Why should uneducated plebs who dont contribute to society have the same vote as educated, contributing citizens?

Why should uneducated plebs who dont contribute to society have the same vote as educated, contributing citizens?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=trrqslUpfdw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>rural and suburban retards
Literally like how drumpftft was "elected"

all the money gets pumped to the west

I disagree, I think tax-paying, landowning citizens should vote only. After all, they're the ones who contribute money to the government, it should be their right to dictate what the government should be doing with it.

Educated people are just intelligent NEETs who leech off the government nowadays and don't know anything about their country, in fact, college educated people in America are finding out its getting harder and harder to get a job themselves.

So only allowing educated people to vote is actually not a good idea, contrary to popular culture.

True story.

tax-payment i can understand, but why is land-ownership an issue?

>said the alamancı

I am not of Turkish heritage

Because it shows you're devoted to the country even more, it shows you're invested in it. Whilst rootless "citizens" who don't own any land, and aren't tied to the country, have nothing to lose, or gain really, so it would almost be as if you're allowing traitors to vote.

Do you comprehend?

This is going back to democracy vs meritocracy. People should vote based on their knowledge of politics, not how good they are at conning suckers out of money. That's how charismatic idiots get elected.

People who own land are literally in opposition to the state, because they have a vested interest in taking more power for themselves over their property. Land owners, or any kind of people with high economic power are the last people you should want influencing the government.

so some rich saudi millionaire is more invested into USA than a tax-paying middle class citizen who happens not to own real-estate?

this is only a case for western cunts though.
Educated people need a leverage over literal peasents here otherwise we would end up as ottoman caliphate 2.0 in a span of a year

of course, why do you think the american government only serves the interests of big corporations? they own the most real estate after all.

Why are americans so stupid? This is literally XVIII century's thinking

Exactly This. Imagine introducing universal suffrage in Russian Empire or Usa in the 1800s. Such a huge part of the population where educated poorly and lived lives where schooling was a hindrance to their work.

The blue areas have a much larger population you retard.

It's funny how redditors claim to be intelligent and informed yet they ignore basic facts.

>, I think tax-paying, landowning citizens should vote only
Land owning only was originally important because that was really the only tax.

>land owning
so like 15% of the population in turkey can vote

>landed voting

Just like in my autism simulator

>people who disagree with me shouldn't be allowed to vote
Even tho I dislike Erdogan I must say that you're a faggot, the law says that everyone has the right to vote, even the poor

they worship a quarter of a millennium old piece of paper. don't act surprised if they try to apply logic from 1792 in 2017.

It should cost money to vote. That way only the wealthiest and most invested people cast their vote, which will obviously be for prosperity so they can continue to be wealthy. Also puts money in the state coffers.

For the first time he lost an election in istanbul and ankara since 30 years. Damn

>%49
>%51
Greek can't read.

This is the most retarded idea I have ever heard

>smart city people vs rural and suburban retards

Thanks.

This is some American faggot shit.

"Hurr durr blue Turkey, red Dumfuckistan"

Fact: most Turks are proud of our history and proud to be Muslim.
Fact: Sup Forums will never accept you as European for denigrating your own people.
Fact: you are a bitch.

>Elect me and I'll give you back the money you voted for me with!

Support my Patreon.

Okay fine, I admit it isn't a perfect form of government, but nothing really is. In conclusion, would you all care to explain to me what better alternatives there is if you're so 'smart' at this?

>gook
fuck off nip go post some pola~~ shit

>proud of our history and proud to be Muslim
These things don't go together. If you are proud of Turkey's history then you are proud of strict secularism. Proud muslims were the history of the Ottoman Empire, not Turkey.

Universal voting right tilted towards which class you are.
People who contribute nothing to society gets 1 vote.
Students and the eldery get 2 votes
Lower class citizens get 3 votes.
Middle class cizitens get 4 votes.
Upper class citizens get 5 votes.

Ex-politicians, soldiers and voluntary humanitarian aid personal and political youth organization members get +1 vote

((((((((((((((c*mmies are not allowed to vote))))))))))))

Cry more cuck.

So Germans can only be proud of 1990 ~ onward

Great logic faggot.

youtube.com/watch?v=trrqslUpfdw

>"Hurr durr blue Turkey, red Dumfuckistan"
In a logic of contributing to motherland and state, it's.
>Fact: most Turks are proud of our history and proud to be Muslim.
Yes, and that is not a justification to support a government that is corrupt and degenerated into Arabic sense. On the contrary, It's a reason to be against them
>Fact: Sup Forums will never accept you as European for denigrating your own people.
We are not European. If a Turk is saying we are European, he's either trolling or is not actually a Turk but "Hurr durr my grandma was singing in greek my granpa was shitting in Bosnian"
>Fact: you are a bitch.
Çuvaldızı kendine, iğneyi başkasına.

Hmmm, I actually like this tbqh. Yes, I agree with this, Turk. Very much so! Excellent system.

Now let's see if Yuropoors try to denounce this one.

>proud to be muslim
most western turks are azerbaijan-tier ''''''muslims'''''

>turks are proud of their history.
Yes we are proud of our republic and hate the m*narchist era

>int will never accept you as europeans
literally who gives a shit. We aint yuropoor and we know it.

Thank you greatest ally now please send nuclear weapons to thrace so we can start the revolution

Should switch middle and lower class. Middle class citizens contribute the least to society. Giving them more political power motivates people to become mid class, while a society should optimally seek to have more people in either upper or lower classes.

That's not up to me unfortunately, but Drumpf.

Wait a minute, I thought we were based off of the Roman system. Also, wouldn't that just turn into a dictatorship eventually? Not sure if I would approve of a neo-Imperial Rome.

>direct democracy
there's your problem
never let the mob directly decide jack shit except who makes the decisions

>Middle class citizens contribute the least to society.

Again, in yuropoor cunts, sure. But thats not the case in tureyland. Middle class people dont have the freedumbs here if they were to live in yurop.
The reason why the blue parts were the %72 of the economy isnt just because more people live there, its also because it has the highest concentration of middle-class citizens.
University diploma's are still a hard to achieve thing here, unlike yurop, so they are a important economic commodity.(well, it has mostly changed now homewer, but most 30+ people dont have diplomas)

Anyway, rest of the world: don't bother reading any Turkish flag posts in this thread. They are clearly butthurt atheist faggots. They don't represent Turkey any more than triggered students represent Americans.

>they dont represent turkey
we do though, %49 of it actually

Turkey is our bro country

That's a shame that a whole half of the country was dismissed (the right half) in favor of the larger half (wrong half). Looks like direct democracy doesn't work after all. I'm so glad we had the electoral college.

They seem to represent the Father of all Turks more closely than the guy who writes conspiracy theories about Freemasons.

This is why we prefer the koreans.

The electoral college addresses the issue in a terrible way, and doesn't solve what most people see as the problem.

If everybody would be poor and stupid the citizens would lose their voting rights to the elite rulers. You would make it very easy for them.

Says you Yuropoor aka Mr. Anti-Freedumbs.

>voting rights for men: completed military service and training +paying taxes/having a job
>women: having 2 children with legitimate father +father is a citizen who earned his voting rights (no voting for gibsmedats families)

>Mr. Oligarchy Anti-Democracy

>Middle class citizens contribute the least to society. Giving them more political power motivates people to become mid class, while a society should optimally seek to have more people in either upper or lower classes.
>a society should optimally seek to have more people in either upper or lower classes
>a society should seek to have more people in lower classes
WHAT

Like seriously, m8, wtf is wrong with your head, why should any society want more lower class people who hardly contribute anything but whine endlessly for more taxation, redistribution and free shit for themselves????

>Educated people are NEETs
>Intelligent people don't know anything about their country
Actually what

It's like america 2016 all over again
Educated people's votes should be weighed more heavily

The lower class contributes EVERYTHING. They do 80% of all jobs at least, spend the largest percentage of the money they earn directly into goods and services and thus stimulate the economy.

Chartist movement was a mistake

>Middle class citizens contribute the least to society
middle class are the ones wasting their money to buy the latest shitty iphones and therefore contributing to consumerism
without the middle class the only choice rich people have is to own cotton fields and nigger slaves. as a result the country has a shitty, inefficient banana economy

georgism
only land owners should pay taxes

>Greek Inteligence

Köyümün merkezinde cami var.
Cami insahina sahip yaninda kücük bir ev var. Genel evini oraya yerlestilmisler.

Biri genel evi nerde sordugunda, cami insahin adini söylüyorlar.

Bazi müslolari asiri rahatsiz ediyormus.

Kim bilir oralarda baska neler yürüyor, cünkü genc erkekler, hüzran müslolar ve sikis evleri birlikte biraz garip.

>burasi müslüman ülke, atalrimiz dindardi

>we need universal suffrage because it's 2017

>Retards thinking their vote matters more
>Fags are actually supporting class warfare.
This board is a fucking joke, I rather go on /his/ than this fedora tipping trash bin.

It depends on the social climate of the country to be honest.
Like if we take the case of the west, do you really want the street protesting "educated" hippie with an degree in gender studies to be more important than a blue collar worker who works a 9 to 5 job to feed his family?

What we really need is to have greater awareness on what political policies mean and teaching the public to hold their representatives accountable to their promises.
It's idealistic but the effort should be directed towards this aim rather than wondering which section of people aren't as important or worthy.

>t. abdülhamit hüseyin osmanoğlu
fuck off mudshit

/his/ is based tho i'll give you that

The problem is Educated 20 years ago vs '"educated'' today is vastly different. To make more money off the government, colleges made piss easy classes. I mean classes so easy all you have to do is write in a journal to get an A.

That with meme classes, gender classes and other garbage, being educated is more like going to a baby sitter for adults.

>his country doesn't have a strong constitutional tradition

>his country got conquered 3 times

So many damn (((elitists))) in this thread. Don't people realize that universal suffrage leads to better societies?

>Don't people realize that universal suffrage leads to better societies?
That's only justifying a retardiaded system.

Muh democracy is shit

Be grateful that you live in a working republic.

No, it doesn't. Universal suffrage was a fucking mistake. Some people are intrinsically worth more than others, and as a result, their votes should be worth more than mere simpletons.

Do you really think the ancient Greeks actually allowed everyone to vote? No, of course they didn't, that's why it lived for so long.

>Some people are intrinsically worth more than others

And those are the rich? Think about it, most rich don't do shit, they just sit on their ass and collect money from their shares in various companies.

If anybody is worth more, it's people like engineers, farmers, and manual laborers. The people who contribute to the economy instead of just moving money around.

No you fool, I wasn't talking about parasitical rich people. I was talking about meritocracy chiefly. Yes, I understand and agree that rich people would fuck over everyone else if they were left to the device of government.

Can't you just read the thread? There was a Turk post that was actually pretty good for a meritocratic democracy.

a political literacy test requirement for voting wouldn't hurt that fucking much
>inb4 muh racist political tests that used to exist in murica
no

even in ancient rome it was considered to be a norm to be at least have a half decent knowledge on what the fuck is going on with the politics of rome
but such shit is all utopian since we all know that instead of teaching people politics, they will be fed propaganda, just like today

Ask americans

welcome to democracy

>proposes a retarded idea
>ok its not purfect butt nuttin is rihgt?
That's not how that works.

>51% of an area voting X means that the entire area voted X

deal with it niggaz, the future belongs to the populists

Shoo

Thing is referandum wasnt about two equal powers competing with each other. You could see evet propoganda on 90% of billboards and 80% of TV shows. They cheated in the end as well by counting 2 million disputed votes. So blaiming comars for losing against propoganda machine aint smart move.

The middle class moving the economy is a myth. It's always the lower classes producing the most labour and keeping essential industries afloat through capital.

>blaiming comars for losing against propoganda machine aint smart move
yeah it's not like it's their fault they're illiterate dumb fucks, right?

so tell me, what's the smart move here?

question for turkbros: do you think things would be much different today if the EU hadn't snubbed Turkey for years? how much resentment has being kept just outside the door actually generated over the years? the situation now is pretty sad when I think about it - the conservatives in Europe get to say that the recent events just prove that Turkey has never been fit for the EU while the conservatives in Turkey get to pin all the woes of the country on the fact that the EU snubbed them

>it's a "britard trying to blame something completely unrelated on EU" episode
wew lad how do you sleep at night with the EU boogieman constantly stalking you?

i don't think anyone here gives a shit about joining eu anymore

oh piss off, that's not even what I meant. Erdogan is obviously a complete twat and Turkey such as it has become under his leadership has no business being in the EU, I'm just wondering if things could have gone differently if there had been more carrot and less stick during the accession negotiations

good

ur a pole roflmao

>Like if we take the case of the west, do you really want the street protesting "educated" hippie with an degree in gender studies to be more important than a blue collar worker who works a 9 to 5 job to feed his family?

The blue collar worker who never really needs to apply critical thinking and has no time to deal with politics is more likely to vote for erdogan because the shouty man on the tv told him he needs a stronger sultan to purge the westernized leftist secular feto kurd scum

>leftist secular feto kurd scum

Liberal city-dwelling faggots in Istanbul and Ankara should have come out to support the army when it mattered, they made their own bed

Hopefully all the Turk shit posters in here suffer the same fate as their soldiers, their own brothers, to have their throats slit and thrown off the bridge after doing the right thing and refusing to kill civilians