lotrplaza.com/showthread.php?19891-Balrog-Size-Mystery-Solved
youtube.com/watch?v=CmEsCKAb7r0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

super duper mister cooper

No MAN can kill him

>scariest LOTR character
>killed by a woman who had never been in battle before

yeah no.
Balrog is the only character to actually inspire fear.
>When the back door of Moria starts glowing and Gandalf visibly freaks out

What if it's a transgender male to female that considers itself a woman, could it kill it? I'm totally not a hollywood producer looking for ideas for a possible lotr remake btw

You think the Sauron, the Witch-King and the Mouth all hang out and play poker or something on the weekend?

Seems like a pretty cool group desu

He would probably be put in stasis until a vagina is confirmed

Bruhh look at this dude

Step it up you fuckin' Brandybucks

OI LADS IS SIX A BONG YOU'S AT THE GATES OF SAURON

Does it ever say what the FUCK he was doing back there? Was he just sitting on his ass bored as fuck sicne nothing ever happened then the moment he heard the littlest sound he got his ass up?

They mention that he was awoken.
So using deductive reasoning, he was fucking asleep.

Shut up retard. Not even the smartest human that ever lived could wrap his mind around the concept of the Balrog's unique, beautiful and brutal mind

Eating Durin bones

He was awoken when the dwarves began mining the mountain, 100-odd years before his fight with Gandalf.

He wasn't necessarily sleeping when The Fellowship entered Moria, he was just walking around or chilling. It was mostly coincidence they even ran into eachother.

In reference to what he was doing in Moria to begin with, he fled there after the War of Wrath and hibernated for 5,000 years.

>100-odd
500*

He was only killed because merri's blade was some magical blade from the barrow-downs which somehow stopped his invincibility powers

The EE scene where he beats Gandalf is fucking stupid

No, he died because of a prophecy. It's Shakespearean, bitch.

You'd think he would've been a little more cautious. I mean how many other races equal or more powerful than men are there?

which the movie completely skipped. in the movie it was just a regular sword and merry just caused a distraction because they wanted the people to go aaaaah at the prophecy. Basically the movie scene was buttfucking retarded

He probably had defences against Elves and trolls and shit. And he could easily troll human soldiers.

Who the fuck expects to get backstabbed by a Hobbit?

Merry isn't a man either

I'm convinced Bombadil was just a character meant to encapsulate Charisma.

He couldn't do any of those things, but he can and did convince other people to do them.

Wraith dudes could be scary if they weren't rused by a bunch of manlets every 5 minutes

I wonder how Morgoth would look like in the Peter Jackson movies.

Like John Howe's design, maybe?

They can go invisible and have +5 agi.

I kek at this but it's not true. Tom explicitly says that while the ring has no power over him, he has no power over the ring. That means he can only beat the ring when he's defending from it's influence.
If he tried to attack the ring ie bring it to Mordor, he would lose like anyone else.

Can he die of disease?
Can he die to lions?
Can eagles kill him?

>merri's blade was some magical blade from the barrow-downs which somehow stopped his invincibility powers

Nope

Hobbits bitch

Ring destroyers

Prophecy completers

Pussy getters

it's a prophecy, not an actual magnetic field that protects him from man blows

As long as there female or female only diseases

He doesn't have any power outside the Old Forest either. Gandalf says that if Sauron won, Tom would be the last to resist him but would eventually fail as well. He's basically Tolkien's version of a Mother Nature figure, I think.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ch2b9MOPGYM

Howe and Alan Lee are PJ's main designers so chances are one of their versions.

All kinds of spikes and edgy stuff.

Or this.

Actually not a shitpost, it's true to the book, and Tolkien is such a genius to let me accept that.

Why don't we discuss the most interesting question in the saga? If Sam didn't find out Frodo was alive, and went to Mt. Doom alone and unhindered, could he have destroyed the ring? Or would it corrupt him?

The movie didn't capture how menacing and badass the Witch King is

The latter. No one could destroy the Ring.

He certainly would have reached Mt. Doom faster, and as he would had been carrying the ring for such short time, he wouldn't have be tempted at the end, but Gollum was still around there.

What the fuck is with the perspective? Ungoliant isn't even close to Melkor's level. Melkor could have been in the form of a mountain or a fucking tornado at that point. There's no reason for him to be a wimpy humanoid.

>That part where Sauron casually knocks over the tree

Every time

thats a big spider

If I'm not mistaken, it's right after he got stuck in his humanoid form. That's why he had to call the Balrogs for help.

UUUU

Still, a bunch of Balrogs wouldn't have been able to scare Ungoliant if it had been the size in that pic.

Man, the BFME games were so fucking good. Why aren't there any more RTS games worth playing?

What if the Balrogs were really big?

their power level doesn't really have that much to do with their size, presumably

You're just talking the movies, right? Because the Barrow-wights are creepy as all fuck.

I found the statues in front of Minas Morgul to be scarier than this dementor fuck desu

Growing older is realizing that Christopher was right all along

Where do they shop for those cool steel spiky helmets?I'm sure they discuss it and compliment eachother. The mouth talks a lot, Sauron checks out hot babes, and the Witch-King has no face.

The Mirkwood forest as a character was pretty scary

>It's a pedantic retard takes a boisterous prophecy seriously episode

We're discussing the dimensions in that particular picture, though, so then they would have been bigger than a form-locked Morgoth.

lotrplaza.com/showthread.php?19891-Balrog-Size-Mystery-Solved
>From the above, we calculate the Balrog Height as 16.7 feet.
They were indeed big guys

>he thinks size = power

wat r u 12?

riposte

>people claiming bombadil this bombadil that

He was the embodiment of deus ex machina. He knew that no matter what happened, Illuvitar would just show up and fix it.

No, but I read The Silmarillion.

who hasn't nerd

where'd you shop for those cool spiky sevens?

They probably have hundreds of blacksmith slaves making them.

He gave the ring back to Frodo without a moments hesitation.

It attacked him and he had to call some balrogs for help

Vere noice

Why were ring wraiths such useless jobbers bros? Literally worse than orcs

>Mirkwood
>in LOTR
?

I don't think they ever went that far north once they crossed the mountains.

It was a pun you idiots
He didnt die anyway in that scene

This sounds like something like Galadriel the Man-Maiden, Lady of Light, Balrog Dickpuncher, Teleri Tear Drinker etc etc might could have pulled of

No.

He's not really a living being to begin with. Wraiths are people who are being kept alive forever by black magic, but their bodies deteriorate until they exist only in shadow realm.
BUT they need physical thing to interact with our world. When The Nine was swept by Bruinen river, their horses, clothes, armor and weapons were destroyed, but not the evil spirits. They flew back to Mordor to get upgrade.

>Not activating your anti-patriarchy field

Do you think the Fellowship ever shared loads together when camping out at night?

>have the option of being a floating sword
>wear robes made of the most flammable material known to men or orcs instead

It's how they put out the fires.

this

>checks out hot babes

implying the smaller orcs from morder (compared to the huge muscly guys from Saruman) weren't the most fucking scary fucks in all 3 of the movies.

I mean god damn the moment the nasty orc says he wants to eat Merry & Pippin, or at least cut off their legs that was fucking fearsome

Havent read Tolkien since I was a kid but this thread made me re-order some nice old Ballantine editions of LOTR and Silmarillion thanks fucking nerds

Scariest character is the ring

Motherfucker could fuck anyone up with the exception of the one person in ME to not give a fuck, Mr. Tom Bombadil

Only because Tom Bombadil isn't in the films.

Dude fuck off

This motherfucker was pretty terryfing

He's scary because everyone thinks he's a good guy but he's the worst guy

>literally dance

literally.
youtube.com/watch?v=CmEsCKAb7r0

grishnakh?

did a quick google, yup, thats him 100%

tell me your bladder wouldn't instantly unload if one of these mofo's even as much as glanced at you

this dude was the least scary, I didn't even understand his character. He's deformed, walks limped, has under developed limbs etc, wasn't scared and I probably would fuck him up in real life.. In a world where orcs just draw the swords on eachother for the tiniest drama I'd imagine when you get an order from an ugly dude as this you'd just chop his head off and the baddest orc would take over.

Fuck, Orcs looked so good. This was around 15 fucking years ago. What happened to The Hobbit is truly sad. I just pretend it doesn't exist.
I've rewatched the LOTR trilogy atleast once a year since the films came outbut I haven't watched The Hobbit more than twice. Didn't even bother with the EE of BOTFA.

>MFW this is the gyro captain from Road Warrior and Utapuan Governor fromStar Wars.
>MFW he is always type casted as character with bad teeth

He was probably Sauron's little favorite or something.

Many drugs barons are old fat squat little brown men, at a certain point up the hierarchy physical strength doesn't matter very much.