You can only listen to 1 rap album for the rest of your life

Choose wisely.

Other urls found in this thread:

uk.complex.com/music/2012/02/the-25-most-ridiculous-pen-pixel-album-covers-of-all-time/
youtube.com/watch?v=whxdWG4gQzQ
youtube.com/watch?v=wxCQ2_wHqj4
youtube.com/watch?v=ZkzpOQ9i5L8
youtube.com/watch?v=_QAAq0KBK0k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I would kill myself if I had to listen to Liquid Memes for the rest of my life.

I don't choose anything

predicting lots of pleb itt

Madvillainy, baby

Scarface-The Diary

Patrician posturing doesn't work here because you posted the most entry level Memphis rap record.

My fucking nigga, Scarface extremely underappreciated despite his massive influence on the genre.

That is one ugly cover tho

Why is the reflection spinning? Dumb picture

This

Pen n' Pixel southern hiphop covers are the only thing in relation to hiphop that's extremely popular in the art world.

They sell out exhibitions globally every time they have one.

tHE FUCKING TRUTH PIC VERY FUCKING RELATED

XXX

Yeah, they're very talented

uk.complex.com/music/2012/02/the-25-most-ridiculous-pen-pixel-album-covers-of-all-time/

>implying you would get some extremely obscure head album to be your sole hip hop album for the rest of your life

i like deeper shit like several solo three six tapes, lil yo, blackout, tommy wright iii, nod, lady bee, but i wouldn't be satisfied with just one tape from one of them. this tape has lots of range, lots of their best stuff, etc.

kek

Okay, I'll state the obvious one

They made artwork for whatever their artists want on their covers, if your head wasn't stuck so far up your ass maybe you'd be able to appreciate it. This was before the rise of digital manipulation image software. The iconic stylization of their work both with the artwork itself and the typography is what makes them well liked/respected in the art world and their influence still exists in contemporary musical artwork.

The uglier the cover

the better it is

lil b's myspace collection album

Why not? You're inferring that the more lesser known or underground albums are not as good/polished as that 3 6 mafia compilation.

Even DJ Paul/Juicy J's less popular mixes (Volume 16 and 9 respectively) are infinitely superior to Underground Vol. 1.

Believe it or not, I don't particularly care what the art world thinks about anything. I think most of their work is atrocious, big deal

I don't really care that much either, it's all subjective anyway but cherypicking images to back up an uniformed misconception and being either intentionally or unintentionally disingenuous is a bad look.

Obvious britfag comin' thru

The greatest rap album ever made.

What makes you think it's an uninformed misconception? Like you said, it's all subjective. I like these kinds of covers.

title track is a tune 2bh

UP FROM THE 36 CHAMBUUHHSSS

ITS DA GOOCH

WE HAVE AN APB ON AN MC KILLER

That's a big t shirt

I mean, TPAB maybe just because of how it encompasses so many different styles but I've already listened it so much it

So, I guess this

It's been 5 years and it's still the best

Still is the best rap album to ever be made

Pretty mothafucka i fuck wit.

>"Yeah, they're very talented"

Followed by the use a goofy album cover they made in a sort of attempt to disesteem them.

lol listening to rap in 2017?
that said, this one i guess

youtube.com/watch?v=whxdWG4gQzQ

We're living in the best hiphop era now.

T--T--T--TREAT HER LIKE UH PROSTITUTE

This is probably the most overrated project released on the internet era now. I don't know if it's because the original sound it's parodying is still unfamiliar to those who hear it or because LUM is white and like with Eminem people ove- hype it because of the racial barriers in hip-hop.

BALLIN ON MY MIND KAREEM ABDULA OBLONGATA

>Followed by the use a goofy album cover

Well, yeah, that was kind of the point. Nearly all their covers are goofy, which is why I dislike them in the first place.

I do, however, unironically like this one.

ah shit i didnt know it was overrated, guess it cant be my favorite rap album anymore :(

i didnt even know it was a parody, I just really like the album

Even though the rap isn't the most technical, the lyrics are great, they have nice flow and the production is hip-hop top 5 all time.
youtube.com/watch?v=wxCQ2_wHqj4

That doesn't address the main complaint from the previous post which was that your inference that they're not that talented. If you understood the era they were living in with the the technical limitations they had at the time and what they had to do in order to create the final product on the covers, you wouldn't dismiss as easily is what I'm getting at. Goofy concepts don't take away from the artwork itself.

This one is one of my favorites.I like that Big Bear cover as well, wasn't big on the album though.

It's the production. No other album has production like this, not even the rest of LUM's album. The braggadocious meme rhymes just make it a fun listen, but the production is God-like.

Sarcasm aside, treating your post seriously having MTI as your favorite album is totally fine and respectable, but when you start claiming its the pinnacle of hip-hop or the best album within the last 1-2 decades or the occasional best hip-hop album in existence post, that's when you start becoming the insufferable LUM stan.

Parody/tribute to underground southern hip-hop. That's why he distorts his vocals to give himself a deeper pitch and sound more menacing.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZkzpOQ9i5L8

Im the guy who posted the album. I dont care about lyrics at all, and rap is my favorite genre. Its all about the amazing production and LUMs flows. Rap lyrics are almost always trash.

Better than any of your nigger shit

Case in point.

>No other album has production like this

Other than the entire hiphop subgenre it's emulating?

Lil Ugly Mane wasn't even the first to bring back that sound, SpaceGhostPurrp was the first one to do it successfully.

Madvillainy, I always find something new when I listen.

>LUMs flows

There's nothing special about his basic punchline bars with the occasional tongue twisting, especially in unison with your retarded generalization about rap lyricism. You like the production mainly. You could have just said that and spared us all your moronic spew.

That doesn't count. That cover was supposed to be ironic.

He's responding to the OP not the conversation people were having about covers.

wow. haven't thought of these guys in years. they're great live.

Ahahah fuck you man, that's all i can hear now

cLOUDDEAD

so many great beats and memories

Future sound

I had a hard time choosing between this LR and MBDTF

I wouldnt even listen to one

Either this or

I'd probably go with this

Money Store or Absence by dalek

LIFES A BITCH AND THEN YOU DIE
DAS WHY WE PUFF LYE
CUZ U NEVER KNOW WHEN YOU GONNA GO

HEY, YOU. GET OFF MY CLOUD.
YOU DON'T KNOW ME, AND YOU DON'T KNOW MY STYLE.

Liquid Swords is fantastic, but the length of the movie samples is fucking irritating.

This is my shit

danny brown - xxx

1017 Thug or Almighty So

Hip-Hopes Peak in Avant Garde Trap

yeah boii rap snitch knishes on repeat

Still a big t shirt

Fuck i forgot why i never come to this shitty website

2pac - me against the world

Never expected Big L to be in this thread

No love for Onyx?

I'm from the east bay

NIce one

youtube.com/watch?v=_QAAq0KBK0k

[spoiler]RATA TO THE MOTHERFUCKING TATA [/spoiler]

i would say this if only i hadn't listen to it a shit ton already

still if you say scarface album is the one album you'd choose i'd fight u motherfucker

fell for the bitch with the pale butter skin

Gibbs's flow gets tiresome real fast. That album's real real good but I go long stretches without the need to hear this dude.

cheating. would listen to either of these till the end of time

I still orgasm at the end of ____45_____ after listening to this shit for months

yea we all knew