She is such a horrible actress. Why didn't they kill her off instead?

She is such a horrible actress. Why didn't they kill her off instead?

She's fun

No, it wash shnoke that took are shon.

She's the youngest of the 3
She looks like she's the oldest of the 3 by far.

She's the only one of the 3 that doesn't look remotely like her old character. In fact I had to tell my girlfriend when we saw force awakens that that was Princess Leia

She has a stiff mouth and rough husky voice. Her acting and emotions were horrible.

Sky Movies?

All that coke she did and medication she's taking now is fucking her up.

Because she didn't want to be killed off. Even though it made him a household name and lots of money, Harrison Ford never liked the character of Han Solo later in his career. Killing Han finally gave him an out.

I think that it's not allowed to kill elderly women in a PG13 movie.

You know what really grinds my gears?

At the end of the movie, Chewie and Rey land at the Resistance base and exit the Falcon. Chewie is walking ahead of Rey and passes by Leia. Chewie looks somewhat depressed, probably because Han Solo just died. Chewie and Leia walk right past each other and don't even acknowledge each other.

Leia doesn't think to comfort Chewie at all. Instead she's too fixated on Rey to even notice that Chewie is grieving over Han's death. Leia doesn't even fucking know Rey. Why is she more concerned with meeting her than comforting Chewie?

Rey is her niece though

Why doesn't she have the same accent in TFA? is there lore on this?

Gary posting

Assuming that you're right and even assuming that Leia inherently knows this via the Force's influence, Leia has always put her loyalty towards friends and the Rebellion above things like "the will of the Force" and other Jedi shit.

I'm not saying that Leia wouldn't have felt some need to meet Rey, but she wouldn't have given that priority over an old friend like Chewie who knew Han even better than she did.

JJ said that was a mistake on his part. He wanted two force people meeting for the first time to be special or something but later realized he shouldn't have done that.

>She's the youngest of the 3
>She looks like she's the oldest of the 3 by far.

She's had a hard life. Kind of fits for Leia at that point, though. She's not an idealistic young firebrand anymore, she's a tired old campaigner who doesn't fit in anywhere but leading a war.

Who knows? They may yet. As long as she gets to confront Kylo Ren beforehand, I'm okay with that.

I did not realize that. The fact that he acknowledged that makes me a little happy.

I think she knows enough about Wookies to know that consoling him at that moment might not be prudent.

Imagine having sexual intercourse with her when she was in her prime and high on coke.

>yfw carrie Fischer has a long career of saving garbage scripts
Bitch is a loon but she's pretty smart and likeable

>literally advocating murder of Carrie Fisher

Cheaper to hire than Ford and Hamill.

Huh?

Neither of them should have been in it. Carrie Fisher looks exactly like a woman who been on the coke and liquor for several decades and watching Harrison Ford trying to run around like the old days I was scared he was about to break a hip. Why the fuck was he still a smuggler anyway? He became a general and took part in some of the most important battles in the galaxy. Fan service just becomes shitty story telling real quick when they know they have to give the audience the same shit as last time no matter how retarded it is. Like having a 75 year old actor trying to be the same character he was 40 years ago.

>Why the fuck was he still a smuggler anyway?

Because after Ben went full Kylo and his marriage broke up, it was the only thing he felt he knew how to do anymore.

>He became a general

As if that means anything in the Star Wars universe. I'm convinced they give the general rank to janitors, if they do a good enough job waxing the floor.

Finns backstory now makes sense.

ITS SO DENSE

Why is this a complaint? I have never understood why people find Leia comforting Rey in this moment out of character.

This kind of thing was established in A New Hope. Her whole planet was destroyed, but what does she do? She remains stoic and comforts Luke (someone she doesn't know), who just lost a mentor.

Let's compare. World destroyed, planet blown up and was powerless to stop it, whole family gone, someone else lost mentor figure though, gotta comfort them. World destroyed, husband killed by own son and was powerless to stop it, whole family gone, someone else lost mentor figure though, gotta comfort them.

Leia was rescued by Luke and the both of them escaped the Death Star. At that point, they developed enough of a relationship for her to comfort him after Obi-Wan's death.

Leia doesn't know Rey from a hole in the wall. Outside of any "Force connections," she's a complete stranger. There is no reason to approach Rey and comfort her first before Chewie.

Except for Maz's "Who's the Girl?" Moment, followed by Leia's "Han told me about the Girl" later in the movie. Clearly there IS an offscreen connection. Lazy as it is, that's a problem with the movie, not with Leia's character.

Also, when they get off The Falcon, Chewie is most certainly not moping, he is totally concerned over Finn with all the medics, and he goes with them. After all, Finn DID patch up Chewie's blaster wound, and we know how wookies are about repaying their debts and favors.

more like COCAINED