Do americans really pay 20.000 $/ year for university?

Do americans really pay 20.000 $/ year for university?

If yes why are they so crazy to attend it?
Do they still believe in the university degree meme?

>If yes why are they so crazy to attend it?

maybe because this is still better than rotting away in some paper mill during 12 hour shifts while getting minimum wage

this. also a lot of people get scholarships too, so it's not that expensive and also so many people go on financial aid when they're like 18 and just starting in college, and when you're that old you really don't have a great idea of how much debt you will really have to pay off and how long it will take.

best route as an american is to do a vocation like plumbing, electrician, mechanic. people will often say that you will make less than a doctor but when you're in a vocation you start out in the work force right away where as if you are a doctor you need to spend so much time in school and you rack up so much debt that you will have to pay off forever. and business? fucking forget about it. easiest way to catch a stroke at age 40 because of how stressful and mundane that is.

paper mill workers have a great salary

also most liberal arts degrees get you shit jobs anyway. You don't need to go to college for these.

yeah. I go to a liberal arts school. really really stupid fucking people here. sometimes people really take the american dream too far. kids think they'll be the next great american novelist, or the next great painter in the 21st century lmao.

me personally I'm a video editor. so it's not as a hard for me to find work, since everyone in the film and video media field wants to be a director, cinematographer that type of shit.

still though... I really wish I did a vocation and just did video editing as a freelance gig on the side, because if I did that I could have built a portfolio big enough to put myself in the video making field anyway without buying a hundred thousand dollar worthless degree. REALLY MAKES YOU THINK.

>people go to uni to do media studies thinking they'll be a director
>come out of uni and get a job as a runner making cups of tea for people in the edit

$20,000 a semester. $40,000 a year.

If you don't have a degree you'll never get a decent job. Probably won't ever be able to own property.

>Do americans really pay 20.000 $/ year for university?

No, if you get a decent SAT/ACT score you can attend a state university without spending virtually anything due to scholarships

>maybe because this is still better than rotting away in some paper mill during 12 hour shifts while getting minimum wage
Not really, for the most part.

Scholarships only exist because the universities know only a tiny fraction of students will ever be given them. They exist as business, at the end of the day. Scholarships are there to attract smarter kids who will potentially end up contributing something back to the university in the form of research, etc. which will earn them a thousand times more in the long run that it cost them to give the kid a scholarship.
You're delusional if you think that
>it's not expensive because you can get a scholarship
is even remotely relevant to your average student.

>They exist as business
same reason why foreign degrees are 100% useless in the US. american schools don't want to endanger their monopoly on education.

>What makes you think he was less productive than any other norwegian citizen? Do you think he was unemployed, living off neetbucks from the government? That he wasn't working to be a contributor the the community where he lived and to provide for his family?

Pretty much everyone in my pre-med community at a NJ state uni received either a full or partial scholarship.

>If you don't have a degree you'll never get a decent job.
What is a decent job? Being doctor or a lawyer is quite shitty due what kind of people you have to deal with, even if the pay is decent.
And you don't get leadership positions with school degrees, you need status and a contacts that come with experience and activity.

I am going to become engineer. Neither of my parents even finished high school. My school is ranked top 5 in computer engineering in United States. Shits good nigga

which is 5k/month

We have a high minimum, so of course working at maccas is better than university here.

it depends on the university and whether you live on campus or not

however, ever since obongo made the government more involved prices have skyrocketed

public schools are about 7-10K a year.
community college is much cheaper. many countries have comparable tuition costs, at least as an option. education is not a meme. you need to get out of your room more often you retarded neet.

>prices have skyrocketed
bullshit

>he fell for the STEM meme
lol.

because most cunts have inferior education and meme degrees. especially those cunts that send most immigrants here such as india.

>he fell for a random autistic chart he found on Sup Forums

How many engineers does the world really need? did you think about that?

They hyped up STEM so there would be an over-abundence of STEM people. You know why? Because now you will all fight each other, begging for jobs, lowering how much pay you are willing to accept because of fear of not getting a job. It was to lower the value STEM people so the big business could get cheap labour.

An over-abundence of ANY product lowers the value of each individual item of that product. Imagine if gold was plentiful, it wouldn't be expensive, same goes for people.

>paying 40k a year to be a studyslave for 4 years
are all americans this masochistic?

Capitalism's endgame is to see how much people will pay for what they should be getting for free.

This post was brought to you by Sweden. That'll be 2.99$ plus tip

Sounds to me like you're defending your universities jewing and fleecing americans out of their money by keeping any foreign competition in higher education degrees out.

Or do you honestly believe a doctor educated in cambridge or lmu munich is any less qualified to practice medicine than your average american doctor?

i am not defending them since it costs me a lot of money and i hate that but what do you do.
as for the european doctors here, i have no idea how that works so i am not going to comment on something i know nothing about.

I honestly just go to university for fun.

Already have a decent paying job.

Supply and demand and free market will take care of that. Real life is a not a meme. If there are no jobs, fewer people would go that route. I bet there were similar concerns decades ago but the market always adjusts. Also I don't even understand what your graph implies. Are they all flipping burgers? I have a degree in EE but I work in IT because the pay is better.

It's my one ticket out of this shit

what do you mean

>free market will take care of that
>If there are no jobs, fewer people would go that route
>I bet there were similar concerns decades ago but the market always adjusts
>Also I don't even understand what your graph implies.
Clearly, you have no idea what's been going on in the world lately.
I'm not going to teach you for free, though. Enjoy your peace while you can.

why call bullshit on something that is widely known?

>Yearly student loan originations grew from $53 billion to $120 billion between 2001 and 2012, with about 90% of originations in recent years occurring through federal student aid programs. Against this backdrop of increased borrowing, average sticker tuition rose 46% in constant 2012 dollars between 2001 and 2012, from $6,950 to $10,200.