YFW the cinema's lawyers just shook down the survivors for $700,000 in legal fees

YFW the cinema's lawyers just shook down the survivors for $700,000 in legal fees.

Fuck yeah, the power of cinema

They didn't shake them down, that's the law.

>be American
>go to movies
>get shot
>survive
>get slapped with a $175,000 bill

legal fees. They tried to slap them with a lawsuit and dicked themselves. Probably not their fault. Some lawyers probably came around and told them they could make some easy money.

>be American
>go to movies
>get shot
>survive
>get slapped with a $175,000 bill
>"that's the law."
>lawyers fuck the survivors as well

I think its more to scare the families etc. into not appealing the decision.

Let the whole thing die, so to speak.

They shouldn't have tried to sue the theatre that was in no way at fault

>Let the whole thing die

TIALTJ

>be stupid
>think that because someone shot up a theater, you should sue the theater
>think that every business in America should have armed guards to prevent nuts from entering
>don't take the settlement offer because it is too low
>surprised that the jury is smarter than you
>surprised that there are consequences of bringing forth stupid suits.

>jury is smarter than you

That's rare though.

They're sure as shit more informed than most

All they had to do was be informed by the defense that the consequences of finding against them would require every theater to have armed guards, bankrupting many.

Welcome to America. Deep down we're all greedy idiots.

For 20 popcorn u better have armed guard you kiles

It would have called for theaters to improve security, that doesn't necessarily mean armed guards. Not that armed guards are terribly expensive as things go - you don't even have to hire them directly, just contract with a guard service. Even unarmed security that conducts regular building & perimeter sweeps would count for a lot.

But something as simple as the emergency exit Holmes stored his gun outside being linked to the central building alarm rather than having only a localized buzzer would likely have saved lives. If Holmes merely opening that door had set off an evacuation and dispatched emergency services, it probably would have kiboshed his plans.

... considering people didn't leave the theater as soon as the shooting started, because they thought it was part of the movie when the guy next to them started spraying blood out of his neck, there wasn't much chance of helping anyone, ever.

Not to mention causing a stampede would've just increased the death toll.

>be american
>go to movies
>get shot
>survive
>get slapped with a $999,999 hospital bill
>get slapped with a $175,000 legal bill

reminder that for the people who died in the shooting, one of the last things they ever experienced was the baneposting scene

Only in the land of the free

This is accurate

(((lawyers)))

>trying to take on the kinotoriums

what where they thinking? they were lucky to get off with a $175,000 fine and a 5 year term in the popcorn mines

>Be me
>Go to UK 'cinema'
>Sit in seat
>Hol up nigga comes loping in all swagga 'n' sheet
>Sits next to me with his white trash GF
>Can't stop fucking talking and giggling and doing shit on his phone.
>Slurping a large cola and eating some steenkin' dawg.
>All I can smell is dawg 'n' nigga
>Movie experience ruined.
>Go see manager.
>'Nigga ruined my movie dude.'
>'Hol up whitey. Why you bitchin' at me foo!'
>Be whitey. Go home and post on Chinese cartoon forum about it.

Well they died happy

>slip on pee pee at costco
>get my very fair settlement money

>lawyers fuck the survivors as well
I know what you meant, but I couldn't help myself

>I can't take this terrible voice acting anymore, someone just please put a bullet through my head
>"For you"...? what a terrible come back!
HOTHEADS BTFO!

rape

If you leave the theater like this, you are an asshole.

You do realize the point of jury duty, right? The lawyers pick the dumbest of the dumb so they can win a case otherwise unfavorable to said lawyer.

>HOLY FUCKING FUCK FUCK THERE'S A CRAZED MAD MAN SHOOTING AT ME I GOT TO GET OUT OF HERE!!!
>Better not spill the popcorn and take it with me outside to the garbage bins provided.

I hate to say it but the theater survivors were greedy fucks looking for an easy pay day. It backfired and now they're fucked. How in the hell could you think you could sue the theater for some psycho going on a shooting spree? It was a terrible idea from the start and I don't feel the least bit sorry for these people for having to pay for this frivolous lawsuit

>>think that every business in America should have armed guards to prevent nuts from entering
They should, a lot of people would have a job too.

Can somebody explain a yuropoor what happened?

hope you're trolling

>be american
>go to movies
>get shot
>sue movie theatre for letting you get shot
>lose suit
>movie theatre sues you
>ordered to pay $175,000
is this how black people feel all the time?

Do you really want more /k/ mall ninja autismos walking around

>suing the movie theater
>suing the gun manufacturers
>not suing Holmes, his family, and the pharmaceutical who made his medication

Yes

>Holmes
probably something legal keeping that from happening
>his family
most likely just as much of a stretch as suing the theatre
>pharmaceutical who made his medication
depends on whether he was taking them

>not suing the inept federal government who STILL has done NOTHING to prevent dangerous lunatics from obtaining weapons willy nilly
>not suing the NRA for all the perverse lobbying done in that regard

amateur fucking hour

Nigger this is america if someone want cause a mass shooting is it his god giving right to FREEDOM that lets him

there should be restrictions set on mentally ill people, but frankly it's going to be hard to win a suit against the federal govt., I'm no lawyer but it might not even be viable.

a-fucking-men to that one my brother
fuck these terrorist-sympathising liberal heathens

good to see some freedom lovin god fearin folk in this thread GOD bless

>that was in no way at fault
They weren't enforcing the no singles policy.

Second amendment, faggot. Maybe if more people in the theater were carrying things would have been different.