HIMYM

Now honestly guys, please tell me why do you hate this sitcom.

I'm not trolling, i really like this show, just give me a reason.

And PLEASE don't spoil.

ALL SPOILERS WILL BE BANNED, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

The last few seasons toward the end were pretty much stalling

Didn't hate it, I enjoyed it actually. That last episode though.. fuck. Ruined it.

good show

Watched almost all of it while unemployed and hammering liquor. Gave up at the last season and never bothered to see the ending. Don't even care

tfw she's basically the sean bean of television shows

Barney marries Robin, but they break up a few months later. After Ted's wife dies, he gets back together with Robin, with his kid's blessing.

Also, Marshall dies in a terrorist attack.

Is this really the mother? Jesus christ. She looks like a bitch and isn't even pretty. Why couldn't Ted have married Robin? Absolutely disgusting. I'm glad I only watched this show every now and then on TV and eventually stopped.

>isn't even pretty
Better get your gayness levels checked, faggot

>Sleeps with 10/10s
>Has friends
>Never works
>"blood bloo bloo I'll never meet the girl of my dreams ;____;"

Ted ruined it for be desu

THE WIFE DIES
THE DUDE MARRIES ROBIN AT THE END AFTER TALKING WITH THIS KIDS

BAN ME. BUT SINCE I WANT TO BE BANNED, IT WONT COME AS A SURPRISE OR EVEN A PUNISHMENT.

good day faggot

She was qt in Fargo
Looked like a hippie in this though

Season 4 was the last good season. Rapid decline after that.

>just give me a reason.
seasons 5 to 8

Why do so many shows go to shit after Season 4 or 5? Good thing Supernatural ended at Season 5.

Everybody is a whiny faggot. Lily ruins everything she touches, Robin is angry all the time, Ted constantly whines about how he ruins his own life, Marshall is a pushover, Barney is a thirsty dudebro. On top of that, nothing shows they are actually friends other than loudly exclaming HEY WE'RE BEST FRIENDS every couple of minutes.

No one expects to make it that long, so they have to have to just keep tacking shit on

>How I actually wanted to bang your Aunt Robin

I don't hate it. I could tolerate it unlike Friends. Yes is so stupid I didn't give a duck about him and the one girl I think he should have been with he threw away.

Because every episode is the same. Every episode is built on the exact same framework. Have you seen one season you have basically seen them all. You won't even notice skipping a few whole seasons.

Also shit ending.

it is never stated that Ted marries robin... So no ban for you

Laughing tracks makes me cringe and totally throw me off a show. It seems good, but I just can't. I'm weak

Every characters become increasingly unlikeable as the show went on and it's all culminated with the worst last season.

This

Basically nothing in this show mattered. Oh Barney found his dream girl and they are gonna get married ? And they spent an entire season building this up? Fuck that they break up next episode .

Rinse and repeat

Ted is a cunt
Barney is a rapist
The couple are siamese twins
Robin is bland
There is no feeling of friendship or personal compatibility between the characters

yeah, but the wife dying at the end is a major spoiler. "Major spoiler!" *makes salute gesture.

I liked the first few seasons. The last 2 were hardly funny

Sounds like every sitcom ever

First 2 seasons were fucking great but then it went downhill. Also that ending, DEAR GOD WHAT WERE THEY THINKING
>let's flush 9 seasons of character development in the toilet!!!!!!

t. HIMYM writers

The show is jaded that I can't take it serious. They never DARE to do something that crosses the red line. Everything is just so fine and dandy and works out in the end. Makes me sick.

Barney is unrealistic as fuck. He doesn't lift weights. He is a pussy IRL. Not to mention he wears a suit in some local pub. Sounds very desperate to me.

Lily & Marshall's relationship feels like brother & sister love to me. They seem to know each other too well and never get into fights.

Ted is a faggot. That kind of guy would never get laid.

Robin is massive slut and I'm not really into a women who try to act like dudes. I don't get the appeal. She should act more feminine. I'd only fuck her once and dump her. The fact that Ted and Barney want to marry her just sounds very desperate. Especially coming from Barney who is meant to be alpha male of the crew.

The terror attack scene really was a bit much. How did they get away with it?

Heres what went wrong

>start new sitcom show
>get warm reviews but there are complications that you might have to end it at Season 2/3
>write and shoot Season 2/3 ending
>reviews come in positive
>network demands more season
>fuck, we might have to change a few things
>develop character for 9 seasons, all going through character development and growth
>each character has their own needed arc
>is slowly running out of material to work with so every season i s practically the same
>we reach season 9
>all these growth all these build up all leads to this supposed perfect ending
>Series Finale
>lmao lets use season 2 ending because we already shot it, isnt it clever?

Lily and Marshall do fight a lot in the show though
Also I agree, Ted is a faggot """nice guy""" (except he actually gets laid) and I hated him except when he said that he liked The Unicorns, only good Ted moment

the stupid cunt on the bottom left is too hot to be funny and the guy on the top left is annoying as fuck and the one on the bottom right is a faggot so fuck this show

Epic...........

Whenever a catch an ep its p funny. That whole last season was unforgivable tastless bullshit

It's budget Friends, except it's more story-driven and it works against its favor when the ending is absolute fucking garbage and shits on all the character arcs. The real Mother in the end was the only likable character and that's because she gets killed literally 4 episodes after

Ted ends up with Robin because writing is hard.

it was the top rated show on tv at the time
they could pretty much do what they want
the slow motion scene of the lady looking at her kids corpse ( that one that marshal tried to save) was a bit much for me, but i respect the choice

>think people are just memeing by saying the mother is actually dead
>look it up
>she is

lol what a fucking slap in the face to fans. Glad I only watched this show sporadically if it was on during the day

Last few seasons were pure shit. They simply weren't funny, Lilly was just plain annoying, and the last episode rendered everything pointless.

Tvs opinion is like Canada's opinion... nobody takes it seriously.

The show is pretty good overall. Some problems on the final seasons and the real ending is pants but just watch the alternative one online and pretend that's how it ends and you'll be okay.

The entirety of telling his children the story was about asking them if they are fine if he started fucking Robin. That is why she is the focus.

>nobody should take me serious
>here is my shitty opinion anyway

I think it is great that you know what you write is worthless if only you could get one step further in your thinking and simply just not write it and maybe end yourself.

I hated all the shit that they did with that fucking Goat. It shaped the course of the show in a way. They started just randomly bringing up these fucking irrelevant and bizzare talking points and just being like "but I'll get to that later"... Like it was cute when they did it once with the yellow umbrella, but every single fucking time after that was insufferable.

It's actually a terrible terrible show overall, and it shows that after nearly 10 years on the air they never at one point thought "maybe this shitty half thought through ending of ours that we shot a decade ago may not actually work anymore??"

But nup. Creators never actually gave a fuck.

>GOAT-tier
S1 and S2
>OK-tier
S3 to S5
>SHIT-tier
S5 to S8
>NIGGER WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING-tier
S9

Nah niggs, Stella was GOAT storyline.

>friend bothers me every day that this show is amazing and I should watch it
>tell him it's a friends rip off and I won't bother
>give up and start watching it
>it's actually pretty good
>actually making me laugh
>get to season 3
>gets kinda dumb
>get to season 5
>this is fucking awful but I want to know who the fucking mother is
>get to season 9
>MAKE IT STOP
>oh hey the mothers cute
>get to finale
>mfw

Everything went to cartoonish levels of childish behavior among every one of them. also fuck Josh Radnor, smug idiot fuck.

literally nine seasons of them building up his and her relationship as this great awesome thing that was the greatest thing anyone could expereince ever
oops nevermind five minute montage and shes died,
>lulz can i fuck your aunt robin now?
> go fuck her brains out dad, moms corpse has been in the ground for over five minutes. get that dick wet old man
not to mention any and all character growth is thrown out the window to pidgeon hole a ending they wrote in season 3. made so much more worse that the last season was a slow crawl of a 24 wedding weekend commulating in barney and robins marriage which is suddenly over after that five minute montage for no reason other then the before mentioned prewritten ending
i mean they literally bring barney back to season 2 characterization using that as an excuse, ingoring all growth especially his love for robin
god dammit i had forgotten how buthurt that ending made me

>tfw she's basically the sean bean of television shows
>tfw sean bean meme started on a tv show

rly user

unfunny garbage
curb still good after s5

he goes out of his multple times to tell them him and robin didnt work as a couple, and how in love her and barney are
also goes out of his way to describe their mother and him as having the perfect relationship that no one else could ever match
it was a slap in the face to fans of the show, especially ones who had just watch robin and barneys relationship grow only to have it instantly be disassembled to clear the way for some bullshit story that fit the series five seasons ago but very much did not by the time it finally wrapped up

Parks and rec literally became good with season 4

First few seasons are funny

Overall it meandered and lost steam and came to a grinding halt about 4 years before it ended. I loved the finale because it was the first thing to make sense in years for the show. All the dumb Normie's who kept with the show week by week while it wallowed in randomness and stupidity were offended because the finale retconned all the retarded shit they allowed themselves to get emotionally involved with

It's just a shittier version of friends in the end

This. I try to ignore it but I can't. How can normies stand being told when to laugh?

Nope Parks and Rec hit it's stride season 2 and got progressively better until the final season.

As I just posted, those last 3 seasons were such shit it's your fault for taking it seri

>watch robin and barneys relationship grow only to have it instantly be disassembled

Yeah this was BS
Last episode is better left unwatched.

I agree with all of this.

>go fuck her brains out dad, moms corpse has been in the ground for over five minutes. get that dick wet old man

>wedding stretched almost an entire season
>robin is the mother

what was the point

>retconned an entire series worth of characterization with the ending
>flanderization
>plot got a bit lazy and incoherent to try to fit the overall story

desu, the show jumped the shark when Ted dropped Victoria. She was the perfect Ted slampiece waifu.

THIS
>Ted gets literally 3 10/10 GOAT gfs
>Even has kids with one
>Drops them all for Robin (when they show us for the duration of the show that they don't work well together)
FUCK YOU TED

The show is basically Ted going >tfw no perfect gf for 9 seasons (while he has like 30 girlfriends and gets married twice) and when he gets that perfect girlfriend she dies lol

I like the moral of the show

Its all about how no matter how bad one wants it, if you're not meant to be, its not gonna happen, be it with personality, work, or distance, if its gonna happen its gonna happen, if not, well, you know the rest.

the season 6 quote actually lays the moral in laymans term

"somethings fall apart to make way for better things"

so yeah, thats the moral of the story, one can be so busy looking ten steps ahead, and forget the few steps in front of him, and how you sohuld just let life happen, unless of course youre the protagonist of this show where you get to have a cake and eat

Started out as a basically an updated version of Friends - likable characters, relationship stuff, maybe a bit more explicit sex jokes.

Then every fucking character became a spastic asshole, and it got super ~quirkyyy.
In fact, Ted was always annyoing. Was he redeemable in ANY way?

Because Ted is an insufferable, whiny little cunt.

I think the part where the show completely and totally lost me was when marshall's father died. This amount of shitty melodrama was NOT warranted in a show about quirky new york late 20's early 30's people.

Ted is such a piece of shit, he can get literally any girl he wants but he just doesn't stop dropping the ball cause he's an overly picky retard who ruins fantastic relationships

You know what would've worked out nicely about that moral? If Ted actually wouldn't have ever found "the mother". I know it doesn't work with the kids, but still, it would've been a nice ending to this stupid story.

>The writing of the last two seasons

It trades on set-piece sitcom stories 80% of the time

Ted is an annoying whiny manchild, unhappy with his steady diet of model-tier ass and dream jobs that are just handed to him

The rest of the characters start off fine but become so flanderised and degenerate that by half way through you can't help but hate them all except Marshall. And even he grates at times.

The last season is the worst season of television of all time.

>shot of Ted's kids on couch
>*CLANG CLANG CLANG*
>"time for your meds, Theodore "
>in walks nurse resembling Robin
>we see Ted in a straight jacket muttering to himself

Would have been a better ending.

As reddit Barney was, he actually had a few touching arcs that actually fit his whole story, most of what happened to him made sense, especially with him ending up with Robin and the whole dilemma of "Wanting a father figure in life but realize you cant be a father with Robin" and him still choosing Robin over anything else

but they fucked it with that fucking ending, it was released on april fools too

the fist season is literally perfect but quality quickly drops, not worth watching after the 3rd, the last one is travesty

>Also, Marshall dies in a terrorist attack.
Did this really happen?

The thing about Barney is that even though the show treats him like borderline rapist manchild and shames him for having sex, he's arguably the most likaeable character.

His behaviour is actually explained as coming from his shitton of childhood insecurities, and when he's not being cartoonisly autistic/asshole-ish he usually stands up for his friends.

Compare this to Ted, who is consistently a whiny, entitled, cunty, egocentric and shallow and bitchy person, without any real characeristics beyond "finding true love"

Season 1-3 were genuinely funny, was a different sitcom approach, Barney was cool, Ted wasn't a sappy faggot, Robin wasn't an emotional bitch. Always hated Lilly though, fucking cunt. Marshall had a personality back then too.