Who's better?

Who's better?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hy3FPRaeW3Y
rateyourmusic.com/list/floflo79/ryms-top-200-albums-made-by-women-_updated-and-expanded_/4/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

kate bush but they are all very good

Bjork.

Be ready for a grimes Stan to ruin this thread.

her

none of them.

grimes is better.

Called it.

Carly rae jepsen

Kate = bjork = jo

fpbp
No

these artists have nothing in common besides being female hehe problematic thread much?

They all do a form of art pop though.

Actually, Björk says Kate was her biggest inspiration.

I bet this is a mod

Fazerdaze best waif

Fuck, Marry, Kill

Fuck - Joanna
Kill - Bjork
Marry - Kate

Fuck Björk, marry Joanna, kill Kate.

Hard to choose between Kate and Bjork. But I prefer Grimes more.

Thoughts?

Kate > Joanna > Bjork

>73874170
Just ignore these fags, they're trying to rile you up. Don't fall into their trap bros.

Change Grimes with Kate

Actually.

Kate > Joanna > Bjork > Trash > Powergap >>>> Grimes

This. The only reason they still post this shit is because you all give them (you)s

They're all pleb, contrarian and patrician.

Joanna - Patrician
Björk - Pleb (Still love her though)
Grimes - Contrarian

You're trying too hard. Grimes is much better than you think.

>Joanna - Patrician
Shame about her voice. BTW, are there more Joanna fans than Grimes fans?

Pretty accurate

Don't spam her here, you'll ruin her

Elizabeth Fraser > > > > > > > Joni Mitchell > Stevie Nicks > > > > Bjork > > > > > > > > > > > > Kate Bush > > > Elysia Crampton > Virna Lindt > Laurel Halo > > Julee Cruise > Linda Perhacs > Laurie Anderson > Alice Coltrane > Tina Weymouth > Siouxsie Sioux > Nico > Pauline Oliveros > Laurie Spiegel > Delia Derbyshire > Buffy St. Marie > Hannah Diamond > Grimes > Sky Ferreira > Maria Minerva > Grouper > Zola Jesus > Julia Holter > Joanna Newsom > Julianna Barwick > Holly Herndon > Diamanda Galas > Yoko Ono > Mazzy Star > Vashit Bunyan > Jenny Hval > Inga Copeland > Puro Instinct > Geneva Jacuzzi > Nite Jewel

Shot out to Rachel Goswell and Bilinda Butcher for the bands they're in.

Also, rankings aside, I like everyone in these list. Nobody is of a 'low' ranking.

fite me.

Grimesfag ruining threads again

>73874258
>people are still responding to this faggot
Fight it, anons!

Kate bush is beyond compare, Bjork was very good, and I don't cknow who the one on the right is.......Joanna Newsome maybe?

>Mazzy Star

You know it's the name of the band, not the singer, right ?

>Hannah Diamond > Grimes
I've never seen a bigger trolling in my life. How the hell that terrible singer (not even musician) is better than Grimes? Also how Elizabeth Fraser who just sings is better than Grimes, who is a complete artist and producer?

Everyone's better than Grimes.

B8

Björk and it's not even close

What are you expecting from a pleb with shit taste like this. I mean, look at that ranking.
Awful.

Yes, but in that case I just put Mazzy Star in because she is so central, whereas I left out MBV and Slowdive because Bilinda and Rachel are more supporting players in those bands. There are a few other bands in the list too, where the women are the lead.

Yes, Hannah Diamond is absolutely better than Grimes, no troll. Everything I would have hoped Grimes latest album would have done, Hannah's music actually does. And I still like Grimes. But as you can see by my list, I don't rank Grimes insanely highly. And I bet you Grimes would agree with a lot of the women I ranked above her.

And comparing Grimes to Fraser? It's as if you really just hate Grimes and are trolling her to be annoying. She's fine, but doesn't compare to a good dozen or so other artists on that list, and I was being incredibly generous putting her above so many of those others (not what I'd consider "true" rankings but just closer to how I'd likely listen lately)

Nope.

Now I know Grimesfags are trolling. How can you pretend to be into some "art girl" like Grimes and not know about or like those other artists, or realize how many of them are so easily better and more important than her.

Waifuists are cancer.

Elizabeth Fraser does more with her singing than Grimes could ever do with her "production".

Also, why are you talking all "rockist" about her being a "complete artist" for producing when Grimes herself is clearly a popist who worships manufactured artists like Beyonce, Maria Carey, Rihanna, etc?

Not that user, but I'm a Grimes fan and I like most of those artists from that list. IMO she's better than all of them. Just my personal opinion. None of those other female artists are even close to the skills of Claire Boucher.
>realize how many of them are so easily better and more important than her.
Some of them are more important than her - Grimes is a mere indie artist - but better? I doubt it.

>with shit taste like this.

You're really outing yourself as a pleb calling that shit taste. Go back to your anime soundtracks, kpop, and Chvrches, waifufag.

I said I called that they would ruin the thread. I was the 2nd post.

I was confirming I was right about then crashing it. Learn to read god damn.

>No Laura Brangian

>Elizabeth Fraser does more with her singing than Grimes could ever do with her "production".
Let's not exaggerate. Grimes does some wild stuff with her voice too. On Kill V. Maim she sounds like 4-5 different singers, she has that wide range. Grimes is coloratura soprano with a 4.5 vocal range. Maybe she's not a better vocalist than Elizabeth Fraser but she's certainly more talented in music and art in general. Her real strength is in songwriting, sound engineering and production.

>Not that user, but I'm a Grimes fan and I like most of those artists from that list. IMO she's better than all of them. Just my personal opinion. None of those other female artists are even close to the skills of Claire Boucher.

You clearly don't know most of those artists if you think she's more skilled. Even her production is laughable.

I am genuinely curious about any light will eventually be shed on just what kind of deficiency or disorder waifuists have. Or maybe it's like Stockholm Syndrome.

Awe, look at the waifuist pleb's cute little anime reactionimage. So cultured!

>Even her production is laughable.

How?

>even trying to compare ANYONE'S singing to Liz Fraser's.

man, you might as well give up on everything.

good choice

Joanna Newsom is so fucking bad. She sounds like a canary being strangled, why do you all like her so much? Because of the ass she doesn't have?

And she's nothing like Bjork or Kate Bush. Kacy Hill, Florence Welch, and Julia Holter are better comparisons.

Actually Claire was compared to Liz Fraser. She's a fan of her too. Don't you think there's a strange similarity? youtube.com/watch?v=hy3FPRaeW3Y

>You clearly don't know most of those artists if you think she's more skilled.
Like I'm not allowed to think in my own way. Why are you such a narrow minded person?
>Even her production is laughable.
You just don't like it. Her production is very detailed and rich.
>I am genuinely curious about any light will eventually be shed on just what kind of deficiency or disorder waifuists have. Or maybe it's like Stockholm Syndrome.
>trying so hard to disparage different opinions than yours
See pic related. Totally about you.

i think grimes knows about us

Yep

< This too. That's why you're so mad if other anons dare to believe something different to your core beliefs.

Of course Claire likes Liz Fraser, and anyone who is Cocteaus fan will put them at the top of the list, including Claire. A supposed Grimes fan is revealing they really don't understand Claire if they don't understand this.

>Yes, Hannah Diamond is absolutely better than Grimes, no troll.
Lol! You're joking, right?
> Everything I would have hoped Grimes latest album would have done, Hannah's music actually does.
So, you got some shitty PC Music that you love. That says a lot about your bad taste.
>And comparing Grimes to Fraser? It's as if you really just hate Grimes and are trolling her to be annoying. She's fine, but doesn't compare to a good dozen or so other artists on that list, and I was being incredibly generous putting her above so many of those others (not what I'd consider "true" rankings but just closer to how I'd likely listen lately)
Come on, Liz Fraser is just a singer. How the hell is she better than Grimes? The latter is a one woman band and did amazing music on her own. Are you such a pleb to value just vocals more than vocals + songwriting + production + sound engineering + playing multiple instruments?

Liz does vocals better than Grimes does any of those other things combined, hence, she's better.

Autism in one picture

Claire's latest album often sounds like some Avril Lavigne / Taylor Swift shit.

Whooooo has the bad taste hmmMMM?

>everyone took the grimesfag's bait
Feelsbadman

>Claire's latest album often sounds like some Avril Lavigne / Taylor Swift shit.
Being poppy =/= bad taste. AA sounded more like Post by Bjork: a wildly diverse and eccentric pop album. THAT is the point of reference. Avril / Taylor wouldn't be able to do something remotely close to Claire's latest album not even in 1000 years.

I know

Why are you using her real name? Man you're really selling it

if we're going by 2017 standard, fuck bjork, marry jo and kill kate

there's no way i could choose if each was at the height of the career

I don't even feel like a human being anymore

rateyourmusic.com/list/floflo79/ryms-top-200-albums-made-by-women-_updated-and-expanded_/4/

>No Grimes
>This 3 ladies on the top 4. Grimesfags on suicide watch.

>implying that AA comes even close to Post
Wew

It does. Actually it's better. Post has a few bad apples: the cheesy I Miss You (with an ever cheesier video), the ridiculous cover Oh It's So Quiet, You've Been Fliriting Again and Headphones.

All of those songs are 10s. Art Angels, meanwhile, has the grating track SCREAM, the track REALiTi, which was complete garbage compared to the demo version, and the intro, Laughing and Not Being Normal, which combines many sounds but not into anything that functions better than background noise alongside grating vocals.

>implying rym has any relevancy and any good taste
She's criminally underrated by that bunch of nerds.

>All of those songs are 10s.
Let's be honest: they're 5/10 at best. You can't put them on the same level with Army of Me, Isobel, Hyperballad to name a few.
>Art Angels, meanwhile, has the grating track SCREAM,
It's a grower. Get into industrial stuff and you'll see its appeal. Try some Skinny Puppy.
>the track REALiTi, which was complete garbage compared to the demo version,
No way. It's still a great song despite the different production and singing.
>and the intro, Laughing and Not Being Normal, which combines many sounds but not into anything that functions better than background noise alongside grating vocals.
I love that intro. It's short and sweet. It sounds like a micro symphony. Love dem violins.

Yeah I Know How Can People Have an Opinion Like Nigga Just Be Like Me hahahahahahah

>get into industrial stuff
I can assure you that I know more about industrial than you do, Skinny Puppy is not as obscure as you think. SCREAM is an annoying track that only serves to grate on me, with subpar rapping and a stupid gimmick

>it's still a great song
Not really, the demo would fit better on the album and the lack of it was a huge mistake

>it's short and sweet
It does nothing to set you up for the album and has a bunch of instruments but goes nowhere interesting with them.

they all (grimes as well) have annoying as fuck voices

>I can assure you that I know more about industrial than you do, Skinny Puppy is not as obscure as you think. SCREAM is an annoying track that only serves to grate on me, with subpar rapping and a stupid gimmick
OK, so you just don't like it.
>Not really, the demo would fit better on the album and the lack of it was a huge mistake
The demo would sound out of place. The album is quite aggressive and the demo is too soft. Anyway she lost the stems of that demo. Realiti wasn't even supposed to be on AA but on a scrapped album she did after Visions. She added it after it got huge acclaim.
>It does nothing to set you up for the album and has a bunch of instruments but goes nowhere interesting with them.
Do you really dislike that intro so much? It has a cool melody.

>OK, so you just don't like it
wow, you're a smart one

>The demo would sound out of place
not really, I think it would make an interesting break yet she decided to put on the worse version to maintain the already annoying direction the album went. I didn't know about the stems thing so I'll give you that

>It has a cool melody
Sure, but that's not enough to hold my attention or draw me in if nothing else interesting is going on

>posting the oatmeal
reddit

Bjork easily, then Kate. Joanna's music is nice but I just don't like her voice.