah.

>people flipping out over black cowboy
Yes, because we've never seen that before.

>I have to acknowledge that people of other racist exist and that they are equal to me and I don't like that

>>Ripped off of a Samurai movie
It's not a "ripoff", it was an official remake

also, as if Asians haven't remade other countries movies. They remade Unforgiven in 2013
youtube.com/watch?v=RaoYoXdBZLc

In the original everyone was Japanese.
Inserting diversity is an offense against the Japanese culture.

no one is flipping out
people just comment, calmly
and I personally find it highly unlikely that in 1800 bunch of white guys would follow the lead of a nigger
mexicans+white I get, its absolutely plausible
but adding asians, indians, feels like they are doing it by some playbook
if they make one of the guys gay as well you would know for sure that integration SJW officers got their hands all over it

I find it interesting that Italians seemed more willing and more commonly had black guys who played a role in the movies. It always stood out to me in the Bud Spencer/Terrance Hill Westerns.

Honestly? Yeah it does

Have you seen the Seven Samurai
>Fake Samurai
>1x embittered Ronin whome cuts his hair cuz zero fucks are given
>1x Comic relief
>1x Newb
>1x Sidekick who's seen it all
>1x Proper Samurai, honour respect etc
>1x Archer dude

Who am I missing, the Redshirt probably

DIVERSITY!

and? its like saying that some WW2 german movie had diversity because the crew of Tiger tank consistent of a drunk, comic relief, leader, and a newb...

they are not breaking social norms like
>getting chinese guy
>korean special fighter
>okinawa drunk
>woman dressed as a guy showing everyone how strong woman can be

The group in Seven Samurai are absolutely breaking social norms for the time and place they live. Helping filthy peasants like they are is breaking those norms as well.

>all wearing edgy black
>diverse

If you're going to reboot a remake of a samurai flick, at least have a lick of originality. I'd rather go watch the originals again.

Wouldn't this basically be what the West looked like demographically? Majority white, some black and some Asians who came over to build railroads?

>The West was 100% white

oh ok

exactly

i don't wanna watch movies where whites cuck themselves to appease other

fuck everyone non-white

nope
there were extremely low number of asians unless you litteraly worked on a very specific railroads
and blacks in the wild west were uncommon, majority were still working on plantation in the south

white and mexicans were 99.99%

Not just Italians. All Western Europeans. And it comes down to one thing: These European nations all had colonies. Colonies that were full of non-whites. In many of these countries, whites would have been the technical (but not practical) minority due to the colonies.

So they were used to dealing with these people for centuries. What we perceive today as "typical" racism is, in fact, very American. The Europeans never thought that these people could not work or fight. They had done so in service of the Kingdom or Empire or whatever for hundreds of years. Huge sums of money relied directly on their (largely) voluntary labour. Sure, to put them in power would be silly, at least in too much power. But it's kind of hard to rub shoulders with non-whites for centuries, to have them under your flag and have them fight for the interest of said flag and not see them as people. In heavily segregated America with its blacks descending almost exclusively from slavery, well, that's easier.

No women? Are these fucking shitlords serious? They even wedged in a Korean, but no representatives of over half the world's population?

Tumblr shall hear of this!

Haley Bennett is the female lead

>remake of a remake

>implying casting mexicans, indians, blacks and chinese isn't long established western trope

>edgy strawman comic

Sorry, but why is this point always made? If you're against a standpoint of genetic superiority, then why the fuck are you arguing that its proponents are genetically inferior? If you actually believe the shit you say, wouldn't you come to some conclusion like Neo-nazis and/or white supremacists being the victims of socio-economic issues, which might also account for the poor physical state of some of them? But now, immediately towards the genetic argument you claim to hate. No, the arguments that deflect blame towards society at large are only saved for the people you already supported anyway.

Sure, you might not be a Nazi, but with that kind of reasoning, there's no functional difference. Different circus, same clowns.

Do tell more faggot

>being this triggered

Am I the only one hyped for this? I mean based ethan hawke and based denzel are pretty epic and I'm even comibg around on that chris pratt guy

Jennifer lawrence is a big detractor tho so idk

>there were extremely low number of asians unless you litteraly worked on a very specific railroads

The california gold rush, I'm not gonna spoonfeed you any further

This is going to be such a shitty remake. What a shame.

There actually were a ton of black cowboys. The fact that white ones were all that got depicted early on is really what was incorrect.

>proven oscar winning actress is triggering me
>because I cant distinguish between bad acting and shit-tier script

It's a dumb choice, since the fans of westerns in the USA or Europe are usually socially conservatives.
It's probably the worst possible time ever to try to sell them the diversity meme.

Did you even fucking see Seven Samurai dude. A big part of the film actually had to do with the sociocultural positions of the peasant farmers in relation to the average Samurai and how tension between the two existed in some capacity as a result of that. A large bit of the film is actually committed to resolving this sense of enmity and getting people to work together in spite of their social divisions for the sake of overcoming the bandits.

Plus the young guy and the peasant girl end up unable to be together anyway precisely because she is a peasant and it wouldn't be fitting for someone of his caste.

Yeah, Seven samurai actually dealt a lot with these sorts of things.

JLaw is not in this movie, user

>get called out on logic flaws
>lol you're just triggered/racist/fascist/butthurt/some other buzzword

I don't care either way. But it's been my experience that the people who are the loudest about hating Nazis, are themselves radical communists and quite stupid, to boot.

Well, you'd have to be, wouldn't you? To pretend you're still fighting an ideology that died 70 years ago. Bit of a saviour complex.

not really
dunno where you got the perception of some huge class divide
there were differences, fighters vs peasants, the fear of might, begging
but its more of an occupation differenecs than A NIGGER HAVING A LETTER FROM PRESIDENT CLINTON!

Why 'female' lead? Why not just a lead? And why isn't she one of the seven? And why are the photos of her focused on her breasts and not her acting talent?

I'm telling Twitter on this maleocentric womyn-hostile hatepiece.

funny how none of the things you are arguing against appear in the post you quoted

face it, you got triggered and went on an autism rant

she hires the 7

Denzel is a racist and overrated as fuck, and Fuqua is the worst director since Ed Wood, so no.

It is only obvious if you understand the culture is different than our modern Western one. People watching it for "kewl AZNZ wiff swards" probably missed all of that.

Again, did you even fucking see the movie. There's literally a point where a couple of the Samurai out and out want to murder the peasants in retribution for things that the peasants had had to do out of desperation that harmed other Samurai in the past.

There's even a huge speech by one of the most popular characters that entails him trying to force them to see the perspectives of one another so that they can understand eachother.

I really think you didnt watch this movie at all.

>More of an occupational difference.

Kek. You don't seem to understand how old caste systems affected the societies which had them. It's actually really more similar to how people of differing races would be differently perceived. A peasant had a certain perceived station just as at certain points in history people of differing races have been thought to have intrinsically differing social stations. It really affected individual lives a lot more than "This is my job and that is yours"

But you seem to just completely fail at grasping the nuances of this so whatever.

I like the way you structure your points user.

>nuances
google it
yes, thats how much retarded you are

That's why they were in the west, dumbass.

i would say its fine if its natural, like everyone calls him nigger, or boy, or colored man. doesnt let him into the saloon. he cant ride the good horses etc.

you just know that he's gonna get called nigger like one time by some drunk hillbilly looking white guy then do that denzil thing where he smiles and goes "okay okay" and the gets all serious and bad ass and says something cool and its never said again the whole movie.

like did people in the 1910 even get offended by being called colored?

So she's just a catalyst for the film? This is offensive to the subject/object dichotomy! Stop mansplaining!

So, how do they explain that an attractive woman that hires a gang of gunslingers doesn't end up raped and killed?

That's a great argument and now you're right.

No women

>I was alive in 1910 and I know what was realistic for people to do

Protip: The fact that you've seen other westerns doesn't mean you know about the west

I'm a bit worried about how the bow will flow with all the snappy firearm action, Native Americans like all human beings feel in love with guns and shooting shit. Give him a carbine and a horse and he'll ruin anyone's day.

ive read books and newspapers and seen films from that era i know it was common what i was asking is did people get all pissed off about it as much. i mean ive seen the black mans rebuttal to Birth of a Nation, Emmett Jay Scotts Birth of a Race but that movie was not received well in its time. whereas today it would probably win oscars and get alot more buzz.

What is it with Sup Forums and racism?

Seriously don't get it, initially I thought it was just tollin' but you guys seem genuinely angry because somebody had the indecency to be born with more Menalin in their skin, and they certainly shouldn't be allowed near a TV screen.

You're a bag of organic chemicals, with a bit of chemical electricity, walking around, distracting yourself until your life systems fail and you rot.

Why waste time hating people, there's movies with tits in them to be watched!

Also it always seems to be Americans. You guys have possibly the greatest culture in the world, it stomps over everybody. Why not allow the brown people to have their moment?

Dangnabbit pardner this looks just like my grampappy's old west stories. Thanks Antoine Fuqua!

My issue with that kind of dialogue when it tries hard to be 'authentic' in how 'offensive' it is is that it seems like almost too much and somehow ventures into territory that makes me question whether any actual human beings would speak like that.

Like how in Hateful eight everyone called Sam Jackson's character a nigger as often as they were able in the most malicious way possible to the point that it became odd and comedic rather than feeling authentic.

I'd rather have them just not do that sort of thing altogether than have it be some big point, because they're probably going to do it incorrectly either way and it will feel contrived.

she knows how to use a gun

To be fair 90% of frontier women knew how to shoot a gun, didn't stop most people.

Where's the arm hair you stupid whore.

Antoine Fuqua is the shit. And Denzel is one of the few actors who can make a shitty movie watchable, so I really couldn't care less if it's ""natural"".

Although the PG-13 concerns me a bit.

whats above PG-13? 15 or 18?

Serious answer; Race is pretty much a big surrogate for an actual life problem and people rant about it as if it were anything meaningful because human beings define themselves by the adversities they face more so than anything else, so defining some external 'enemy' group means that you now have an adversity whereas otherwise there'd just be mental boredom and complacency.

Yeah, crime stats and all that are real, don't get me wrong, but if you really look at the numbers we are living in one of the most peaceful times in human history and crime is always on the decline, so your individual chances of some random black beating you to death are lower than you might think.

People just need something to bitch about, and racism appeals to a lot of kids because indulging it makes them feel like they're tasting some 'forbidden' fruit or something.

"Mom told me not to say nigger but the jokes on her I am redpilled"

Not meaning to be reductive and say that all people who call themselves racist are like this, but there's no denying that Sup Forums tier shitposters are a big part of it.

Oh shit son your right I was like 85% sure that was her... huh

morons that came to Sup Forums for Sup Forums and when they decided to check out some other boards they just assumed everyone on the site is a Sup Forumstard.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_Picture_Association_of_America_film_rating_system

because it gets people salty

you can come up with all sorts of meme theories about their motives and psychology, but that is what it boils down to