Sports that aren't even close of being allowed in the olympics like MMA faggotry are on Sup Forums but sports that are...

sports that aren't even close of being allowed in the olympics like MMA faggotry are on Sup Forums but sports that are in the olympics and that are the most mainstream like skateboarding are relegated to /asp/.

I don't know if it's the mods or the userbase, but you guys live in another dimension. Get the fuck out of your basements for a change.

Live pigeons shooting, tug-of-war and ski ballet were once Olympics events too. Does that make them actual sports too?

yes it made them actual sports.

I'd like to shot live pigeons

WHERE IS MY CURLING GENERAL FUCKING CASUALS REEEEE

the olympics aren't all sports, most are athletics

just because they have soccer (a sport) in the olympics doesn't mean that, for instance, doesn't mean the fastest black guy alive competition is a sport.

sprint is a sport.

By your logic, individual sports are not sports and only team sports are sports.

So, instead of having Sup Forums and /asp/ we should have /isp/ and /tsp/.

...that isn't my logic. tennis is a sport because you influence the outcome of your opponent through your play, that's the defining quality of a sport.

by your logic, any measurable, competitive activity is a sport. what's the difference between sprinting and a seeing who can ejaculate the most volume in 5 minutes?

maybe you're right.

Maybe you're wrong.

Who gives a shit?

Not me.

So what is sprint or skateboard to you? an art?

>MMA
>not a sport

it's athletics. idk it's a dumb semantic argument but putting shit like soccer/football in the same category as those is flat out retarded to me

>watching muscular guys rub each other

do you masturbate while you're watching it?

>tug-of-war is not longer an olympic sport

truly the darkest timeline

ok

One aspect of the sport, but it's probably the only thing the grabs your attention

how could it grab my attention? I don't watch it.

Not since silva stopped competing at least.

>influence the outcome of your opponent through your play, that's the defining quality of a sport

Defense of the Ancients and League of Legends are sports?

>hugging and rubbing on a guy for 20 mins
>a sport
Cant wait till it go 5o /asp/ likw wrestling

why don't we send Formula 1 to /o/ too?

esports

vidya shit to /vg/
MMA to /asp/
Car racing to /o/
NBA to Sup Forums
Divegrass to /hm/

why does NBA have to move to Sup Forums?

explain your logic

Scripted

makes sense now

/asp/ was actually pretty comfy before mandrama was banished there. Mandrama needs to come back to Sup Forums.

Good, we still allowed to post anime here

"no."

Is there an official list of what goes on Sup Forums and what goes on /asp/? I was hoping to find a figure skating thread somewhere.

If it's a sport where the athletes are stoners, it belongs on /asp/.

so figure skating would be on Sup Forums? I don't see any threads in the catalogue, do you have any idea how often I'm likely to see it?

Imagine being such a miserable cuck that you whine about sports on a sports board

Like nigga hide the thread xD

Figure skating usually gets posted during winter Olympics or world championships

Alright, thanks, I'll come back at a better time then.

find out for yourself. make a thread and see how fast it races to the bottom of the board

it isn't that it's not allowed, it's just that you don't have enough like-minded ice fairies to keep the thread alive for long

as if skating is more popular now that MMA, it's not the early 2000's anymore Tony Hawk, kids don't skateboard, they fight

>Does that make them actual sports too?

I don't know man, tug-of-war is pretty badass...

And send leafs to a rake