Viking runestone found in Ukraine (then the Kievan Rus)

Viking runestone found in Ukraine (then the Kievan Rus).

I want russian kangs to explain how this was possible

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trade_route_from_the_Varangians_to_the_Greeks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I am not Russian, but have you ever heard about the Rurik dynasty? They're the founders of Kievan Rus'.
I've read that they're possibly Varangians from Scandinavia.

Yes yes Sven you wuz kangs. Now back to your cuck shed

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trade_route_from_the_Varangians_to_the_Greeks

>kangz
We wuz kniaz and shieet, get that eurocuck shit outta here

I will say it b4 some finnish kang does, Rurik was part finno-ugric. But he was also part swedish.

Leading people in positions of power were mainly swedish

Rurik wasn't even a real person in anything else than a myth. The claim that he was finnic comes from the genetical research of the general Rurikid dynasty which contains a LOT of N1c haplogroup, which again if you're not familiar haplogroups, tells where your first male ancestor hails from.

Even if he existed he couldn't possibly be swedish, not only because Sweden and Swedes did not exist back then, but also because the population of what is today's Sweden didn't participate in Viking activities. Varangians were Danes and Norwegians.

>Varangians were danes and norwegians
Really try and ponder what would be the most logical majority of the varangians, perhaps those with closest proximity to the the east??

You may we wuz all you want, Sven, but it's a historical fact: Norse traders and raiders, which are called Vikings these days, were Danes and Norwegians.

Varangian meant no specific ethnicity nor tribe to the Slavic tribes who used the term. It's commonly concluded that the varangians Russian tribes mentioned could've been anyone and anything from around baltics. Of course bulk of them being norse.

And by archeological foundings most norse people in Russia were from Northern sweden.

Are they Danes too?

Norse vikings were danes, norwegians and swedes. That's a historical fact.

eh, most varangians were most likely swedes. doesn't mean there were no norwegian and danish varangians though, the norwegian king harald hardrada spent a lot of time in russia fighting for the grand duke and at one point became the commander of the varangian guard

Well, the earliest treaty between Rus and Byzantium, which was dates to 911, mentions names which are mostly of clear Norse origin and some Slavic ones. But curiously, the names of gods that are mentioned, are all of Slavic pagan pantheon.

WE WUZ VYARYAGS AND KANGS FROM SPACE.

We were varangians, and a swede has been in space. Both statements are true

>most varangians were most likely swedes
Except there were clearly not.
Here, from the Wikipedia article (I can't be bothered to look for proper sources in English now) about Vladimir the Great, one of the most important Rurikids, who were all completely slavisied by that point:
>In 977, Volodymyr fled to his kinsman Haakon Sigurdsson, ruler of Norway, collecting as many Norse warriors as he could to assist him to recover Novgorod.

>KANGS FROM SPACE.
>a swede has been in space
You are not quite familiar with the concept of time, are you?

>one ruler goes gathering warriors from norway
>all varangians were danes and norwegians
Russian logics is even worse than a womans

oh yes, the norsemen quickly got assimilated in russia in comparison to the norsemen in britain and france. i meant that the varangians who were in russia descended from swedish norsemen, not that all varangians spoke norse and worshipped odin

Again, there is no evidence at all the presence of Norse people from what is today's Sweden in what is today's Russia and Eastern Europe while there is plenty of evidence, including written documents, of Danish and Norwegian folk.

We have more runestones about russian expeditions than any other country, by far

I guess you are the only one who has runestones

Sage

swedes back then literally spoke east norse, same as what the danes spoke. they very much were norse vikings. they just raided more in the east rather than the west like the norwegians and danes did

all Scandinavians called themselves Danes in the 9th century, that's for sure. But they probably soon switched to their modern national identities.

they didn't, norwegians called themselves northmen and swedes called themselves svear or goths/ geats. the anglo chronicles just fucks up the naming and doesnt differ between danes or norwegians

>russian kangs

WE WUZ VIKINGZ AND KANGZ

k æ n u g a r d r

>all Scandinavians called themselves Danes in the 9th century
what are you smoking? you know fuck all about our history. don't even try.

Read ynglingasaga