Just watched this with my boyfriend, I don't get it

Just watched this with my boyfriend, I don't get it.

Why did they go to the beach knowing that the germans were waiting for them?

This is nonsense, all these soldiers dying for nothing.

>This is nonsense, all these soldiers dying for nothing.
That's war.

Government has a problem with foreign country, so they send pawns that have no beef with them and keep funneling them there until they break the front.

Germany literally owned France for like the year before D-Day. The entire coast was like that and shit had to be done on the western front ASAP. They were knocking on the UKs door too. Spies found shit out and relayed it no matter what. About the same amount of Germans died as Allies did, by the way. The taking of the beaches took like a week. This wasn't some 30 minute ordeal. This was a battle that lasted a week. Everyone thinks it was like Omaha beach for an hour and that's it.

Well, you're not wrong.

Omaha was literally the hardest beach. Every other beach was breached with minimal causalities because they used Hobarts Funnies.

Why didn't America join the European theater sooner?

Cowards

It had to be done you fucking idiot. The world was fucking being taken over. Do you understand? No shit guys are going to die. These sacrifices are why we appreciate allied WW2 veterans. They HAD TO DO IT.
this

Better question is why didn't they just bomb the shit out of the beach before trying to land soldiers there?

Obvious bait. Everyone who replied to this seriously is retarded.
They did

They did. They literally dropped thousands of bombs to destroy German communications. Operation Overlord was thought out to the minute.

They did, but the weather was shitty and Eisenhower didn't want to delay the landing another two weeks because a tremendous amount of resources had already been spent deceiving German Intelligence.

Bombing was the least effective on the Omaha Beachhead, which is why the most allied casualties occurred there as depicted in the movie.

The nazis should have won ww2

omg i know what you mean. i was like why dont they just blow up the beach with like jets?

> (OP) #
It had to be done you fucking idiot. The world was fucking being taken over. Do you understand? No shit guys are going to die. These sacrifices are why we appreciate allied WW2 veterans. They HAD TO DO IT.

Yeah, except it wasn't on a volunteer basis. The men who were packed into sardine cans were stripped from their homes, not told anything about the super secret mission, and then died without a second thought.

They didn't "have" to do it, they were forced under threat of death to do it.

You'll remember that people like Eisenhower and his cabal of freaks were fiddling while the world burned up until the war hit close to home, all the while American freedom fighters who joined British and Canadian forces while their country sat idle and announed "formal neutrality with Germany", were by law stripped of their citizenship and mailed a letter detailing that they weren't allowed to return home.

"Arsenal of Democracy", a fancy title for a country that thinks of itself as the savior of humanity. Churchill and Eisenhower can rot.

This might sound crazy to you, but the Allied forces got immensely lucky during D-Day because Hitler had chemical weapons ready to go in case they tried to land in Normandy.

The only reason the landing didn't become a complete and total catastrophe is because he was afraid of a counterattack using the same type of weapons.

>Just watched blah blah blah

Bait. The thread.

All of you answering OP are Summer idiots.

>This is nonsense, all these soldiers dying for nothing.
Israel isn't nothing you filthy goy.

I agree they should have joined and fought the russians

Yeah dude, your post on Sup Forums is going to debunk all of the reasoning and intelligence behind Operation Overlord. Yeah.

It's not about debunking it, there is nothing to debunk. It worked, by the skin of their teeth, but it worked.

It's called a discussion, and you've ruined it. Congratulations.

Mad Men sucks

Fuck off retard. I'm sick of faggots like you adding your stupid $0.02 that means nothing, and then going
>um that's not even what i was trying to do THIS is what I was trying to d-
Fuck off you bullshitter. I ruined your faggoty trolling is what I ruined.

still gave him head after that scene though ... right?

Every post above is idiot Summer fags who are too fucking stupid to know what Bait is.

Kill yourself you dumb kids.

>I'm sick of people having different opinions

The movie's depiction of the beach landings isn't entirely accurate, but even if it were battles happen and soldiers have to fight, that's war.
Numbers don't mean much compared to the strategic value of an objective. Taking the beach means the Allies now have a place to land soldiers and tanks to attack Europe with.

Don't think of it as "x many men against y many men" think of it more as a single entity that replenishes itself over time. Boys who were 13 at the start of the war were 18 at the end, and materials/supplies are constantly being produced. That's why momentum is so important.
The Russians would regularly lose 5 times as many men as the Germans, but in the end they won and they got to plunder eastern Europe and rape German, Polish, Estonian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Ukranian, Hungarian and other women for decades after. If you want to make an omelette you gotta break a few eggs.

In case you're wondering about the invasion, the basic plan was that bombers and battleships would bomb certain locations (bunkers, ammo dumps, artillery, etc), paratroopers would land behind the lines to further mess things up, and then the armies would land and attack from the ground.

sounds like you got blown the fuck out lmao

Your opinion is fucking garbage. I don't give a fuck if its your opinion. It's shit. Not everyone's opinion is worth something you fucking retard.

Except I didn't reply to the OP

You can add value to a conversation, even if it's spawned by a worthless OP

Apparently mine is worth 0.02USD. Two cents more than your opinion.

Haha

shit is literally worth more than $0.02 so no.

>sounds like you got blown the fuck out lmao

Sounds like a Summer fag who doesn't understand what BTFO means.

>You can add value to a conversation, even if it's spawned by a worthless OP

No my child, you can't.

except i was being sarcastic

>all these soldiers dying for nothing

They died so the Rothschilds could recover their Chateau Lafite

that and the murrican jews coerced the guvment to enter the war.

you sound a little upset XD

To be fair all of the Germans defence was ment to get the shit bombed out of it but American pilots droped thier bombs like 12 kms from the targets

>you sound a little upset XD

user clowns you by pointing out you don't get what btfo means.

and that's your response?

>summer

Well, yes. I didn't want to but he forced me.