What kind of music did you listen to in middle/high school Sup Forums

What kind of music did you listen to in middle/high school Sup Forums

Don't be embarrassed

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/naraha_kobe
youtube.com/watch?v=Z-48u_uWMHY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Whatever was in the charts, I seem to remember liking the long guitar outro to heatbreaker by william

In elementary school I used to listen to video game music

Hardbass,Hardcore,techno,Kraftwerk
Electroswing,20s~90s,Russian pops

middle school was pretty much exclusively shit like daft punk and awful vgm remixes because i didn't actually like listening to music much at all other than that.
i started exploring music in high school. i liked boards of canada and aphex twin a lot.

Anime OSTs and britpop.

Surface indie mostly.

I am unashamed, although I really should've delved deeper into the less surface stuff much sooner than I did.

pink floyd, radiohead, lee scratch perry, bob marley and steely dan

MCR evensence etc
Still listen to some of them

harsh noise, industrial and power electronics. i only listen to indie now. noise is for stupid teens.

What's on the charts, common dadrock like led zepellin, queens, rolling stones, ramones the list goes on

>middle school
green day, muse, 30 seconds to mars, nu-metal

>high school
indie rock

Started with a lot of nu-metal and then moved to EDM and Brostep

>6th and 7th grade
pop-punk
>8th grade
almost exclusively dadrock, started branching out to "indie" toward the end
>high school
dadrock and Sup Forumscore

hated music in middleschool
Sup Forumscore through most of highschool then avant teen stuff

I liked The Prodigy and Crystal Castles, I still listen to Experience and MFTJG regularly

I had horrible taste when I was younger, a lot of Nu-Metal, and Alt Metal bands. I listened to shitty Alt-Rock of the era too, also a lot of pop that I never admitted to liking back in the day. Only saving grace is that it didn't last long, I still regret ever attempting to pretend to like ICP though, their fucking fans are awful for the most part.

In that time span I went from 60's rock/iron maiden and priest, and drifted more towards crust screamo and powerviolence

Middle school
>dad rock
High school
>80s hardcore punk, southern hip hop

I used to listen to "epic" music, trailer music on youtube. Was a big fan of Two Steps From Hell.
Revisited them the other day and I was startled by how bland it sounded.

same here

shit is cringy to think back on

>middle school
Christian rock (parents were very strict)
>High school
Finally got DSL internet/Limewire when I was 14. I was already into heavier Christian acts like ZAO, Demon Hunter, and Underoath (mostly because the lyrics weren't overtly Christian) I pretty much immediately got into Children of Bodom, Amon Amarth, Arch Enemy and Burzum. Since my parents couldn't understand the lyrics they assumed it was the same bands as before lol.

I was also into softer stuff like Arcade Fire, Muse, and the pAper chAse.

I never got into music when I was in middle/high school, but I can tell you that my favorite band when I was 8 was Good Charlotte.

I wouldn't say it's that cringy, it's just that the music isn't all that special. Like, wow, I used to really think this was really special when it's basically very simple music.
I still mostly listen to instrumental music so it probably influenced me in that direction.

ugh this was me

that and awful string covers of pop songs (vitamin string quartet)

disgusting really. i never call anyone a pleb because i myself was a turbopleb at one point

Middle school: video game music (David Wise was my favorite)
High School: mucore

In high school, I listened to mainstream buttrock like Shinedown, A7X, Five Finger Death Punch, Seether, 3 Doors Down, etc.

My senior year of high school, one of my best friends got me into bands like Radiohead and Arcade Fire. I got more into Sup Forumscore stuff in college.

typical indie bands like vampire weekend - s/t, contra; mgmt - congratulations, early strokes, two door cinemea club. Then my friends got me into hip hop via A$AP rocky. Livelovea$ap is a fucking incredible mixtape. Then got into joey bada$$, other beastcoast rappers, tde line up like q and soulo.

>Vitamin String Quarter
Oh fuck man I totally forgot about this group. You just opened up a treasure trove of cringey nostalgia in my head.

6th grade - dad rock
7-8 grade - Prog rock, Black/Death/Sludge Metal, Entry-level Rap
High School - Jazz, Classical, Sup Forumscore, IDM, Prog rock, Black/Sludge Metal

MTV

dad-rock

Black metal.
Nowadays most music I listened to back then just brings back bad memories, so I kind of deleted it all from my memory.

death cab for cutie, arctic monkeys, oasis, blur, 2pac, eminem, don't remember anything else right now

Specifically these artists and albums
>the used, in love and death
>my chemical romance, three cheers for sweet revenge
>fall out boy, take this to your grave
>from first to last, dear diary my teenage angst has a body count
>good charlotte, the young and the hopeless
>atreyu, the curse
>panic at the disco, a fever you can't sweat out
>the distillers, coral fang

I still like these albums, no shame.

>middle school
Virtuoso stuff like Buckethead and Satriani

>high school
90s one hit wonders

Doom Metal. I was really into Electric Wizard. I remember when Witchcult Today came out I was fascinated by it

>middle school
Tool, Why?, and grunge, and I tried "emo" but it just didn't work for me.

>highschool
Stoner metal and punk (not classic punk, just nearly anything you could call punk). Also ambient electronic music.

I didn't really listen to music in middle school. In high school I listened to a lot of edgy metal bands.

White Stripes, Spoon, Radiohead, Jazz, Supergrass, Of Montreal, Butthole Surfers, Starlight Mints, Elliott Smith, Ratatat, Belle And Sebastian, Led Zep, Micky Avalon, Marilyn Manson, Rage Against the Machine, whatever my hipster-ass record collector dad was playing.

The Smiths and the Smashing Pumpkins. Yeah i was /that/ guy

>the used, in love and death
>my chemical romance, three cheers for sweet revenge
>fall out boy, take this to your grave
>the distillers, coral fang

I would've been your pal, user. Your taste would've been god-tier to teenage me.

same minus the emo and punk and throw metal in there

>Middle school
Fall Out Boy, The Clash, Rise Against, MCR, and Weezer

>High school
Neutral Milk Hotel, Weezer, Rage Against the Machine, and Modest Mouse

Take This to Your Grave I actually still go back to from time to time. I still very much enjoy that sound even though it's a bit pleb and cringey

And Possum Dixon at 16. They opened for the Dead Milkmen that year.

shitty emo/post-punk garbage

i had pretty good taste in edm tho, i was listening to a lot of indie d&b and jungle

Aphex Twin, Autechre and Squarepusher

I listen to shitty metalcore, shitty pop rock, shitty underground hip-hop, and maybe some classic thrash. And some Pokemon remixes. I was a massive pleb.

middle school: paramore/MCR/Evanescence, some metal stuff in that vein whatever rock was on the charts and regina spektor

High school: Branched out a little. more MCR/Paramore went from 0 hip hop to a little hip hop since I went to a black high school. More regina spektor.

Jack White and The Black Keys.

>crystal castle
>middle school/high school

Starting to get old, desu. Jesus, delayeth not your coming. Let me see not my late 20's.

Radiohead and a bunch of "grunge" stuff from freshman to sophomore year. Also during my sophomore year I started listening to death grips and a bunch of punk bands. Junior and senior years I got into MBV, Slowdive, more dreampop stuff and more punk, powerviolence and other miscallanious stuff.

>High School
Mindless Self Indulgence, Arsonists Get All The Girls, Monomate, Horse The Band, In Flames (especially their earlier melodeath albums), Anamanaguchi, iwrestledabearonce

Pink Floyd, deadmau5, and Rush

Butt rock. Lots of butt rock.

Weezer, the smiths, morrissey, new order, joy division, and the clash in middle school. Favorites in high school were brand new, death grips, xiu xiu, the microphones, and swans

early skrillex dubstep (scary monsters & nice sprites, kyoto, bangarang, etc), and a shitload of nightcore

Middle school
>Dj Sharpnel, The Berzerker, At The Gates, Waking The Cadaver, Job For A Cowboy, Skream, Cluekid, Burial, Aphex Twin, Venetian Snares

High School:
>More Aphex Twin, The Knife, Jinzo The Trap Lord (Later known as Kill Bill), Kate Bush, Postiljonen, Macintosh Plus, Crystal Castles, The Chromatics, Lazerhawk, Various 80s synthy jams.

>middle school
Cage The Elephant (still do), some hip-hop

>High School
Mostly hip-hop
some rock
some electronic (flume)

yup, typical middle-core am I right?

I could not stand music until the ipod came around

I thought I was hot shit for knowing who the clash were in middle school

the white stripes, gorillaz, the black keys, and qotsa

19 now and I really like black metal, industrial, power electronics, shoegaze and noise or noise rock

You remember what kind of DnB you listened to?

In middle school I listened mostly to metalcore like Bullet for My Valentine, Atreyu, and other gay shit like that. I liked a lot of metal that was surprisingly patrician. For example, Be'lakor - Of Breath and Bone, and Equilibrium - Sagas.

Nowadays (18 years old) I mostly listen to electronic music, my favorite subgenre being breakbeat. My favorite album is Music for the Jilted Generation by The Prodigy.

>Middle school

Various Pokémon songs, especially stiff off of mystery dungeon

>High school

Early monstercat, skrillex, and netsky

this is pretty bad, just as a warning

>middle-school: daft punk, deadmau5, started listening to grunge/alternative rock in 8th grade with Nirvana
>9-10th grade: mainly grunge artists and alternative rock, listened to itaots in 10th grade and was obsessed with it for pretty much the entire year. 11th grade: started to branch out slowly from my alternative rock phase, still listened to artists like smashing pumpkins/early radiohead but was beginning to get into shoegaze/indie rock music, arcade fire, mbv, built to spill, etc.
12th grade: post-rock phase brought on by gybe, listened to indie rock still but music tastes were predominately controlled by post rock artists like this will destroy you, gybe, slint, tortoise, explosions in the sky. Dabbled a little bit into midwest emo with american football s/t #1

j dilla, tyler tc, earl, doom, miles davis, john coltrane, madlib, a lot of chillwave then vaporwave then the music stopped.

only silence now.

Horrorcore and juggalo shit.
Tbh I still like Mirror Mirror & the Green Book from Twiztid

Mostly garbage alt rock for middle school
Started to branch out into otger rick abd began listening to hip hop in high school
Still a pleb in college but listening to more stuff every day

>Jinzo/Kill Bill
Fuck yeah dude
He's one off my favs

Fleetwood Mac, Beatles, Deadmau5 and Daft Punk. Looking back I admire I had the balls to put Fleetwood Mac on in the school gym back in 2008-2012.

Alot of Hollywood Undead and Slipknot

>Hollywood Undead
This is my darkest secret

>middle school
radio pop
>high school
Sup Forumscore and emo

In middle school I was a big fan of System of a Down, Johnny Cash, Johnny Horton, the Ramones, the Pogues, Marty Robbins & the Dubliners.

In high school I liked Bad Brains, Billie Holiday, Fats Navarro, Coleman Hawkins, June Christy, Hank Williams, Merle Haggard, Blind Willie Johnson etc.

I kept my music taste to myself mostly

vocaloid unironically

middle school was green day and classic rock with some good shit peppered in, like King Crimson and a bunch of Delta Blues artists (Robert Johnson, Blind Lemon Jefferson, Leadbelly). I also listened to The Beatles religiously in middle school and still do. In High School I got into Punk and entry level indie. Favorite bands from Freshman-Junior year include Reagan Youth, Deep Turtle, The Antlers, Defiance Ohio, Early AFI, Crass, NMH, The Germs, Dresden Dolls, and Kraftwerk. Also sporadic Gershwin and Paganini

>Middle School what was on the charts

>Until 6th Grade when I discovered Swing Jazz

Benny Goodman, Count Basie, Glenn Miller, Fats Waller, Duke Ellington, and Louis Armstrong

>7th grade when I discovered early rock music and early hip hop

Fats Domino, Little Richards, Jerry Lee Lewis, Bill Haley and His Comets, Eric B. & Rakim, The Treacherous Three, The Disco Four, The Sugarhill Gang, Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five, Etc.

>8th grade discovered psychedelic rock & blues

Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Steppenwolf, Deep Purple, Blue Oyster Cult, Cream, The Seeds, T-Bone Walker, Bukka White, Robert Johnson, Charley Patton, Blind Lemon Jefferson, Blind Blake, B.B. King, Muddy Waters, Furry Lewis Etc.

>9th - 10th Funk, Jazz, Soul, and 90s/2000s Hip Hop

Isaac Hayes, James Brown, Funkadelic, Parliament, Stevie Wonder, Sly & The Family Stone, Miles Davis, Vince Guaraldi, Don Cherry, Marion Brown, Sun Ra, Joe Henderson, Wu-Tang Clan, MF DOOM, Madlib, Atcq, J Dilla, Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth, Mos Def, Slick Rick, N.W.A., Eazy-e, DJ Premier

>11th-12th Music stopped

>Tool
>Metallica
>Nirvana
>Alice in Chains
>Anthrax
>System of a Down
>Foo Fighters
>Venom
>Motörhead
>Pink Floyd
>Slayer
>Pearl Jam
>Megadeth
>Soundgarden
>Gorillaz
>Pantera
>Led Zeppelin

And that's all I liked at 7th - 8th grade. (I repeated 7th) Humble beginnings.
I don't really grow out of music desu, all of these bands are still considered some of my favorites.

>middle school
generic 70s shit saying my music tastes are better
>high school
mf doom and other late 90s hip hop

I forgot Linkin Park

>middle school
dubstep
anime op's
nightcore
>middle school
anything fantano gives above a 5

Dadrock and drum n bass
Some edgetastic shit like Papa Roach

Joe Hisaishi, Mozart, Beethoven, Queen, Earth, Wind & Fire. Still listen to all of them

The Cure - Disintegration
Siouxsie and the Banshees - Juju
Bauhaus - In the Flat Field
The Sisters of Mercy - Floodland
Christian Death - Only Theatre of Pain
Fields of the Nephilim - Elizium
Clan of Xymox - Medusa
London After Midnight - Selected Scenes From the End of the World
The Cruxshadows - The Mystery of the Whisper

Alien Sex Fiend - Maximum Security
The Birthday Party - Prayers on Fire
Switchblade Symphony - Serpentine Gallery
Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures
The Mission - Gods Own Medicine
Peter Murphy - Deep
Dead Can Dance - Within the Realm of a Dying Sun
Rasputina - Oh Perilous World
The Birthday Massacre - Walking with Strangers

Pretty much anything found here
twitter.com/naraha_kobe

>middle school
My Chemical Romance
>high school
My Chemical Romance
>now
My Chemical Romance
growing out of music is a dumb concept

read it as a timeline

>middle school
>nwa, biggie, dre, jay z, mos def, e-40, etc.
>rush, yes, genesis, van der graaf generator, king crimson, emerson lake and palmer
>transition to high school
>soft machine, the muffins, caravan, gentle giant, camel, popol vuh, robert wyatt, aphrodite's child
>-------2011 vaporwave break out intermission-------: saint pepsi, mediafired, macintosh plus, all vektroid, beer on the rug, etc.
>tyler the creator, kanye west, death grips, earl sweatshirt, mf doom, basically anything odd future
>swans, foetus, throbbing gristle, coil, minimal man, nitzer ebb, kraftwerk, nico, dopplereffekt, the beatnigs, boris, butthole surfers, keiji haino, fushitsusha, ebm, noise rock, no wave, industrial, blabla
>end of high school

its not "growing out" but diversificating, i listen to all of the stuff i used to in middle school a lot still

gay faggotass emo lmao die

I had a Hipster sister throughout my life that would give me music that she deemed "good music" it was a good and band thing.

Middle school:
My Chemical Romance,
The Mars Volta,
Jimi Hendrix,
Radiohead
The Alkaline Trio
Explosions in The Skies
The White Stripes
The Early November

High school:
Godspeed you! Black Emperor
Slayer
Neurosis
Rapeman
Nirvana
Modest Mouse
Deftones
Different types of metal

Merzbow and pink floyd mostly

In HS? LITERALLY nothing but Lamb of God. >_>

soad
linkin park
disturbed
skillet
evanescence
eminem
hollywood undead

in middle school i listened to shit like the smashing pumpkins and boyz noise and stuff
in high school I found Sup Forums right around when tms was released and I listened to a shit ton of the Sup Forumscore albums, and it got me into shoegaze and some hip hop/rap that wasnt just 90's west coast and shit like kanye like i listened to before
nowadays its all of the above

Rihanna, Gaga, Muse, Paramore, Epica

i wrote a gushing essay about rammstein in highschool once

I listened to rise against religiously in high school

I haven't listened to a single one of their songs for like 2 years but I still probably know all the lyrics

youtube.com/watch?v=Z-48u_uWMHY

If you read one of the stories of a young king of Jearuslum, he talks about how all his efforts turn to dust in the wind. That the ultimate power and meaning is God, although he is unpredictable and un-understandable. That one should at least try to enjoy him self and try to obey his will.

what

its just a story to go along with the song bro

it's just a prank bro chill there's the camera