Hey Sup Forums im pretty sure i have sleep apnea

hey Sup Forums im pretty sure i have sleep apnea.

i know because im constantly waking up gasping for air. and when im falling asleep i realize i forget to breathe and i need to gasp again to get my breath back.

my question is, how much would it cost for an uninsured american such as myself to have a sleep study done? i live in texas if that matters.

and also, are there any home remedies to this? ive tried sleeping in all types of positions with all types of pillows and nothing works. i never get a good nights rest and im always fuckin tired. and i have insomnia because im scared to sleep and stop breathing. shit sucks.

you are overweight, right?

combine carb cycle diet with an intermitent fasting, and when you drop under 80 kg it will go away. been there done that

bump

there was this one night about a year ago where i had a dream that i was choking. i woke up and still couldnt breathe. i started shaking my gf who was sleeping besides me and she wouldnt wake up. i started geting angry and scared so i stood up hold my neck and right when i was about to pass out i actually woke up in bed gasping for air.

when i was little my older bro hated sleeping in the same room as me cuz he hated how i would hold my breath all night. i had no idea what he was talking about but now it makes sense.

maybe like 30 pounds over my goal weight.
im 230 and 6'1"

down from 250. only been excercising like a month.

but i was really skinny when i was young and still had this problem. i think it has to do with my deformed jaw. i have a really bad underbite and refused surgery when i was younger cuz they would have to break my jaw to align it.

also sleep apnea here but not overweight
don't wake up in the middle of the night gasping for ait but i'm a snorer and been told i often stop breathing for like 20-30 seconds then choke up and carry on snoring
few times when i've only just gotten to sleep i've woken up to like a mini seizure type deal
constatntly tired, full nights sleep doesnt charge me up, and rarely have dreams

let me tell you waking up from dead sleep to sitting up gasping for air really really sucks.
for a few minutes i feel like im really really fuckin stoned. still feels like im dreaming almost. everything is wavy like im tripping.

get a CPAP machine, sleep like a baby.

im trying to stay away from machines as i have someone who sleeps beside me every night.

and theres no way ill be able to sleep with a damn machine whirring right next to me strapped to my face.

That's what I thought too.
Good luck.

wait, have you tried teh machine?

is it not what i expect it to be?

Cost around 1000$ in norway for the dentist to make you a coustom to prevent it.

I have one, I sleep like a baby.
I'm able to concentrate and I don't dream of drowning anymore.

Melatonin.

Texas apnea sufferer with high deductible insurance. Sleep study will be on the order of a few grand :/

Try these out
A few friends of mine use these and they said that they have no sleeping probs anymore

This is one of those easy fixes that people without insurance die from. Usually indirectly, as lack of sleep really hurts the heart and other organs.
Both the sleep test and the CPAP are very expensive. Without insurance or money you're up the creek.
Two recommendations. !) try sleeping sitting up. Hopefully you have a good lounge chair for this. 2) Stick with your self diagnoses, and see if you can get a used CPAP on the cheap. Mouthpieces and filters are affordable.

Is it really apnea? There are other night breathing problems people can develop. Unfortunately, to have this tested is very expense. But you could try various cures and see if you get lucky.
If it really is apnea this won't help. But it can help with other types of breathing problems.

do you just get used to having the machine or something?

get a nasal cpap mask and a home machine. Can get the whole setup for less than 500 bucks.

im seeing a bunch of cpap machines on amazon for under 500$ which is actually affordable in my situation.

my question is, are these like over the counter machines for casual apnea? do i need a super high tech one from a doctor for more severe cases?

holy shit i think these are all just cleaners.

wtf man.

Guessing it should be OK. Just make sure it uses water generates humidity. It works without, but dries the fuck out of your throat.

good to know. thanks user.

so im gonna skip all the doctor bullshit and just buy a machine and try it out. keep working on the weight loss and i should be good.

thanks Sup Forums im out

Go to different sleep centers and ask for the rates WITHOUT insurance. I had a friend who was only charged around $450.00 which is a slight bit higher than what most people pay as a co-payment with insurance.

Obesity is not always the main issue when it comes to sleep apnea, it can be brain related.

Try to lose weight. It will definitely help.

My cousin thought he had sleep apnea. Turned out he was using too many pillows behind his head. The pillows bent his neck and squeezed his air pipe creating the same effects as apnea. Now he just uses one pillow under his head and the symptoms went away.