>stupid girlfriend freaks out that I should have let other car go first

I think I'll let her swallow one more load before I dump her stupid ass

so Sup Forums who has the ride of way?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qOQ9FVYf2-8?t=1m8s
dmv.org/how-to-guides/intersections-and-right-of-way.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

B has right of way

You should have let car B go first as you are crossing his lane but who cares? I wouldn't let the other go first too.

Lol learn to fucking drive op

A goes first since he got there first

who cares about car B if he hasn't stopped yet

>ride of way
its right of way not ride.
and in cases like these the answer is neither really. its just a matter of being polite and letting one go first.
but if you want to get super technical about it. he does. since he is going straight and you know this because he isnt indicating (assuming he is driving lawfully which you shouldnt assume but what ever) he has the right of way. him moving blocks only 2 paths in the interaction. you block 3.

You niggers are wrong, after car A completed the stop and making sure no other cars are coming from the Main Street, you have the right of way.

Car B must wait as he got there later. First to come to a stop sign and completes it has the right of way.

>ride of way

Oh god, the stupid.

Important part in what op said is that he arrived first. At a stop, at least here in canada, you have priority. We had to learn that shit for a fucking year before we could drive alone

Everyone in this thread is retarded. Those who came to the stop sign first, and the ones who may proceed. Since a stopped first, he will be the one to go.

im not from cucknada. in here the priority is "right turners, straight movement, left turns" we drive on the right side btw. right turns abstract the least amount of traffic so they have priority.
cutting trough the intersection halts only 2 lanes so they go 2nd. and left turns halt the whole intersection down so they go last.
"first come first serve" is a recipe for disaster legally speaking.

I swear your country hands out licenses by body temperature. Canadian tourists in NY are the worst fucking drivers. These faggots won't move to the right and hog the left lane. Oh yeah and fuck using turn signals.

>"HE WAS THERE FIRST HE GOES FIRST"

I drive only occasionally and even I know that this is retarded

I have to admit, that shit happens a lot, but usualy they are from ontario when they do that, they have 3 lanes high ways and they usualy stay in the middle lane, don't why these fags do that

but thats right

A has right of way because you're coming from opposite directions, and you stopped first

Drivers are getting worse and worse and the responses from retard anons itt are clear evidence. They don't teach people to drive anymore they teach them how to pass the driver's test. There's an entire generation out there that doesn't even know what defensive driving is.

if they get there the same time, of course B goes first
if B stops before A even gets there, then B goes first

whats the big deal, you tremendous casseroles

nice troll

not reading your unintelligible crap
Green car goes first

B had the right of way :( you're supposed to yield when turning across like that. If you were turning the other way then your "I got there first" theory would be correct.

youtu.be/qOQ9FVYf2-8?t=1m8s

Car a. Why because I drive a lifted truck, and fuck your car if you wanna try

You should have let the green car go first, minimize potential accident risk, also the who stopped first is not valid here, why are you acting like a kid?

Where do you live?

A car crossing the path of another yields.

Car B goes first because Car A is both turning and crossing through a lane.

Whoever hits the stop sign first has the right of way. You all
are fucking beta ass bitches.

Leave that dumb bitch OP

You're fucking stupid

Thats the truth only when its questionable you let the the person to the right go. In this situation the person crossing traffic should yeild assuming both came to the stop at the same time. At least In the state's.

You people are fuckin stupid. B has the right of way if the intersection had a stop light. This assumes oncoming traffic always has the right of way. But stop signs don't fucking work like that. Jesus fuckin Christ bros, where the fuck did you learn to drive?

I live in Hue land and the law here is
>if you dont see a cop around do whatever you want
works fine
pic unrelated

he asked a question relating to the law.
no one cares about your tiny dick and need to prove how manly you are by driving recklessly.

how long was it before car A stops?

how long does car B have to wait for car A to get to the intersection?

Stop signs do work like you fucking retard.

People saying that B car has right of way are retarded. The person who arrived and stopped first has right of way. Imagine there are infinite cars going straight behind B car, by your logic A car would never be allowed to move and would have to sit there and die of starvation because it would never be "their turn" to go.

First to arrive, first to drive.

this is the only right question in this matter !
it seams the british isles and all know they do thing different for no obvious reasons but to be different
so this has nothing to do with the american "first arrived"
might well be B

you are dumb
please refrain from posting with that childish logic

Whoever stops first has the right of way. That is the laworst. You fucking idiot

bless your empty little head

You don't understand how traffic works, please refrain from driving, ever.

Holy fuck are you dense?
Car A has blinkers indicating he wants to turn right, even IF car B decides NOT to let him pass, the others will, it depends on if he cares or not.

now this really depends on where you live.
i live in norway and car a would have had right of way since both are crossing a lane and car a would come from the right side of car b.
in norway we have a default right hand rule where you have to yield for cars coming from your right if there are no signs.

Was meant for this retard

In this thread:

People who think car B has the right of way give a logical and polite discussion.

People who think car A has the right of way insult everyone.

We are talking about traffic law, not people deciding to let others through out of the goodness of their hearts. The same logic as a 4way stop applies to this type of intersection. You arrive first, you leave first.

No, they fucking don't dipshit. They're first come, first go. If car A stops at the sign first, car A is permitted to cross over oncoming traffic's right of way. WTF?

yes but you forgot to mention they drive left hand AND stop sign yield default right hand rule
so not applicable here

>You arrive first, you leave first.
Good luck actually following this rule in the US, i lived in the Middle East, Europe and in the US, and people in the US are selfish fucktards, i'm in awe every time i see a driver, they're all retarded.
To avoid accidents i literally maintain eye contact and see what they're doing EVERY time.

this goes in the USA only !!!

Ausfag here. B has right of way in our country as we are not a bunch of inbred autists.

learn to read
I understand how traffic works, I only stated that you are dumb and your retarded example was childish
have a nice day

>You arrive first, you leave first.
that's a retarded rule to follow. what if 2 drivers decide they were there first because USA fuck yeah and crash?

Because people who think B has the right of way after stopping at the sign before A, are fucking retarded. That's an observation, not an insult. Pussy faggot.

That at a stoplight ultra fag. Whoever stops at a stop sign first has the right of way.

of course it would not be applicable here since we drive right hand in norway.
what i meant to point out was how it really depends on where you live and the local rules if car a or car b had right of way.

same here for the belgian fag
but this is left hand drive ... so don't know

seconded

Pretty sure B has it, your first rule only applies to 4 way stops, not 2 way.

The problem here is obvious:

First learn to drive on the right side of the street before asking right-of-way questions.

are you retarded? at a stoplight, you do what do what the giant light thing tells you. how does any of this apply to a fucking stoplight?

In Australia (driving on the left as in the image ): if there is any risk of a collision, the car turning must give way. It doesn't matter who got there first

you'll be blocking traffic for longer than B, thats why you should let B go first. but this really depends how much longer you've arrived there

Sure are a lot of retards on Sup Forums

It's clearly B, A is cutting him off

What did he mean by this?

that's not the case in the OP you mongoloid cock master

Look at point 3 you blind cunt. Don't drive.

This isn't true. Anywhere.

In OP's picture they both have the stop sign.

B always goes first because A is cutting B's straight path.

No shit. You can't into comprehension.

Are there different laws in different countries for right of way? In the United States the person who was stopped at the stop sign has right of way. I know this for a 100% fact. This leads to some very awkward encounters when the person who should go is a beta faggot and just sits there wasting everyones time because making decisions is SOOOOO hard. Please also keep in mind stop signs arent used in heavy traffic, just like neighborhoods and shopping centers and shit so these situations are very rarely anything more than mild annoyances.

If you drive on the left, like in the picture, then B has the right of way assuming they arrive at the same time.

Pussy fagget indeed.

Do you not do this whenever possible?

First come first serve at the all mighty octagon.

Then they were probably going like 8kph or 5mph and caused like 500$ in damages

first off your cars are on the wrong side of the road. but first stop is first go

Not in Australia.

not in israel either.

This explains it.
The only time you give way to those who arrived first at a multi stop intersection is when at a 4 way stop sign intersection. And I don't think I have ever actually come across such an intersection without traffic light control.

On a 2 way stop intersection where both oncoming lanes have stopped it does not matter who is there first, safety on the road should not be based around being fair to drivers, it should be based around whatever is the safest option. Which it is.

cars in wrong lane

If car A had started and committed to the manoeuvre before But reached the Stop, it is A's right of way.

Had both reached stop at the same time, B would have right of way.

Car A legally has the right of way because you stopped first
But it's a dick move to take the right of way if you're turning into his lane and car B is going straight

Why would you assume they arrived at the same time when OP specifically says they didn't

>dick move to take right of way

No, that's how right of way works. People who think they're being polite by breaking right of way are idiots who cause traffic jams.

This is assuming OP doesn't have a stop sign. But he did so this diagram is for a totally different situation you idiot

This

>the autism is strong with this one

Read point 3 you blind cunt. Don't drive.

People who drive in front of other cars when they could just let them go are idiots who cause car accidents
>also idiots who have girlfriends who aren't happy with them because they can't comprehend basic manners

This thread is full of ghostriders. Also, B goes first since B goes straight ahead on the same road and therefore has the right of way. Anyone claiming other is a hazard in traffic and should hug a tree with their car.

>I think I'll let her swallow one more load before I dump her stupid ass

Your girlfriend is a better driver than you. kys homo

>i drive only occasionally
it is a good thing. because you dont know how to fucking drive.

dmv.org/how-to-guides/intersections-and-right-of-way.php

>When making a right-hand turn:

>Check for pedestrians crossing the street before proceeding.
>Look for cyclists on your right.
>Yield to drivers going straight.

B goes first regardless of who got there first.

Your diagram assumes they are both arriving at the same time. OP clearly stated that he got there first. That means that your diagram is for a different situation where they both arrive at the same time. And in that case then yes the person turning right yields to the person going straight, but that's not the case. First to stop is allowed to go first. Really one of the first things they teach you in driving school
> don't drive plz

you dipshit. first of all, thats murrican. meaning it is opposite of OPs pic. second of all, in that scenario, you yield to people going straight, which if you are turning right in america, would be the person to the left of you going straight.

god damn, nice job cherry-picking shit to TRY and make your shit argument.

try harder faggot.

>First to stop is allowed to go first.
You have to wait 3 seconds at a stop sign. If another car rocks up during those 3 seconds you must give way to it in this situation. OP clearly said they were both there at the same time. As I said before, Don't drive.

>implying I am not right

fucking fag

You are so wrong. Please don't drive and hug a tree with your car.