Give me reasons why I should denounce my faith in Christianity

Give me reasons why I should denounce my faith in Christianity.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordeal_of_the_bitter_water
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_Jesus
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>faith

you have no faith.

no one will deny that but you.

Silly op you cant believe in things that don't exist

OP here, proof?

That's like me believing that my little pony actually exists... you can't prove it or disprove it

because christianity was invented by the goddamn romans, and jews in order to subvert an entire population and bend them to their will much the same as every other large religion with influence.

who gives a fuck if you believe in it or not

Jesus was black

I give you no reason. I just say that no matter what you decide, God still loves you, although it hurts him that you do not love Him.

Do your research.

faggot

Don't ask why to denounce your faith OP instead ask why you have in the first place. God is a falsifiable hypothesis, dont ask why not but why?

Jesus makes big cums with his pee pee

Because fairytales aren't real

right. they praise something called god. and this god should be almighty. but why he needed 6 days to create all this shit. if i were god i would need one second only and the rest of the time i would smoke pot non stop.

don't bother arguing things that can be allegorical

And if we were his pinnacle creation and this is for us then why is so much of our universe let alone our planet so hostile?

OP here, I "do-ish" because at the time it felt like it was the only hope in my life. I was young and had a lot of questions, and my pastor helped answered a lot of my questions. But recently I feel like it was weighing me down and prevented my from doing the things I love to do which they would label as "sin". Also a lot of people have poured a lot of money for me in terms of food and retreats. I feel like if I leave it's like betrayal.

Because your god does not exist.

Religion is an outdated opium of the people.
Even if there is another plane of existence, some sort of spirituality or god, it would be foolish to believe that you know the nature of such a thing. Deism is chill, but organised religion is pretty silly.

for sure. jesus was just a drug dealer and he had 12 drug addicted customers. once they had been so high that they have halucination, seeing their dealer walking through water.

Don't

kek

Because God had Joshua slaughter everyone when the israelites seized Canaan, including innocent women and children. Its okay to kill children to conquer a city but its not okay to abort a pregnancy. This is a double standard. It also states in the old Testament that god does not contradict himself, yet this is a blatant contradiction of his moral philosophy, thereby disproving the Judeo-Christian god's existence using it's own scripture.

OP we may never know what the real answer to the question of if theirs a god but we do know one thing, we only have so much time alive and we should do what makes us happy. If your god weighs you down then throw the shekels off because even if he is real your desire to go against him show that he dose not care much for you and his will is put before yous. and I that the kind of being you really want to worship?

bc you don't believe in the dogma and the rituals don't strengthen your family bonds

Well god is pro abortion in cheating cases.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordeal_of_the_bitter_water

Unless you're a mormon

>Unless you're a moron
FTFY

You would not be asking for proof if he had said that the tooth fairy doesn't exist.

The christian god is v-a-s-t-l-y more ridiculous than the tooth fairy. No proof is required. It is obvious, obvious fiction.

Did I mention that it's obvious?

Further proving my point in that the Holy See is said to be infallible, yet contradicts itself by this merit as well.

But if God is true, than his supremacy and His will is greater than mine, hence rendering mine little to nothing in His scope and His kingdom

You shouldn't. I know it's hard. But God is with you.

ayyyyy lmaoooo

(I was referencing all the sexual abuse and incest cases that go on in the mormon church but hey)

If your little in the grand scale of things then don't give much mind. Live your life for you.

You shouldn't. There's no harm in believing in God and think of your afterlife if you denounce your faith now. There's nothing to lose in believing, but there's potentially quite a lot to lose if you don't believe.
I've had my doubts before but I've never denounced faith, and I hope you make the right choice user. God bless

It is historically proved that Jesus existed and that the Great flood happened. What else do you really need. Jesus proclaimed himself God and was a living prophecy. Also assuming that you believe in evolution, how can you prove that that is real, when science hasn't even found the missing link?

Then why does it fucking matter whether you believe in him or not if you're so insignificant? Have fun while you're alive. Fuck a hooker, snort some blow.

Look at how the world is today and ask yourself if there really is such a thing as an omnipotent and benevolent god

You're as dumb as dogshit, mate. That's why you're a christfag.

If you're referencing the shroud of turin, that's literally the most tentative proof ever. The only writings we have to "prove" Jesus' existence weren't written until a good 92 years after his death. Also the Great Flood literally never happened and you're retarded and should an hero.

>Yahweh being thought of as benevolent
Kek

Bait or retard?

Well that's mean. I hope that made you feel good.

>if you want to

OP here, if I'm believing in God just to "protect" myself from going into Hell would be a great mistake and basically isn't really a faithful choice. If you're going to believe wholeheartedly you should love God for forgiving of your sins not just so that you can get into heaven. Also what I'm losing is what they would call "worldly pleasures".

Alright, I haven't pulled this stuff out since I was an edgelord teenager arguing with Christians on the internet but since you asked:

First of all, there are many religions, and people will in the vast majority of cases fall into the religion that dominates the country that they were born in. People of ALL faiths believe at the bottom of their heart that their religion is the one true one, and that all the other religions are false. Even if you maintain that your religion is the true one, you must agree that the same feelings of a connection with god can be accomplished even if what you believe in isn't true, that's clear from all the people who strongly believe in religions that you don't believe in. Once you realize that people of all religions have had spiritual experiences that make them certain that their religion is correct, it destroys the credence of all spiritual experiences. Chances are, all religions are false.

That being said, I'm not saying there's no value in spirituality. Spirituality can lead people to have happier, more fulfilling lives, and can quite often make them better people overall. What I am saying though is the religious mumbo jumbo that comes along with spirituality in most cases is almost certainly false. I recommend you read Waking Up by Sam Harris, its a great novel on the topic of spirituality without religion.

You're literally responding to only the weakest arguments against His existence ITT. read over the more hard to comprehend shit and actually sit back and think about it. Believe what you want at the end of the day, but at least do yourself the favour of being intellectually honest.

I'm not, it's historically documented that Jesus existed. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_Jesus

No, it didn't, but it didn't make me feel bad either. It is important to speak plain truth to bullshit. Your god is fictitious. It does-not-exist. The only reason the scammers in the religion business (eg your priest) continue to make a profit is because of people as dumb as you.

Also, tits or gtfo.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_Jesus
Wikipedia is the literal worst secondary source in the world. Look at the sources cited in that article. Read them over. That wikipedia article has literally no fucking credence dude.

God believes in slavery.

For his sake, I hope you're right. But christfags have a habit of proving themselves dumber than you could possibly imagine.

>look, ma, I comprehend all the vastness of the entire multiverse
You couldn't be more of a fag.

it's historically documented that Zeus existed too if youre basing existence solely on ancient texts

Test

I think you should renounce because denouncing it is pointless

You forgot mum's basement, fedora and edgelord. If you mentioned those, you would have won.

If God is omnibenevolent, why does he let bad shit happen? Why does he let humans kill each other?

OP here, I have many reasons why Greek mythology would be just myths but that would be a long discussion, so I would leave you with this. How can "GodS" exist if it means "supreme ruler"?

>Tooth fair swaps teeth under pillows for quarters
> God sees anything, knows everything, exists in all places, ect ect
clearly number two is just as ridiculous if not less than one.

I'm not dumb and I practice my faith at home. My faith is my own and it's not hurting anyone. And you can speak whatever truth you'd like without being mean, friend. With as many people such as yourself coming at me in this way, I can say for certain that my faith won't be moved by rude strangers. If being 'enlightened' involves having that sort of attitude to others, I'm extra happy I'm not that way.
I've never hurt anyone due to my faith and I don't push it on others uninvited. I don't strictly believe everything the Bible says because I know it's been manipulated throughout history, but I believe in a God that we as humans cannot fully understand.

Not OP, just playing devil's advocate, but that's explained in Genesis. Free will, original sin and all that jazz.

The only people who've told me irl to "die" or "kill myself" were very religious people.
I think because they go to church every Sunday they think they've got the whole 'good person' thing taken care of so they can act like jerks whenever pressured. Aside from the social network and feeling of belonging, church and religion makes sense of the world and they feel meaningful in it.
Reality requires you to meet the same needs without handing money over to some fake who promises that stuff but just gives you somewhere to sit and be smug.
TLDR under pressure the devout are awful people, more than the average

"How can (word) be a thing if (specific etymology) means something kind of sort of not like that word? Checkm8 obama

Because there is something called "sin" and the only way for you to get "saved" or to believe in God is through repentance. Which in a perfect society there is no need for. All in all God let it happen because it further glorifies Him by testing people's faith

You're both being a bit simple, there's no need to provide proof something doesn't exist, especially if there's no evidence that it does.
No evidence AGAINST is not the same as evidence FOR.
This allows the religious to keep their faith and trolls to make these threads forever.

>free will
How could God be omniscient if he doesn't know what humans will do? Because if he already knows what I am going to eat for lunch tomorrow, is it really free will?

what a malevolent narcissist.

Free will can't exist if God is omniscient lol

>god watches and loves us
>god is omniescent omnipresent and benevolent
>he tested the first man and that man failed, the rest of us have suffered for his mistake since
>suffering, famine, war, cancer were all part of this benevolent gods plan

it's waaay more likely that if there was something smart enough to literally create existence our tiny little monkey brains could not comprehend it
we are a speck in a solar system that is a speck in a galaxy that is a speck in our observable universe, not even the whole universe
best case: GOD knows we exist but we are nothing more important than an ant farm

Your "good" book promises to send me to hell, to be burned and tortured f-o-r-e-v-e-r, for the "sin" of being reasonable and rational (atheist). You are ok with this, because you are a christian. This makes you not only a moron, but also a cunt. This is why I have no hesitation in calling you an idiot.

Tell me again how rude and mean I am while praying for your loving god to send me to hell.

OP here, as a fundamental Christian, I have never encountered this, but I have encountered many rude people during evangelism. And I feel sorry that you had to witness that, odds are they aren't true Christians, they would be modern day Pharisee

I've met more atheists in good moral standing according to Judeo-Christian principles than Christians themselves.

Religious people are the ultimate cucks. Self-reflect and decide how you want to live your life. Dont follow some bullshit book

infinite punishemnt for a finite "crime".

But the definition of a God is omnibenevolent, omnipotent, and omniscient.

I don't pray to send people to hell, whether or not they go to hell is their own doing. Nice way to twist my words though. Like I said, I never hurt anyone by what I do. I only hope people will make the choices that will save themselves but I can't control that.

Yes and no.

That's the point, the whole idea is so contradictory.

OP here, I mean if you don't think murder and cheating etc. is punishable than I can say no more. But if you do, it makes sense on how you're basically disobeying God's laws (in which a lot of modern laws are influenced from Roman laws from the Bible.) You're disobeying an infinitely holy God in which you deserve infinite hell.

God: a superhuman being or spirit worshiped as having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity.

Ik I'm an atheist bruv. I use this shit on Christians all the time. Shit's hilarious

because you have common sense

>I've met more atheists in good moral standing according to Judeo-Christian principles than Christians themselves.
>Religious people are the ultimate cucks. Self-reflect and decide how you want to live your life. Dont follow some bullshit book
Not if you're in highly dense cities like NY, LA, or Miami

Jewish?

>doesnt read philosiphical texts on God

Bob was charged for murder against tom five years
Jim was charged with murdering some gangster one year

>uses the propertys of one god to define all gods

>whether or not they go to hell is their own doing.

The fact that you willingly identify as a member of a club whose holy text promises eternal torture to people who dare to think rationally shows you clearly as the malevolent, moronic cunt that you are. Prayer or no prayer.

I was obviously over exaggerating as this would be nearly impossible due to the sheer amount of Christians. It's just funny how ik immoral people that think I'm going to go to hell for not believing but they wont after they shit theyve done

OP here, it is not your responsibility to take a life, unless it's to protect another. If God exists, He shall avenge and punish.

>exaggerating as this would be nearly impossible due to the sheer amount of Christians. It's just funny how ik immoral people that think I'm going to go to hell for not believing but they wont after they shit theyve done
But then again you aren't God, and what is God's will shall be done.

>implying anything remotely classified as a "higher power" is a God
Could a much more advanced alien race be considered Gods then? There's a reason why they define it explicitly for these discussions.

True. Theists fail to realize that if you are challenging your beliefs, the belief in this smelly bs goes away.

not the point OP, the point is it dose not matter who you slight. just because god is infinitely good dose not make our crimes any worse. just as a crime against a bad person dosent make the crimes any better.

WTF OP, if your going to fucking post Jesus, fucking post Buddy Christ, our most holy image of Jesus.

There is no 'Afterlife'

When you die, you just go to black.
You dont know you are dead, you wont feel anything you wont even be conscience of it.

Everything that was you will be gone. There is nothing you can do about it, you existence now and after is meaningless.

We are all worm compost.