15 years ago today, Harry boarded the train to start his first year at Hogwarts

>15 years ago today, Harry boarded the train to start his first year at Hogwarts

Now that the dust has settled, is this the best of the movies?

but that's not the prison of azkaban

3 > 5 >=6 >= 7 pt 1 > 2=1 > dog shit > 7 pt 2>=4

2 and 3 were better

LOL MUH MAGIC

>3 ranked highest

Stopped reading there because the rest is probably fine. Prisoner of Azkaban is proof that a good director can make a decent movie out of anything.

>all the witches and wizards are on their way to practice their magic
>tfw filthy muggle

Not even close, Tumblr. Its one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though r-right
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

>Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
>Sorcerer's Stone
>Sorcerer
>americans in charge of knowing history

Publishers though that American kids wouldn't want to read a book about a "philosopher" lol. That being said, 1 & 2 are my favorites because they don't take themselves too seriously. They improved a lot from the books as well.

Tbh A Cadmean Victory > canon.

Just saying.

Prisoner of Azkaban was my favourite.

Reading the first book, I can't imagine how dull and painful Harry's life would have been if he didn't become a wizard. I'm talking years of therapy to overcome his youth.

>Tumblr
true
i've only seen those type of ham beasts come into the book and library store looking for this shit now

You really should take a step back and think about your life. You post the same /lit/ pasta In every thread. I genuinely feel sorry for you, man. I know you don't go outside at all.

This never fails to be both highly amusing, and incredibly true.

Never stop fighting the good fight.

1>3>2>4>6>7.1>7.2>5
Prove me wrong faggots

I totally agree. I find it totally strange that the best movie in the series has little importance overall in the series. Sad but true

2>1>3>7.1>6>5>7.2>4

Im curious, why do you think chamber is the best? A lot of people even think its the worst

It's basically the first one but less childish, which makes it perfect. Also I love the sense of mystery of a monster roaming around the school

Why is Ulysses in Mid-tier and that Ayn Rand garbage in god-tier?

>He didnt just "ACCIO NUCLEAR WARHEAD" to kill the wizard KKK

this was my favorite

>4 Isn't first.
Shit taste detected

america is literally a shithole m8. what can you expect?