i think his dumb
trendy music

he did a butter commercial

Coolest man on earth

Overrated piece of garbage.

Old and tired meme.

'd love to be friend
i'd just drool if they say to me hi

Fucking right wing, pretentious fuck. Pil was good, but the sex pistols were just another boy band. The damned and wire were much more significant to the punk and post-punk scenes.
Saw him live a few years ago. He still puts on a great show for his age. Again someone more significant to punk than the sex pistols.
One of my favorite musicians. Wish I could have seen tg live in the 70s. But cosey and Chris are doing a lot better right now, music wise.
Retarded
Fucking sex icon. I'd fuck the shit out of young nick cave. Also one of my favorite musicians.

To support upcoming PiL albums. Shame not a single one after the third one was anything noteworthy.

Inspiring, although Throbbing Gristle isn't the peak of musical taught.
youtu.be/1sDj77WpiVQ

cool as fuck
a bit of a jerk desu

I'm not sure if many people are aware, but he openly spoke about Jimmy Saville and got himself banned from BBC.
youtu.be/esKnWAIgpLY

Kind workaholic

>The damned and wire were much more significant to the punk and post-punk scenes.
Bullshit. Everyone and their Grandma' claimed The Pistols as an influence after '77.

Do you think green day is punk too?

madman, bass playing prodigy and overlooked IDM champion.

even though his little brother ceephax is better

No but anyone who denies The Sex Pistols obvious influence on music is obviously a contrarian retard. Bring on the insults oh deep and gnostic Punk.

Their second to last one was actually surprisingly good. Their best since FoR.

I thought What the World Needs Now... was pretty good. Alt Dance but great solid musicianship.

I did as well, but reaction to that one seems a bit mixed, so I thought best not to mention it

I want to suck Albini's dick so much

>Nick Cave
>overrated
Absolute shit taste

Amazing

>Overrated
>Shitty and uneven solo catalog
>Worst Black Flag Vocalist
>Dumb Man's Hubert Selby Jr
>Unfortunately a Self-Hating Homosexual
>Good to the Troops & Working Class

PiL's first three albums are among my personal favorites

>goes to kent state
>friend gets killed there during protest
>goes to london because the music sounds good
>immediately starts hanging out with the pistols
>also hangs out with the clash, thinks they are ok and all, but not really punks
>soon in love triangle with guy in OP and sid vicious
>cheeky motherfucker in OP breaks her heart
>goes home to ohio and arizona
>gets into zz top
>goes back to london
>somehow finds 3 incredible musicians, including the best guitarist who isn't keith levene
>records one of the best debut albums of all time including a kinks cover
>soon pregnant with ray davies' kid
how does all this shit even happen? She is literally the female forrest gump, only hot and not retarded. Plot twist: her family wasn't even rich.

i wonder what metal box would have been like with a different singer. sometimes his voice is too much

Did you really just try to use Right Wing as a insult?

He's full blown capitalist neo conservative burgerclap now & I love it.

Both amazingly talented

Yeah, sometimes it sounds like they are a band practicing with a different singer, like someone's friend filling in for the real singer, and just making up words like furniture staging a house. Then I realize that this is one of the reasons it sounds so great.

Boy band frontman ( not punk), did anything his manager told him (not punk), stole his entire style from richard hell (not punk), called conservatism "the new punk" (not punk)

who?

Cool post. I always forget about Chrissie Hynde.

Yes bitch

lying sack of shit who lives off attention and despite hardly contributing anything musically to TG still gets praised as "the inventor of industrial"

he says trump is punk rock, yes. But he will also tell you that he thinks punk rock was shit and that the pistols were shit. Kind of hard to pigeon-hole him to. be honest

overrated to be honest but not the worst ever, but the fans make discussion about her unbearable and i wish they would stay in their containment thread

god-tier

>in this picture she she is making music
>do a little magick so the music writes itself while you netflix and chill
get on her level

only good when he's impersonating Eye

Ah fuck you. Lydon is a cool motherfucker. Lived a lifetime most people only dream of living and he did change music forever.

youtu.be/u8mqAyVU01E

What does that even mean?

>not knowing who Eye is

glad to see someone posting my musical waifu. You also forgot: In a band with Mark Motherbaugh way before devo

Here it is from the horse's mouth:
youtu.be/-nds8KOUTy4
In this documentary too:
imdb.com/rg/an_share/title/title/tt0236216/

Seems like Tyler, the creator's type.

What is the point you are so desperately trying to make? That The Sex Pistols were a band made by Malcolm McLaren?? That somehow that makes them a mainstream boy band? Were you around in '77? Methinks not? Do you remember how to the British media they were Satan incarnate? How they ripped off EMI before they'd even recorded a note. How when they got to the #2 song in the land all Top of the Pops could show was a picture of the band because they were fuckin' banned. Yes. They were a commodity put together to shake the music industry like a rabid pit bull and it was never the same again. Just like Boyz2Men. >rolls eyes

Now go ahead and wait another 2 hours to post your stupid little "I'm so Punk" retorts because you think I'm gone.

>What is the point you are so desperately trying to make? That The Sex Pistols were a band made by Malcolm McLaren?? That somehow that makes them a mainstream boy band?
These words came from Malcolm McLaren's mouth in that documentary. I don't know what to tell you. You're unwilling to confirm that what you just described is true.

>Now go ahead and wait another 2 hours to post your stupid little "I'm so Punk" retorts because you think I'm gone.
What? I despise punk and love post punk. But you've known that all along, so why would silly me even need to reply?

My point is so fucking what? That does nothing to undermine the massive and unadulterated influence The Sex Pistols had on music. You may not like their music. You may not like them. But to deny that is just ignorant. And what isn't contrived in music? You're looking for some kind of pure honesty and reality in music. You came to the wrong place son.

>Hello, everyone. This is running on empty: food review.

I acknowledge their influence, although it's largely a negative one. Where did I even deny their influence? And I'd imagine you'd agree that punk rock isn't the peak of musical though, shall we say. This is talked about in this documentary by Keith Levene among others:
youtube.com/watch?v=Y4DJTxWhWkI
Pure honesty and reality in music? Definitely not impossible if you're implying that.

Really pretty curious about this one

>tries to stealthily bring SJW shit into convos

He's cool

>the Sex Pistols
>right-wing

>johnny is pretentious
>literally was part of creation of punk

Of course he's nothing compared to the punk professor sex machine like (You) who literally had to perform C section to give birth to punk am I right

>great songwriter
>love those moments of shock sarcasm and self-loathing in his songs
>sorta cool when he is sincere cause that is an even bigger shock
>incredibly annoying at times
most times actually. Hope he doesn't die though

>all this banter about the early days of punk
>no mention of this distinguished lady
>she is literally like 60 percent responsible for it happening
>s.m.h.t.bh
aw shit niggas some of this stuff is dope:
viviennewestwood.com/en-gb/shop/mens/jewellery

tfw you're going through opiate withdrawl and you realize candy's room is probably about heroin

>John Lydon

actually much more interesting than the boring "punk" meme he partly helped propagate.

this

grim

the ultimate poseur

ceephax is definitely much better than squarepusher

NIGGER

Doesn't seem to be an extremely talented guy but made some GOAT albums with Bowie and the Stooges. Very energetic.

Probably a nice guy but hugely overrated songwriter.

I don't know much about him, but he's beautiful.

Pretty impressed with his skill to never shut up. Songs like Paint A Vulgar Picture where the lyrics just go on and on and on and on. Wish that he could have held the Smiths together for a few more years.

Basically the same as Morrissey. We're lucky to have him talking shit all the time.

how much of a tankie do you have to be to think that John Lydon is right wing jesus fuck christ

He says conservatism is the new punk

What?